All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Hamm is such a likable personality but you have a valid point. When you craft such an iconic character like Draper, it can be hard to be accepted in other roles. Dennis Franz retired from acting after NYPD Blue because he never thought people could see past his incredible portrayal of Andy Sipowizc.

Try watching "The Town" (cop drama) and "Tag" (comedy) with Hamm as two very different characters in underrated movies.
He was so great as Don that when he tries to be funny, it falls flat for me. Fargo isn't really a comedy, so I'm sure he will be fine.

Jennifer Jason Leigh on the other hand... I haven't liked her in anything for years and years. Maybe it's the terrible plastic surgeon she chose. Maybe she is trapped in the Fast Times/Ridgemount High amber.

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
Hamm is such a likable personality but you have a valid point. When you craft such an iconic character like Draper, it can be hard to be accepted in other roles. Dennis Franz retired from acting after NYPD Blue because he never thought people could see past his incredible portrayal of Andy Sipowizc.

Try watching "The Town" (cop drama) and "Tag" (comedy) with Hamm as two very different characters in underrated movies.
Good Omens isn't for everyone, but I thought Hamm was very good in it.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
He was so great as Don that when he tries to be funny, it falls flat for me. Fargo isn't really a comedy, so I'm sure he will be fine.

Jennifer Jason Leigh on the other hand... I haven't liked her in anything for years and years. Maybe it's the terrible plastic surgeon she chose. Maybe she is trapped in the Fast Times/Ridgemount High amber.
Ever watched Last Exit to Brooklyn?

Also was in Miami Blues with Alec Baldwin - very underrated flick.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
on the Fantasy/Sci Fi front:
Season 1 of "Ahsoka" wrapped up this week on Disney+. somewhat controversially, the season ended with major cliff-hangers and unresolved plotlines. Disney is considering a 2nd season or possibly having this carry over to a movie that would include elements from other TV series including "The Mandalorian."

I thought it was OK. Not great but not terrible. but with anything 'Star Wars' related, the hard-core fans either loved it or hated it, because there is no middle ground with Star Wars.

1st episode of "Loki - Season 2" debuted on Thursday on Disney+. Lot of fun. fast-paced with a lot of time-travel shenanigans. Tom Hiddleston as Loki is (IMHO) one of the best characters in the MCU. and Ke Huy Quan is a fun addition to the show. Hiddleston, Owen Wilson and Quan make a great team with a mix of banter and techno-babble. show has a definite "Doctor Who" vibe.

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
Finished up The Continental from the World of John Wick. Maybe a 6 or so on the Rayometer. Three episodes over an hour each.

Ope3

Reaction score

Ever watched Last Exit to Brooklyn?

Also was in Miami Blues with Alec Baldwin - very underrated flick.
I thought Jennifer Jason Leigh was great in The Hateful Eight, well deserved Oscar nom.

stocker08

Reaction score
Finished rewatching 'Halt and Catch Fire' (AMC 2014-2017). Easily a top ten (non-sitcom/comedy) show of mine. First season is a bit of a grind.....but it gets better and better. Highs that match 'Mad Men', imo.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Anyone watching the Frazier reboot? Hearing it’s not very good.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
as the resident comic-book guy - the 2nd season of "Loki" wrapped up this week on Disney+.

I would say I enjoyed the series as a whole. the final episode was not what I was expecting, and it ended on a rather odd note. but overall, it was watchable. Very sci-fi in the approach, with a lot of time-travel stuff, time paradoxes, etc.

Tom Hiddleston is great as Loki. one of my favorite characters and performers in the MCU. and Ke Huy Quan was a lot of fun in a supporting role.

-------

BTW - if you haven't heard, new episodes of "Doctor Who" will be shown on Disney+ in the US starting this fall. There will be three special episodes starting Nov 25. there will be a Christmas Day special episode, and then the next full season with a new Doctor begins in January.

If you know nothing about Doctor Who, going in cold will be confusing. but there is plenty of information available online if you are interested and want to do a little research.

Top Bottom