All Things Transfer Portal News

This one is interesting because Brennan Armstrong was once committed to the Gophers and Fleck. There's a relationship there. He's been a prolific passer and while I'm excited about Athan going forward it makes sense to consider all options to improve the team.

It does look like he regressed big time this year and I'm not sure why.

He regressed after his head coach last year departed due to burnout. He was running a spread/run & shoot offense and racked up big stats. The new coach ran a completely different pro-style offense that he probably wasn't able to adjust.
UVA also went through the recent team shooting tragedy. I can imagine the raw emotions of that are going to have a big impact on that program.

I doubt he would consider coming back to PJ. better guess is someplace closer to home in Ohio.

Drew Pyne from Notre Dame is transferring. I’m sure a couple Big 10 teams will be calling…

Odd that 247 has not yet added the guys from here who have declared for the portal to their poral listing for 2023.

They have Markus Allen listed as coming here but don't show any of the guys who have said they are leaving.
Allen officially was allowed to enter because of a coaching change. The portal doesnt "open" until December 5th. Everyone will be listed then I assume.

We still need ...

1 fill in stud OL that can play day 1
1 fill in stud MLB that can play day 1

Anything more than that and it's all good.

We may need a stud safety but who knows.
Yeah getting a Damien Wilson, Jack StGibbins, or DeVondre Campbell type of portal player would be great

What does that mean exactly? How did McNamara transfer to Iowa then?
If a coach is fired, leaves for a bew job, etc. the players on that team get like 30 days to openly transfer. After that you have to "wait" per NCAA "rules". As we've seen, that's stopping no one. Officially, the portal "opens" Monday and thats when everything becomes "official". It's screwy because the NCAA sucks.

Definitely appears to be a focus on bringing in at least one LB via the portal. Aune and Willis have experience, but not sure they have the skill set to be every down types. That leaves just Lindenberg and Oliver with much experience, and both have been dinged up in the past.

Can’t Lindbergh slid over MLB and someone on the current roster takes his spot?
Of course he can. Cody will be better than Jack or Barber, two very good ones, because he is quicker and more athletic. We can still use another LB if a starting caliber guy is in the portal.

We could but man did we get torched on crossing routes, play action routes to the TE across the middle, and simple cut back zone runs.

I like Lindbergh at SLB or WLB. I just , and it's just an opinion, think we need a stud experienced MLB to come in and plug the problem.
The problem was not the player. It was the defensive scheme, not recognizing Iowa's decades-long tendencies.

He regressed after his head coach last year departed due to burnout. He was running a spread/run & shoot offense and racked up big stats. The new coach ran a completely different pro-style offense that he probably wasn't able to adjust.
UVA also went through the recent team shooting tragedy. I can imagine the raw emotions of that are going to have a big impact on that program.

I doubt he would consider coming back to PJ. better guess is someplace closer to home in Ohio.
Gophers pulled the offer after off field incident

Sori-Marin's foot speed is not an unknown to Gopher defensive staff. If you are going to play him against Iowa you have to design a scheme that doesn't leave him alone chasing a tight end running a semi-deep route.
Most linebackers aren’t keeping up with LaPorta, and our safeties blew coverage on the tight ends as well.

touche. can't raise one when it's already at full mast.
Are you in that boat that thinks we’ll never beat Iowa again because we’ve lost six in a row? That has no bearing on next year.

I’d take him in a heartbeat, runs a lot like Mo. Maybe a little faster and a little less power, but no slouch there.
Ummm, I'm not sure you know how player comparison's work. He runs like Mike Alstott, Rex Burkhead or Peyton Hillis - - those are the only apt comparisons.

No, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I would probably prefer someone who only has 1 year left just so it doesn't ruffle the feathers of the young guns in the RB room, but he's so good, I'd ignore that preference.

Steele also catches the ball really well and could envision wrinkles where he would line up in the slot.

Ummm, I'm not sure you know how player comparison's work. He runs like Mike Alstott, Rex Burkhead or Peyton Hillis - - those are the only apt comparisons.

No, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I would probably prefer someone who only has 1 year left just so it doesn't ruffle the feathers of the young guns in the RB room, but he's so good, I'd ignore that preference.

Steele also catches the ball really well and could envision wrinkles where he would line up in the slot.
He kinda looks like Pat Tillman with the hair.

Top Bottom