All Things World Cup Soccer

Definitely. Although Sargent was great today IMO. Think it's time to give Jesus some run if Sargent is out. I have been unimpressed by Haji.
TBH I think Pepi better than all of the Strikers we took when he's in top form. I'd also find away to play Reyna if he's fit

good luck, US. since I retired, I rarely get out of bed before 9:00am, so I suspect I'm going to miss most of the first half. (of course, I could always go to bed early, but where's the fun in that?)

US misses a great change in the 2nd minute and then are just clinically sliced through in the 10th minute. Not a great a start.

Free Aaronson and Reyna. Walker Zimmerman with the ball at his feet is a huge issue.

Also starting Jesus Ferreira when he had not played up to this point is odd.

Horribly disjointed defensive effort with zero communication.

The Netherlands let the U.S. midfield possess the ball and let Dest and Robinson move aggressively forward. They knew they could defend the U.S. easily, and get the U.S. out of position in counterattacks for easy, quality scoring chances.

Netherlands was too skilled and better coached. The U.S., outside of the midfielders, don't have guys who can play with the ball.

No one should be mad or disappointed about the U.S. result in the World Cup. This was as far as they realistically could hope to go, unless they got lucky with a favorable matchup in Round 2.

This team will improve their skills and gain valuable experience in the next 4 years.

If they can ever find a world class forward, and get a better defender than Zimmerman up the middle, then they could be formidable in 4 years.

Zimmerman is ok defensively. However, he sucks with the ball, and he has mental lapses.

No one should be mad or disappointed about the U.S. result in the World Cup. This was as far as they realistically could hope to go, unless they got lucky with a favorable matchup in Round 2.

This team will improve their skills and gain valuable experience in the next 4 years.

If they can ever find a world class forward, and get a better defender than Zimmerman up the middle, then they could be formidable in 4 years.

Zimmerman is ok defensively. However, he sucks with the ball, and he has mental lapses.
You should head to diamond Jo’s and put that mind to use getting an even heftier bankroll.

The Women's World Cup is next year. Hopefully the US team will put up a better showing.

Hopefully there's some new blood on the USWNT in the near future, some of the old guard needs to head to the door. Way, way too many rumblings coming out of their about toxic culture and personalities making it almost untenable for others. It's impossible to have a healthy squad with all of that going on.

Yup. I'm happy with how we showed out. Love that this group of guys seems to be so close and excited for the future.

IMO, a really interesting discussion as to why Morris and Long and others that had zero merit in being on the team, got picked for Qatar.

IMO, a really interesting discussion as to why Morris and Long and others that had zero merit in being on the team, got picked for Qatar.
"Welcome to all new USMNT fans. Let me tell you why you should be as miserable and conspirational as me and the rest of USMNT Twitter. Please stay and hate watch with us."

"Welcome to all new USMNT fans. Let me tell you why you should be as miserable and conspirational as me and the rest of USMNT Twitter. Please stay and hate watch with us."
Soccer is truly the most corrupt sport everywhere on earth.

For those that don't know, here are the most likely teams for the Copa:
  • 23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png
    Argentina (title holders)
  • 22px-Bandera_de_Bolivia_%28Estado%29.svg.png
    Bolivia
  • 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
    Brazil
  • 23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
    Canada (potential guests)
  • 23px-Flag_of_Chile.svg.png
    Chile
  • 23px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png
    Colombia
  • 23px-Flag_of_Ecuador.svg.png
    Ecuador
  • 23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png
    Mexico (potential guests)
  • 23px-Flag_of_Paraguay.svg.png
    Paraguay
  • 23px-Flag_of_Peru_%28state%29.svg.png
    Peru
  • 23px-Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png
    Uruguay
  • 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
    United States (potential guests)
  • 23px-Flag_of_Venezuela_%28state%29.svg.png
    Venezuela
We won't be doing any qualifiers for the 2026 World Cup, so playing games against high-level teams is going to be a bit hard to schedule.

Top Bottom