Amir Coffey getting more PT

Go Gophers!!
Hopefully he can get a chance to see some extended minutes. Looking at his game logs it looks like he rarely gets more than just a few minutes a game. Still he is earning a paycheck in the NBA and maybe gets a chance to take on a bigger role here at some point.

He has a chance to hang around the NBA for a few years.

I think he'll set himself up to never need to work after his NBA days are over.
He makes $462,629 a year on a two way contract. If they keep him on a qualifying offer next year, they will have to pay him $1.5M. Not sure they will make that investment.

I believe There is a maximum amount of games he can actually play given the two way deal.

Believe it is 50 games. Hopefully he impresses enough to stay next year.

Believe it is 50 games. Hopefully he impresses enough to stay next year.
looks like he appeared in 44 games last year so 50 would make sense. He may end up having to go the journeyman route and just hope he can catch on places.

I think Amir is kind of a part of the Clippers Core now, so I hope he sticks with them. He's a legit NBA player who works his tail off.

Unfortunately I doubt Oturu will have the same luck, despite being a college stud too.

He makes $462,629 a year on a two way contract. If they keep him on a qualifying offer next year, they will have to pay him $1.5M. Not sure they will make that investment.
OK I will look it up, but what would his contract be if he goes over 50 games? Can team do that and just pay the difference.

Coffey got the start this afternoon. 3 pts, 5 boards, 2 assists in 22 minutes through 3 quarters. Plus 20 with no turnovers in a 9 point game.

Coffey has appeared in 19 of the teams 32 games. I don’t believe it is injury related. When there are injuries he gets quite a bit of run sometimes. Odd game log.

I looked the other night and it seemed like he hadn’t played in a couple of weeks. Kinda feels like he won’t end up earning a consistent role on this team.

I looked the other night and it seemed like he hadn’t played in a couple of weeks. Kinda feels like he won’t end up earning a consistent role on this team.
Agreed. But Paul George is out for a while now so he may get some consistent run for a couple weeks. May be enough to show other teams he belongs.

Coffey played well tonight and buried a 3 (putting the Clippers up 7 in the 4th) on his way to 9 boards, 1 assist, and 9 points in 23 minutes while losing to the Nuggets.

The bulk of his minutes seemed to come in the 3rd quarter and the start and end of the 4th quarter, including the final seconds where they had a shot to tie at the buzzer.

Watch for #7 in white:

Last edited:

Not many of his stats are shown in these highlights, but several of his assists and a 3-point make are captured late in the game:

Coffey started last night and played 32 minutes in the Clippers upset of the Nets. Amir ended up with 14 pts., 8 boards, 5 assists and 0 TO. Shot well.

4 of those five assists came in the 4th quarter. A three point with a little over two minutes remaining tied the game at 110 after the Clippers had been down by over ten earlier in the quarter.

Coffey is playing himself into a starting position.

Coffee led clippers in minutes in a 18 point loss to TWolves. He had 9 points, 5 boards and 5 assists. -3 on the plus/minus. I’m guessing the starters got pulled earlyish by the looks for the score. Some of you wolves fans probably have more insight into how he looked… I’m only seeing the box score.

Coffee led clippers in minutes in a 18 point loss to TWolves. He had 9 points, 5 boards and 5 assists. -3 on the plus/minus. I’m guessing the starters got pulled earlyish by the looks for the score. Some of you wolves fans probably have more insight into how he looked… I’m only seeing the box score.
He looked fine but the Clippers as a whole were a hot mess. They couldn't get any cohesion going. The wolves have been playing some disruptive defense so that combined with the Clipper's laissez-faire attitude was pretty disastrous.

Amir scored a career-high 21 the other night and was doused by his teammates with a bucket of water. The post-game interview then took a nasty turn for the interviewer.

Amir scored a career-high 21 the other night and was doused by his teammates with a bucket of water. The post-game interview then took a nasty turn for the interviewer.

Damn, she went down hard. Was not expecting that, figured she would just slip and end up sitting on the court or something like that. That could have been really bad but looks like she managed to avoid a direct shot to the face.

Awesome that Coffey is getting some nice run with the Clippers. Hopefully he can turn enough heads to hang onto a regular role with the Clippers or someone else going forward.

A good highlight clip of his game. There is no shortage of coffee references.

Not smart to dump a bucket of water on someone on a basketball court 🤦‍♂️

Not smart to dump a bucket of water on someone on a basketball court 🤦‍♂️
Yeah, you would think the players would realize how dumb an idea that is. I mean I get that you want to do something during the interview but dumping water on a basketball court is never a good idea.

Top Bottom