All Things "Super 70s Sports" Twitter Thread

Looks clean to me by the Gopher legend!

Go Gophers!!

Not Super 70s, but a similar vein (gotta study up on embedding tweets-it’s from NFL Tweets, with the comment: Headline of the year)
1CBE5D2B-A563-4F95-A81E-12E6BBE78FB2.jpeg

Go Gophers!!
I once saw Conrad Dobler interviewed & will never forget it. The interviewer said something to the effect of:

"You were known for being the dirtiest player in the NFL. What was your dirtiest trick?" Dobler said "If I'd tried everything else, and nothing was working. I'd get the other guy's attention and when he was watching, I'd stick my finger up my butt. I'd pull my finger out of my butt, and when the ball was snapped I'd face mask the guy & rub my finger all over his face and mouth."

Anyone who tells you the NFL is better today than the 1970's deserves a stink finger to the face and mouth.

Go Gophers!!
This reminds me of back in the early 1990's when I was working offshore booking sports, one of my jobs was to get score updates for the bosses.

The guys I worked for were from Pittsburgh, so they had me call a handicapper from their area. Every time I'd have to sit through 3-4 minutes of this handicapper's hype bullsh*t before he finally got to the score updates. Because he was from Pittsburgh it was all a pirate theme....

"AHOOOOOY Matey, Mike 'the Pirate' Smith is LOADING his galleon FULL OF BOOTY and YOU CAN GET ON BOOOOOOAAARD!!! Make your man WALK THE PLANK this NFL season!!! Start now with his introductory 5,000 star Sunday night LOCK of the year!!!"

I would call that # every 30 minutes, for 12-16 hours a day on football weekends. Hey, they let us drink beer while we worked, so by sundown I didn't even care.

Top Bottom