All Things Pharrel Payne Recruiting Thread (Class of 2022; Gophers Have Offered)

Lots of good things about Payne at this link.

Are you ok?
Much better now, thanks to your reassurance and firm re-committment to your decree that he will be a Gopher, here.

If it had been a titty soft, weak ass deflection post, then I would think you were just pissing in the wind.

This is the same guy who thinks PJ should be sharing all injury information
Never said any such thing.

I have said that the Big Ten should mandate open injury information, for all coaches. But I guess you aren't intelligent enough to understand the difference.

Never said any such thing.

I have said that the Big Ten should mandate open injury information, for all coaches. But I guess you aren't intelligent enough to understand the difference.
Transitive Property.
That's all I'll say as this is a Pharrel Payne thread.

If he decides to go somewhere else is it because we cooled or because we are waiting for someone with more talent.

I don’t know much about Payne but the other 9 guys are gonna struggle to get MIAC interest based on the clips.
Be nice to see him versus better competition but he is intriguing for sure.

Payne proved himself against the best competition in the country this summer.
I know it's unpopular to question things on here....but IF he "proved himself against the best competition in the country" he would have other significant offers? Or is that not a logical question to ask?
Payne proved himself against the best competition in the country this summer.

I know it's unpopular to question things on here....but IF he "proved himself against the best competition in the country" he would have other significant offers? Or is that not a logical question to ask?
Oh man if only 60's Guy had been questioning things the last 4 months.

Of course it is a question worth asking. People evaluate differently, look for different things, look for fit, project upside, take chances where others do not have to. Some fans will go way overboard no matter who the recruit is but especially local. There are 10 locals with a chance to make it. Maybe two will be a power 6 all conference player with a conference title. Most will not be a important part of a great team. We signed one who i like more than several of the 10. We will get another.

Fair question. This recruiting cycle is messy. Many upcoming seniors didn’t get evaluated much due to covid. AAU and Winter schedules were erratic and not consistent. Payne also doesn’t play for a shoe team and was only at a couple tournaments that were scouted by a ton of D1 schools. Lastly, many teams do not have the scholarships available like we do due to everyone getting an extra year.

Fair question. This recruiting cycle is messy. Many upcoming seniors didn’t get evaluated much due to covid. AAU and Winter schedules were erratic and not consistent. Payne also doesn’t play for a shoe team and was only at a couple tournaments that were scouted by a ton of D1 schools. Lastly, many teams do not have the scholarships available like we do due to everyone getting an extra year.
Payne has been seen by everyone who wanted to see him.Advance guys often do a eval and a recommend for staff to see him or simple, he is not for us.

Payne has been seen by everyone who wanted to see him.Advance guys often do a eval and a recommend for staff to see him or simple, he is not for us.
Not for gophers? He’s been our biggest priority and a pretty strong lean which I think may hurt him too as some teams aren’t wasting their time. No one really saw him as a Junior. Not many in the market for a big or they already have there’s that they’ve built previous relationships with. I’d really question all these guys evals then because he’s been really good this summer.

Not for gophers? He’s been our biggest priority and a pretty strong lean which I think may hurt him too as some teams aren’t wasting their time. No one really saw him as a Junior. Not many in the market for a big or they already have there’s that they’ve built previous relationships with. I’d really question all these guys evals then because he’s been really good this summer.
I don't think that's what built was saying.

Never said not for Gophers. Clearly they love him. Many other coaches have better choices and do not have the same needs.

Don’t see many other offers. Wants to visit here.
Hey, I want him here. Hope he does.

But it seems a little circular to me to argue something like "other big schools are probably not going to offer him because they know he's a strong MN lean ... because other big schools haven't offered him ... "

Hey, I want him here. Hope he does.

But it seems a little circular to me to argue something like "other big schools are probably not going to offer him because they know he's a strong MN lean ... because other big schools haven't offered him ... "
Agreed. That’s why I listed the other points. The others aren’t wasting their time cause he’s a MN lean would be last on the reasons I listed to why he’s not being recruited more.

Top Bottom