All things Players Coming and Going.

Recent notable portal entries. I don't expect the Gophers to go after any of them.
Charlie Leddy - D - BC - 2 years left
Colby Ambrosio - F - BC - 1 year left
Jeremy Wilmer - F - BU - 2 years left
Ty Gallagher - D - BU - 1 year left
Aiden Hansen-Bukata - D - RIT - 1 year left

Still waiting on confirmation of Whitelaw to UM, after they picked up Lovell and Stein.
anyone know why Wilmer leaving? Would assume it's just because he wants a bigger role somewhere? and yeah i completely agree there's not really "room" at this point for the Gophers to look at any of these guys unless someone else is on the way out, which you'd expect Bob to know by now.

anyone know why Wilmer leaving? Would assume it's just because he wants a bigger role somewhere? and yeah i completely agree there's not really "room" at this point for the Gophers to look at any of these guys unless someone else is on the way out, which you'd expect Bob to know by now.
Getting scratched in the Frozen Four probably didn't help

Getting scratched in the Frozen Four probably didn't help
no i had seen that; just was wondering if there was some smoke/fire behind the why. he only missed one other game all year and they scratched him for a guy with 2g and 1a all year in 23 games. just interesting for a guy who was #5 on their team in +/- and played on their PP

If you want to give Denver the benefit of the doubt, sure, they’ve earned it. But UND has one tournament win in the last 7 years. So to give them a bump simply because they play in Denver’s conference is just dumb. But again you have shown that you aren’t any more objective than even the biggest gopher homers.

Big ten has had 5 frozen four teams in the last 3 years, NCHC has had two. So when calculating the odds of making the frozen four, your logic makes zero sense as usual.
I'm with you on this one. The NCHC hasn't been very dominate the last few years. Only Denver has.

Recent notable portal entries. I don't expect the Gophers to go after any of them.
Charlie Leddy - D - BC - 2 years left
Colby Ambrosio - F - BC - 1 year left
Jeremy Wilmer - F - BU - 2 years left
Ty Gallagher - D - BU - 1 year left
Aiden Hansen-Bukata - D - RIT - 1 year left

Still waiting on confirmation of Whitelaw to UM, after they picked up Lovell and Stein.
Leddy to Qpac

Broz signed. If Buium goes (wouldn't be surprising with a title and older brother gone), DU probably drops to that UMN/UND/MSU tier for next season.

BC
gap
BU
gap
UM
tiny, maybe non-existent gap
DU/UMN/UND/MSU

Broz signed. If Buium goes (wouldn't be surprising with a title and older brother gone), DU probably drops to that UMN/UND/MSU tier for next season.

BC
gap
BU
gap
UM
tiny, maybe non-existent gap
DU/UMN/UND/MSU
I wouldn’t put UM above the rest. Even with all the talent last year they were bipolar. Choice from Casey will be huge and their goaltending will be just as big a question as ours.
And I’d be pretty surprised if the younger Buium is back and will be curious to see what happens with Michigan states guys. Haven’t seen much out there

I wouldn’t put UM above the rest. Even with all the talent last year they were bipolar. Choice from Casey will be huge and their goaltending will be just as big a question as ours.
And I’d be pretty surprised if the younger Buium is back and will be curious to see what happens with Michigan states guys. Haven’t seen much out there
Yup, that's why I said that line is tiny and still to be determined. And if Celebrini goes, it becomes BC then a huge gap and then the rest. Ideally, they have a bad game and someone knocks them out and the Gophers are in a different regional.

Yup, that's why I said that line is tiny and still to be determined. And if Celebrini goes, it becomes BC then a huge gap and then the rest. Ideally, they have a bad game and someone knocks them out and the Gophers are in a different regional.
Whatever it takes. Let’s roll Gophs bc for the natty and call it good

Did I miss an official announcement on either Souliere or Wood? I don't recall seeing one. At least not on X. I suppose it could have been announced somewhere else.

Did I miss an official announcement on either Souliere or Wood? I don't recall seeing one. At least not on X. I suppose it could have been announced somewhere else.
It's official they just wait until they're all enrolled and all that stuff.

Learned something very interesting about ELCs yesterday.

Those that will remain 19 years old in contract signing year can not burn a year of their ELC by playing only one game in the NHL.

So Logan Cooley would not have been able to burn a year in 23-24 if he played one game. If so he may have left right away.

Owen Power and Matt Beniers were able to leave and burn a year because they have late in the year birthdays.

What's my point specifically? Mack Celebrini can not burn a year by playing one NHL game at the end of 24-25. This increases the odds he leaves after being drafted.

Zeev Buium can burn a year with one game. Look for him to maybe go back to DU. Same for Levshunov.

U18s are on NHL Network. College hockey is fucked next year. Hagens and Stiga are both sick.

And a hat trick for Eiserman. Of course.

Last edited:

Two more solid players into the portal. Don't expect the Gophers to go after either but expect them to land on good teams.
41 point grad student - tied for most points in portal
19 point NCHC freshman

U18s are on NHL Network. College hockey is fucked next year. Hagens and Stiga are both sick.

And a hat trick for Eiserman. Of course.
Stiga with a hat trick already today with Hagens all three primaries.

Eiserman set to break Caufield's record.

The Boston dominance in recruiting is painful.

EDIT: Now Hagens has 3+3 and 7-9-16 in four games. BC will be the most heavy title favorite in college hockey history.

Last edited:

Top Bottom