All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

Got around to watching Goliath on Amazon. Legal drama, with a bunch of twists - Billy Bob Thornton is pretty damn good in it. Worth a watch IMO.
Black Mirror is top notch, a modern day Twilight Zone. Season 3 was probably the best! I liked Goliath also one of the few "Gems" for Amazon.

I crushed through the first season these past few days. Really digging it.

Just finished season 1 of The Peripheral on Amazon Prime. Little over my head at times, sci-fi has a way of doing that, but has kept my interest. Stars the little girl from the movie Kick-Ass. She is pretty tough in this one also, besides being very clever.

Big sci-fi fan....and the book that this was based on was written by William Gibson. Only read his widely regarded Neuromancer.....which has had attempts at adaptation.....but personally think would turn into a mess on screen. Too difficult to adapt, imo. Anyways....I'll probably give this a shot at some point. Might try to read the book first, though.

Finally got around to White Lotus.

First season was great, and we're blitzing through the 2nd season. Only 6 episodes first season, 7 second season.

They've already ordered a 3rd season. I'm ready for Stifler's mom's character to exit, though. (Only through 2nd episode of 2nd season, No Spoilers!!)

I crushed through the first season these past few days. Really digging it.

I now know how 'Homeland' fans felt. After a very good first season of 'Goliath'.....the second season was a complete mess. Abandoned the sharp writing of the first season and went with lazy plot twists and more cliches than you can could on your two hands.

Probably not going to watch season three and four.

Caught up on The Tulsa King. It seems ok, nothing to shout about. Also started watchng another that Taylor Sheridan (flavor of the month) has his named attached to, "1883". Acting really leaves something to be desired in this one so far, although just started on it.

Finally got around to White Lotus.

First season was great, and we're blitzing through the 2nd season. Only 6 episodes first season, 7 second season.

They've already ordered a 3rd season. I'm ready for Stifler's mom's character to exit, though. (Only through 2nd episode of 2nd season, No Spoilers!!)
Welp ..... LOL!!!

Excellent show!

Can't wait for season 3. Rumored to be based in Asia.

I’ve seen them all including the 1st season of Bosch Legacy which is a continuation of Bosch.

It’s not a show that’ll blow you away or anything but overall a really good detective show.

I'm about in the middle of Season 4 right now. You're 100% right, it may not be AMAZING but it is a really good show and I'm committed to finishing it up. Surprisingly, the wife is right there with me, but honestly I think she would watch just about anything with me, she's just looking for an escape from everything else when she finally sits down in the evening to watch an episode or two before heading to sleep.

I'd recommend it, but it's not super fast moving; just a really solid, good show.

Season 3 of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan is now on Amazon. It's good. Finally seemed to have gotten past John Krasinski being the lead character. It was difficult to do.
James Cosmo is incredible and deserves a nomination for his role as the reformed hardline KGBer; played the father of Gibson’s best friend in Braveheart

Ahhh, ok. The guy that came and took him away as a child.
???

Don’t know how far you are into it, so I don’t want to spoil the plot for you -
He’s Jacks ally to stop the impending doom and still looks like he’d kick a man’s azz half his age

Such an odd choice. Reminded me of Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher, like it's nothing against Tom Cruise but he isn't Jack Reacher.
Interesting, why? I haven't seen either movie besides bits and pieces.

And I haven't read the books. So guessing he doesn't fit the book description well?

Ahhh, ok. The guy that came and took him away as a child.
No, that was Brian Cox playing "Uncle Argyle". Very short role, barely had any screen time.

Cosmo played the father of Hamish (played by Brendan Gleeson), whose little spoken name in the film was Campbell.

Hilarious when he gets shot with an arrow earlier in the movie, and Hamish tries to pull it straight out, and he screams "AAHHHHHH!! IDIOT BOY!!" smashing him over the head. :ROFLMAO:

Cox, Gleeson, and Cosmo all played characters in the movie Troy about a decade later.

About halfway through Andor. I really, really like it so far.

Have been extra busy so despite being one of those annoying “old” Star Wars fans I’ve only made it through episode 7. It really picked up after the first several hours which I thought were pretty slow. Now starting to compete with Mandolorian. Skarsgard‘s character, and Luna, are fantastic.

Have been extra busy so despite being one of those annoying “old” Star Wars fans I’ve only made it through episode 7. It really picked up after the first several hours which I thought were pretty slow. Now starting to compete with Mandolorian. Skarsgard‘s character, and Luna, are fantastic.
I tend to give up too quickly, sometimes. We watched the first episode, then declared we could go ahead and cancel Disney+ for now until Mando comes back.

I tend to give up too quickly, sometimes. We watched the first episode, then declared we could go ahead and cancel Disney+ for now until Mando comes back.

That was my first impression as well but It has gotten far more interesting and compelling with each episode.

Just started watching Mayor of Kingstown. It's good. Very intense.

Edit: Now on episode 8. Read a description that describes the series as “bleak”. How true. The second season starts in January and not sure if I’m going to continue.

Last edited:

Interesting, why? I haven't seen either movie besides bits and pieces.

And I haven't read the books. So guessing he doesn't fit the book description well?
Correct, Jack Reacher is a massive human being. He’s tall, thick, and strong. Tom Cruise is non of those things. They were still good movies.

Watched the first 4 episodes of Poker Face on Peacock.

Natasha Lyonne once again shows that she is one of the best around.

Top Bottom