All Things Signs there is still hope...

GophersInIowa

Reaction score

I don't have a specific example, but this song always seems to put things in perspective for me.

Countless celebs and athletes who spend time with sick kids in the hospitals.

Man, this thread is already bumming me out.

If you guys haven't seen the outside the lines special on the blind wrestler and the wrestler with no legs, it's a must see. They recently updated the story and they are both succeeding despite growing up in a poverty stricken neighborhood. Producer at ESPN went over all their documents and basically got their paperwork in so they could go to college.

You know it's great to read these stories, but my favorites are the little things. When walking my dog, I often stop to chat with a 84 year old woman because she's lonely. My pastor often invites local kids to the park where they play games and sports. My community holds a drive to donate clothes and food to the needy in our community.

If you guys haven't seen the outside the lines special on the blind wrestler and the wrestler with no legs, it's a must see. They recently updated the story and they are both succeeding despite growing up in a poverty stricken neighborhood. Producer at ESPN went over all their documents and basically got their paperwork in so they could go to college.

You know it's great to read these stories, but my favorites are the little things. When walking my dog, I often stop to chat with a 84 year old woman because she's lonely. My pastor often invites local kids to the park where they play games and sports. My community holds a drive to donate clothes and food to the needy in our community.

Great to see good people doing good things. :)

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trendin...ether-11-old-brain-cancer-172940564.html?vp=1

In short, an 11 year old boy with cancer asks dad for a motorcycle ride for his birthday. Dad goes to local biker club and asks if they can help. 75 bikers show up, with their bikes of course, bearing gifts and donations. He then got to ride in a side car with one of the bikers.

Best part is the bikers gave him a leather vest that was signed by the club.

Everyone speaking out against Miley basically acting like a stripper on TV gives me hope in the decency of American citizens.

Everyone speaking out against Miley basically acting like a stripper on TV gives me hope in the decency of American citizens.

She should just go away. What will actually happen is E! will pay her a truckload of money to star in a reality show with Amanda Bynes and Justin Beaver.

UH nurses help a dying dad to his daughter's wedding walk down the aisle

Scott Nagy thought a dad's promise ought to be kept. He kept his.

The cancer invading his body doesn't give him much time. A volunteer team of medical professionals gave him enough on Saturday to keep a vow to his daughter on her wedding day.

He made the crosstown trip by ambulance, from an intensive-care bed at University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center to First Evangelical Lutheran Church in Strongsville. Monitor cords ran from under his charcoal tuxedo, and a tracheal tube loosened his tie.

His wife, Jean, fastened a boutonniere to his lapel at the church and gave him a kiss. Bride Sarah Nagy met him in the vestibule, burst into tears and told him she loved him.

"We did it," Nagy said with a reassuring smile, telling his daughter he was just a small part of her day and warning she'd streak her makeup.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...d_to.html#incart_river_default#incart_m-rpt-2

Go Gophers!!

WTOL: An early Christmas, a boy with cancer, and the town who loves him

Devin Kohlman is a special kid.
And the entire city of Port Clinton knows it. They're going all out for him - creating a Christmas-Halloween holiday extravaganza in his honor.

Because there's a chance he won't be here when the real thing rolls around.

Devin's a fighter. He's been battling an aggressive form of brain cancer for over a year. His family just learned the chemotherapy isn't working. Doctors say he doesn't have months.

He has weeks.

"We want Devin to have the best Christmas that he's ever had," said Alexis Kohlman, Devin's mother. "And we want to make sure that he has Christmas."

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/...cer-and-the-town-who-loves-him?app&hpt=us_bn9

Go Devin!!

WTOL: An early Christmas, a boy with cancer, and the town who loves him

Devin Kohlman is a special kid.
And the entire city of Port Clinton knows it. They're going all out for him - creating a Christmas-Halloween holiday extravaganza in his honor.

Because there's a chance he won't be here when the real thing rolls around.

Devin's a fighter. He's been battling an aggressive form of brain cancer for over a year. His family just learned the chemotherapy isn't working. Doctors say he doesn't have months.

He has weeks.

"We want Devin to have the best Christmas that he's ever had," said Alexis Kohlman, Devin's mother. "And we want to make sure that he has Christmas."

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/...cer-and-the-town-who-loves-him?app&hpt=us_bn9

Go Devin!!

That's pretty awesome.

I saw a family in Target the other day with five full carts of toys. (Not this past weekend with the 10% off deal) Their bill came to nearly $4000. They said they were heading straight to the Toys for Tots drop. I asked if they were part of an organization or just their family. Mom said it was just their family. Thought that was pretty awesome.

I saw a family in Target the other day with five full carts of toys. (Not this past weekend with the 10% off deal) Their bill came to nearly $4000. They said they were heading straight to the Toys for Tots drop. I asked if they were part of an organization or just their family. Mom said it was just their family. Thought that was pretty awesome.

Very cool!

logTV.jpg

This guy:

A pro surfer rescued a woman after she fell off a cliff

An injured woman was nearly swept into the ocean after falling 30 feet from a cliff, before a former professional surfer rescued the woman, the second rescue the man's performed in the same stretch of ocean.

Longtime Santa Cruz, Calif. resident Vince Collier was getting his fishing gear ready on tide pools when he heard a cry that sounded like a baby otter.

The cry came and went for a few minutes until Collier, a former professional surfer who grew up in a nearby house, realized the sound was an injured woman stuck on a rock ledge about 100 feet from his fishing spot.

“I put my pole down because it sounds like someone is screaming for help,” Collier, 53, said on Sunday as he described his role in helping the Los Gatos woman. “She was in and out of consciousness,” he said.

http://www.twincities.com/breakingnews/ci_24901969/pro-surfer-rescued-woman-after-she-fell-off

Go Vince Collier!!

Excellent thread, hadn't noticed til now. All these stories have one great thing in common, and that one thing is the entire reason they are notable.

Top Bottom