All Things Stand Up Comedy

I'd never been to see stand-up until about 18 mos ago, and absolutely love it. In that time my girlfriend and I have seen:

-Samuel Comroe at Laugh Camp in St Paul. He was so good, we went to see him again in Des Moines. Highly recommend.

- We built a weekend vacation to Phoenix last February to see Ryan Long. The funniest comedian I've ever seen, hands down. He's at Rick Bronson's in the MOA in January. GO SEE HIM!!!

- We saw Jim Jeffries, and he was very funny. Going to see him again.

- We caught Nate Bargatze at the State Fair, he was really good.

- John Crist at the Palace Theater was really good. Didn't realize he was a "Christian comedian" until I got there, but he was great.

- We went to Andrew 'Dice' Clay at the MOA. It was better than sitting at home, but not by much.

- Had tickets to Brian Posehn at the Parkway, but I watched a Youtube video of him on stage ranting about how badly he hates Trump & anyone who votes for Trump. I cancelled my tickets. Politicis can be funny, and politicians are fair game, but what I saw bore no resemblance to comedy.

- Jay Mohr at the MOA. Only funny thing he said was as he took the stage and we all thought "Holy crap, he's really fat & looks horrible", he opened with "I know what I look like". We should have left after that.

- Dane Cook at Treasure Island, he was good, but not great.

- We went to Green Bay this summer for Shane Gillis, it was a let down. He was working on new stuff, and it wasn't on par with his Netflix specials.

- My girlfriend LOVES Jeff Dunham, so we've seen him at the Wisconsin State Fair & in Las Vegas. He's not my cup of tea, but clearly a LOT of people really like his stuff.

- Matt Rife = Pass.

- Jo Koy in Milwaukee was pretty funny.

- Chris D'elia at the State Theater was the worst comedian we've seen. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

- Zoltan, Josh Blue, and a bunch of others that were all just Ok.

Great list CRG! Our situation is similar, got into standup about 2 years ago and have gone all in. We go to at least one stand up a month, sometimes more, both the big national acts and the smaller clubs. We’ve seen many on your list as well, including Jay Mohr who was horrible.

Go Stand-up!!

Great list CRG! Our situation is similar, got into standup about 2 years ago and have gone all in. We go to at least one stand up a month, sometimes more, both the big national acts and the smaller clubs. We’ve seen many on your list as well, including Jay Mohr who was horrible.

Go Stand-up!!
I have tickets for Grace Kuhlenschmidt and Mike Birbiglia later this month. Those are a couple of serious last names!

Before the Nextdoor app was the world run amok with missing pets?

Top Bottom