Am I the only one annoyed with Minnesota projected ranking?

Getting back to the OP, until I see a pass rush and some good blocking the ranking seems about right. I'd maybe put them in the 40-50 range. Not sure why some are thinking this is a top 25 team?

Getting back to the OP, until I see a pass rush and some good blocking the ranking seems about right. I'd maybe put them in the 40-50 range. Not sure why some are thinking this is a top 25 team?
we have old #7 back for a 4th straight year of TEQB football. The TE part is a bit of a stretch cuz #7 cannot hang on to the ball.

Plus 1000.....90% of the posters on here wear rose colored glasses. They get all hyped up over a grad transfer who played in one game for Oregon. The Gophers right now are ranked where they should be.And really, when you go back through the past 20 years the rags have pretty much
been right on.Phil Steele has been especially accurate.. When a division, and maybe a B1G Ten
Title. Then maybe you'll start getting some love

This is correct. The other preseason mags are what they are, time filler until the season kicks off. Steele puts in a ton of work, I buy his monster mag every year, mainly because I like to learn about the Gophers' opponents.

I still maintain that they would never recruited him as a transfer if we had a couple of DB's in fold for 2017.

Dude, what part of him only being eligible for 2016 (as in he won't even be on the roster in 2017) don't you understand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People see what is supposed to be an easier schedule and starting counting all the "guaranteed" wins.

Funny that some fans are annoyed by the magazines ranking their team for this season based on last season's results while counting those "guaranteed" wins based on the opponent's record from last season.

Dude, what part of him only being eligible for 2016 (as in he won't even be on the roster in 2017) don't you understand?

Dude...I know that. I'm saying for what seems like 100th time if the had ALREADY received commitments from DB's in 2017 I don't think they would've brought him in. His numbers aren't great.

Dude...I know that. I'm saying for what seems like 100th time if the had ALREADY received commitments from DB's in 2017 I don't think they would've brought him in. His numbers aren't great.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Having commits for 2017 would reduce the need for him in 2016. OK. Whatever.

Why?

Ya, gotta agree with spoofin on this one. They were giving him an unused scholarship. ANY quality grad transfer to add depth & competition is a no brainier. Seeing as they're playing with house money, so to speak.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Put the shovel down. Your clarifications dig the hole deeper.

Dude... The player uses an extra scolly for just this year. Use it or lose it! He will be gone long before any 2017 players step foot on campus! Zero connection to 2017 recruiting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possible late qualifier who could contribute for 4 years. In the past the Gophers have picked up
these kids in July. Tutu Atwell comes to mind, and I believe Tyrone Carter came in late. If this kid plays one down, II'll stand corrected. Boys, we're beating a dead horse. We agree to disagree.

Possible late qualifier who could contribute for 4 years. In the past the Gophers have picked up
these kids in July. Tutu Atwell comes to mind, and I believe Tyrone Carter came in late. If this kid plays one down, II'll stand corrected. Boys, we're beating a dead horse. We agree to disagree.

Which is completely different than worrying about 2017 class which has everyone confused. They wanted veteran depth for 2016. Feel free to disagree with strategy, but I trust staff judgment. And possibly plan a was late qualifier that went elsewhere

They still have more a schollies for that late qualifier - unless you are hoping for multiple late qualifiers?

We have a perceived easy schedule and Vegas still has us pegged at 6. Not crazy to be ranked that low. I can't knock the general area they have us ranked in.

There could be excitement in the season, how we. Win the "easy" games early and there are some meaningful games...maybe we can surprise.

You do realize that we still have several unused scholarships available this fall. Some of them will most likely be rewarded to walk-ons in the fall. They also could be awarded to a late qualifier if needed so you do need to worry.

You do realize that we still have several unused scholarships available this fall. Some of them will most likely be rewarded to walk-ons in the fall. They also could be awarded to a late qualifier if needed so you do need to worry.

Seriously, don't think ruppert realizes much...

Don't think it is several, but so be it.

Anybody with a username with the last three letters like you have must live under hoist. So I think I will take your cutesy response with a grain of salt.
So basically the same way everyone takes everything you say

Don't think it is several, but so be it.

More than several. Amaoko makes 79, and assuming we give one to the new kicker Carpenter that's 80. And that's already including one-time walkons Ayinde, Rhoda, and Jordahl.

Even if we also give one to Fahning, Cashman, and Hart this year, that's still only 83. I can't think of anyone else who should get one, but maybe somebody will step up in fall camp, maybe one of the WRs.

The disastrous end to 2016 recruiting has left us short on scholarship players. Hope 2017 is a full class.

Top Bottom