All Things Weather

This latest storm pushes the 2022-23 winter into the #8 slot all time for snow fall for the TC. Only need 19-20 inches to set the record (1983-84).

Part of me feel like since we have come this far why not be historic? Then I come to my senses. Uffda. 8 is enough.

The forecast continues to be below average temps through most of March. That's gotta be bad for flooding. The later the main melting starts, the worse it could be.

The forecast continues to be below average temps through most of March. That's gotta be bad for flooding. The later the main melting starts, the worse it could be.

Unless we get a ton of rain in April, I don't think flooding will be a major concern because of how low the water levels were before it started snowing.

Unless we get a ton of rain in April, I don't think flooding will be a major concern because of how low the water levels were before it started snowing.
The TC NWS does a really cool and detailed flood outlook I linked below. I think lower levels and soil moisture being below normal is what’s probably going to prevent really bad flooding but still sounds like a good chance of higher than normal flooding.

No more snow. Enough of this crap.

It's March. Time for 40's and brown everywhere.

giphy.gif

Kinda weather-adjacent. But I never remember the roads being this bad after a winter season. The potholes are unbelievable. It's a damn minefield out there.

Well, the latest storm didn't bring a lot of snow to SW MN, but there was some freezing rain and then the winds started roaring.

as a result, all the state highways and freeways in SW MN were closed by about 5:00pm Thursday. They re-opened Friday morning. lots of spin-outs and semis jack-knifing. at one point there was a multi-vehicle accident on Highway 60 between Worthington and Windom. the Cottonwood County Sheriff's office put out a video on 60 between Windom and Mt Lake - there was about 5 to 10ft of visibility and then solid white.

rural roads must have still been shite on Friday because a lot of schools in the area were closed.

I went outside Friday to throw ice-melt on the sidewalk. my snow shovel had tipped over and was frozen to the ground. I had to pry it up.

A large, violent, and deadly tornado moved through Rolling Fork, MS last night. Current death toll is 23.

We've had quite the overachiever here in Wisconsin. Forecasted to get a few inches has resulted in almost a foot of concrete. Snow blower didn't work too well in this crap. Originally thought towards Milwaukee would get the highest totals but even then wasn't expecting over a foot. Reports in NW Illinois close to 18".

Today is the 25th anniversary of the Comfrey - St. Peter tornadoes. Something I didn't see until recently was this longer video of the F4 tornado as it passed near Hanska. Something that just floored me was this apparent vortex that appears to be a couple hundred yards wide, embedded within the larger wedge. I think we're really lucky this thing didn't hit a town at this point in its life.

1680119598734.png

you can see this starting at around the 1:35 mark on the 3rd video down on this page:

Another system tomorrow and then one more next week. My parents in western MN still have a pile of snow and it’s almost April. HS spring sports is going to be extremely short for some.

Another system tomorrow and then one more next week. My parents in western MN still have a pile of snow and it’s almost April. HS spring sports is going to be extremely short for some.
I'm in Fargo and the mounds of snow along the driveway are at least 7 ft tall...snow in the yard is to the top of my chain link fence. We aren't getting the snow the cities is today but next week we're forecasted 12-18 inches and hardly anything will melt before hand as this weekend it will only get to 38 as a high on Sunday.

No golf until June.

I'm in Fargo and the mounds of snow along the driveway are at least 7 ft tall...snow in the yard is to the top of my chain link fence. We aren't getting the snow the cities is today but next week we're forecasted 12-18 inches and hardly anything will melt before hand as this weekend it will only get to 38 as a high on Sunday.

No golf until June.
Yeah highs in the 30s and lows in the teens and 20s isn't going to melt snow super fast. The sun angle this time of year helps but we should be in the 40s and 50s by now.

Top Bottom