All Things P.J. Fleck Rumor Mill Thread - Listed as Candidate for Other Jobs

Fleck mentioned as potential candidate for USC:

Go Gophers!!

Usual fantasy draft list of coaches to pump clicks. Will most likely resolve as them keeping the interim coach 10 games from now or bringing in someone much less sexy like a good coordinator or someone doing well in the Mtn West or WAC

Just think how much money PJ can make marketing his brand in Hollywood market. That and could do all his recruiting from a car. I’m sure PJ and Heather would love living on the beach or Beverly Hills

Just think how much money PJ can make marketing his brand in Hollywood market. That and could do all his recruiting from a car. I’m sure PJ and Heather would love living on the beach or Beverly Hills
I don't know how great of a market LA truly is for college football.

Any team that’s winning is going to be fashionable in LA, people out there went indoors to watch hockey for goodness sake when the Kings were good a few years back. If he got an interview, I think their administration would really like him (considering what they’re prioritizing) but don’t think he’s got the coaching chops to take advantage of everything SC has to offer.

Maybe PJ will get everyone in Los Angeles to row their boat around the area's many lakes

Los Angeles like a winner. When Pete Carroll was winning they, they were the biggest thing in town next to the Lakers. He had celebrities wanting to be around that program all the time, guys like Will Ferrell, Snoop Dogg, etc..

They would double his salary so it would be an awfully tough job to turn down. Don't think he'll be the top candidate though.

Usual fantasy draft list of coaches to pump clicks. Will most likely resolve as them keeping the interim coach 10 games from now or bringing in someone much less sexy like a good coordinator or someone doing well in the Mtn West or WAC
How is he pumping clicks when he didn’t post a link??

One thing about Fleck that people don't realize is I believe deep down, he has found this job tougher than expected. He's in year 5, and I think deep down, he thought we'd be further along. There is a good chance after this year that he has one win against Iowa and Wisconsin. We lose a good share of the o-line, and the defense continues to blow. I'd love to know what Fleck is thinking inside.

How is he pumping clicks when he didn’t post a link??

Twitter followers I suppose. Or people embed his tweet on boards like this one, then they click through to his twitter and that's when their claws are into you!

One thing about Fleck that people don't realize is I believe deep down, he has found this job tougher than expected. He's in year 5, and I think deep down, he thought we'd be further along. There is a good chance after this year that he has one win against Iowa and Wisconsin. We lose a good share of the o-line, and the defense continues to blow. I'd love to know what Fleck is thinking inside.
Pretty sure you just told us.....looks like he has given up because it is just too much work. I mean I'm sure he walked in here thinking it would be easy...I mean look at the massive levels of success we have had since the 60s. This team was custom made for a quick turnaround with little to no effort of any kind.

Fleck mentioned as potential candidate for USC:

Go Gophers!!
Pete probably had that tweet written up last year ready for the first coach to be fired this year. Same names get tossed around everytime a job comes open.

Pretty sure you just told us.....looks like he has given up because it is just too much work. I mean I'm sure he walked in here thinking it would be easy...I mean look at the massive levels of success we have had since the 60s. This team was custom made for a quick turnaround with little to no effort of any kind.
Not to mention the historically fertile recruiting grounds of Andover, Milaca, Kasson-Mantorville and East Grand Forks

It's one of the traditional helmet schools I have said would probably be a fit for him. Great academically as well.

It's one of the traditional helmet schools I have said would probably be a fit for him. Great academically as well.
I agree. I think he would do well there too. Hopefully he isn't at the top of their list.

I agree. I think he would do well there too. Hopefully he isn't at the top of their list.
Fleck has said being the only D1 team in state is important to him, USC wouldn't fit that bill. Going to guess they will go after bigger fish than Fleck would be right now.

Fleck has said being the only D1 team in state is important to him, USC wouldn't fit that bill. Going to guess they will go after bigger fish than Fleck would be right now.
Best job in the world is LSU. Great talent with no competition for fans or booster dollars.

We will learn a lot about Fleck this year. If he stays, I think he is hear for a while. He could lose a majority of his offense and have a returning defense that would still be considered average at best. Good chance next year is a barely make a bowl game year. If he wants to jump ship, this will be his year. if he wants to stay, then I think he will be here for a few more years and potentially be a MN lifer.

I'd be stunned if he even glanced USC's way. That's a crap job right now. Hasn't been any success since Carrol left and we know he had some because he was cheating. I don't smell any smoke here. It will be interesting to see how long USC waits to interview coaches. I assume they'd prefer to do it in the off season, which does pretty much hose an entire year of recruiting.

Not that I want fleck to go and god forgive me for encouraging more speculation but Texas would be a more likely location if our guy decides to move on. Again I want fleck to stay . and I think this year's team can be very good which will only encourage speculation

Top Bottom