All Things Veritas Losing 7 Defensive Starters Thread

noamfromm

Reaction score
please confine all talk on this subject to this thread

Thank you. I heard that Veritas was the only one who knew we’d be losing 7 starters. Does anyone know if this is true? Or will have a negative effect on next year’s defense?

Ok, semi-serious question. Let's say one of the returning starters gets beaten out for a starting position - strictly performance based.

Does that mean the Gophers will have 8 different starters on Defense?

And will we need a new thread?

On the flip side, if you look at our bowl game depth chart we are actually only replacing 6 starters as opposed to 7. So many layers to this.

We shouldn't play players who would even conceive of standing up at important football games. Not gonna lie his post triggered me. I would stand up in front of him and his wife ALL game if he said to me in person what his post wrote.

Fortunately the backups have played quite a bit other than the safety that will slide into Winfields slot. Plus one talented redshirts and new blood coming in. You never know the next Winfield could be I never that group. I trust this coaching staff with what I have seen. Joe Rossi has been brilliant IMHO.

We shouldn't play players who would even conceive of standing up at important football games. Not gonna lie his post triggered me. I would stand up in front of him and his wife ALL game if he said to me in person what his post wrote.

What a wimp. Exactly what I said after the Wisconsin game: a weak, self centered bunch of inconsiderate pigs. Are you sure you are heroic enough to take on three seventy years olds? Or will you get triggered again and begin to cry?

What a wimp. Exactly what I said after the Wisconsin game: a weak, self centered bunch of inconsiderate pigs. Are you sure you are heroic enough to take on three seventy years olds? Or will you get triggered again and begin to cry?
Weak, self centered, inconsiderate, and drunk. Don't forget, they were drinking!!!

Weak, self centered, inconsiderate, and drunk. Don't forget, they were drinking!!!

And that, of course, is exactly what all the animus is about. Addicts can not stand being called "out of control" because they believe they are still in control of their bad behavior. The first requirement of addicted persons is to realise that they no longer have control over the addiction that is causing them to destroy their lives and those of innocent and wonderful older people sitting behind them.

Last edited:

And that, of course, is exactly what all the animus is about. Addicts can not stand being called "out of control" because they believe they are still in control of their bad behavior. The first requirement of an addicted persons is to realise that they no longer have control over the addiction that is causing them to destroy their lives and those of innocent and wonderful older people sitting behind them.

Then get front row seats

From personal experiences I can’t decide if drunks or insistent sitters are worse. Probably drunks. I think though, unless TCF enforces a no stand zone, some may need to migrate to accessible seating areas or get that $400 70 inch tv and enjoy it from the comfort of home. I think we can all agree people are the worst.

And that, of course, is exactly what all the animus is about. Addicts can not stand being called "out of control" because they believe they are still in control of their bad behavior. The first requirement of an addicted persons is to realise that they no longer have control over the addiction that is causing them to destroy their lives and those of innocent and wonderful older people sitting behind them.
How do you spot an addict - or is anyone who drinks, since you stopped, an addict?

From personal experiences I can’t decide if drunks or insistent sitters are worse. Probably drunks. I think though, unless TCF enforces a no stand zone, some may need to migrate to accessible seating areas or get that $400 70 inch tv and enjoy it from the comfort of home. I think we can all agree people are the worst.

I guess I did not realise that forcing people over 70 who have been Gopher season ticket holders for dozens of years to stand for every minute of a three and half hour game or stay at home was part of the new "Row the Boat" culture. "Get off the boat you darn old people!!"

How do you spot an addict - or is anyone who drinks, since you stopped, an addict?

If every occasion is a drinking occasion they are an addict. Therefore, most drinkers are addicts. Test yourself. I drank for a year or so in college but saw drinking as a waste of tons of money and quit. Just don't need it. It was never my thing at all. For the past 50 plus years I probably don't average one drink a month. But, my comment was originally that most of the standing drinkers in front of us at the Badger game were clear, heavy drinkers. (You know, the guy drinking out of three beer cans at once. Probably a drunk. Or am I being "judgemental" in his case?)

No, just pointing out unless there is institution of a policy regarding standing you have two options.

I have and am investigating that with the U. So far, I would say there is a policy and it is not what some here believe it is, ie, that they have a right to stand all they want. More, when I can get it exactly clear what they will do for the coming season. I will also post the hot line number for the "problem squad", which I now have, when I get to clarity. Thank you for your concern.

I have and am investigating that with the U. So far, I would say there is a policy and it is not what some here believe it is, ie, that they have a right to stand all they want. More, when I can get it exactly clear what they will do for the coming season. I will also post the hot line number for the "problem squad", which I now have, when I get to clarity. Thank you for your concern.
What are your thoughts on parades?

Fortunately the backups have played quite a bit other than the safety that will slide into Winfields slot. Plus one talented redshirts and new blood coming in. You never know the next Winfield could be I never that group. I trust this coaching staff with what I have seen. Joe Rossi has been brilliant IMHO.
How many Bloody Mary’s did you have this morning?

What are your thoughts on parades?

The Rose Bowl Parade requires everyone who buys a seat to sit during the parade. If you do not have a seat you may stand or sit wherever you want where there is no seating. Why do you ask?

If every occasion is a drinking occasion they are an addict. Therefore, most drinkers are addicts. Test yourself. I drank for a year or so in college but saw drinking as a waste of tons of money and quit. Just don't need it. It was never my thing at all. For the past 50 plus years I probably don't average one drink a month. But, my comment was originally that most of the standing drinkers in front of us at the Badger game were clear, heavy drinkers. (You know, the guy drinking out of three beer cans at once. Probably a drunk. Or am I being "judgemental" in his case?)
I'm SHOCKED to learn you aren't a drinker. Too many that choose not to drink judge those that do at every opportunity. I've always suspected that was the real rub you had that day. Darn Drunks!

Wow....so many things wrong with that first statement, don't really even know where to start so won't bother. But the line "most drinkers are addicts" could not be more wrong.

And yes, it is really judgemental to assume someone is an alcoholic based on their behavior at a football game.

Wow....so many things wrong with that first statement, don't really even know where to start so won't bother. But the line "most drinkers are addicts" could not be more wrong.

And yes, it is really judgemental to assume someone is an alcoholic based on their behavior at a football game.

"If every occasion is a drinking occasion they are an addict" came from Alcoholics Annoymous. Were they wrong?

Last edited:

And that, of course, is exactly what all the animus is about. Addicts can not stand being called "out of control" because they believe they are still in control of their bad behavior. The first requirement of addicted persons is to realise that they no longer have control over the addiction that is causing them to destroy their lives and those of innocent and wonderful older people sitting behind them.

Were you a drunk/addict at one point in your life?

EDIT: never mind. You already answered that.

I guess I did not realise that forcing people over 70 who have been Gopher season ticket holders for dozens of years to stand for every minute of a three and half hour game or stay at home was part of the new "Row the Boat" culture. "Get off the boat you darn old people!!"

Unfortunately there was a lot of ineptitude and malaise during those dozens of years. People stand a lot for teams that make plays and win.

Well if I want to get wasted and cheer for my favorite team whilst standing ypur just going to have to deal with it, just like we have to listen to all the old folks bitching about how they cant see.. I mean stand the fuck up

Top Bottom