All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

goldengopherqb5: the verdict was all gold but it dont matter @GopherFBEquip

Go Gophers!!

Interesting that gold jerseys/gold pants would be in the mix considering that combination was deliberately left out when players modeled eight of the possible nine new uniform pairings many months ago. Personally I'm pulling for gold jerseys/maroon pants. They'd look really sharp in contrast to Michigan State's white and green.

Interesting that gold jerseys/gold pants would be in the mix considering that combination was deliberately left out when players modeled eight of the possible nine new uniform pairings many months ago. Personally I'm pulling for gold jerseys/maroon pants. They'd look really sharp in contrast to Michigan State's white and green.
I don't mind the gold jerseys, but I don't really like that they all say "MINNESOTA" on the back. Maybe instead of "MINNESOTA", they should all say "BARKER".

Correct, the all golds were not part of the uni combos shown. Last year for the Illini game it was white pants, gold jerseys. I would be willing to bet it will be gold jerseys for certain on Saturday. Pants? we shall see.

The seniors should decide what they wear, and if they decide they wanna wear all gold, then they should wear all gold.

I also don't mind the "MINNESOTA" on them, unless guys flip numbers like Gillum did that game lol, now I'll admit that was very confusing.

What if all gold translates to going all in and breaking out a matte gold helmet? Not gonna happen, and a stupid move, but that would be an unexpected twist.

I also find that in person, you can't even tell that the back of the gold jersey's say Minnesota. It just looks like everyone has the same length of last name from a distance. Plus thus far, the Uni-Watch guys have loved every combo of uni we have played in this season. Their comments are consistently that we looked "all kinds of awesome" fpr each game they commented on.

The seniors should decide what they wear, and if they decide they wanna wear all gold, then they should wear all gold.

I also don't mind the "MINNESOTA" on them, unless guys flip numbers like Gillum did that game lol, now I'll admit that was very confusing.

And every punter wearing #38 confused poor Jamie. He had the wrong holder for all 4 xps at the WMU game.

The gopher equipment twitter handle just tweeted at some guy with the moniker @sports_realist that the uni's for the senior game would be Maroon Pants and Gold Jerseys.

@GopherFBEquip-Change in plans. No longer going gold on maroon. Seniors had a different request. Will share the new combo on Sat.

I know I'm in the minority, but I want to see with Gold or Maroon jerseys with white pants

I think they're waiting to put an 82 on the jerseys for AJ and his MBF.

throwback.jpg
I've mentioned this a number of times, but the throwbacks we wore against NDSU in 2006 would be a sweet alternate to have for, say, every senior day...

If somehow it's gold on gold, please punch me in the neck.

View attachment 1843
I've mentioned this a number of times, but the throwbacks we wore against NDSU in 2006 would be a sweet alternate to have for, say, every senior day...

If somehow it's gold on gold, please punch me in the neck.

I kinda like those. Use the current maroon and white combo plus this BA helmet and you have a winner.

Ax7NOr9CAAA46uj.jpg:large

maroon_white_400h.jpg

I kinda of like those. Use the current maroon and white combo plus this BA helmet and you have a winner.

Ax7NOr9CAAA46uj.jpg:large

maroon_white_400h.jpg

i really like and want to see the combo you have here. closest thing i have seen to the 1950's/1960's era uniform.

PUKE!

No class.

Looks like french fries dipped in ketchup.

I remember that joke when Brewster first tried it against osu. Now our helmets are much darker and uniforms more gold than then. If anything, it would be french fries dipped in BBQ sauce now.

Hmmm.... I don't know how to feel about this one. Maybe if we had gold helmets with a maroon block M a gold/gold combo could work. I don't see it otherwise.

They actually look a lot better in person than I was expecting. Still one of my least favorite combos but they still look pretty nice.

Although we look stupid out there... win, and it's forgiven.

Still... somebody please punch me in the neck.

Top Bottom