All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

Oh for the love of everything that is holy, they have an M on the crest. Why the Mason era ones neglected to feature that is beyond me. Made them look cheap and had nothing that indicated it was a Minnesota jersey.

From Twitter:

Gopher Equipment ‏@GopherFBEquip
Alternate white that Andy and I came up with. Contemporary throwback 1960's style. pic.twitter.com/Cl6kX3WR

Ax7NOr9CAAA46uj.jpg:large

Gopher Equipment ‏@GopherFBEquip
This does not mean we are going with an extra helmet. Just something we were messing around with.

Niiiice. Love the nod to history with the stripe down the middle. Wish we'd see them in a game.

White helmets remind me of Penn State.

No thanks.

Agreed. Because of what Penn St did, no football program should be allowed to have white helmets. Or blue jerseys. Or assistant coaches. Or shower facilities. Or be allowed to play football.

I think the history and tradition of the Gophers football team is more important than some minor cosmetic detail of Penn State's uniform.

Agreed. Because of what Penn St did, no football program should be allowed to have white helmets. Or blue jerseys. Or assistant coaches. Or shower facilities. Or be allowed to play football.

I think the history and tradition of the Gophers football team is more important than some minor cosmetic detail of Penn State's uniform.

Because they're ugly.

Niiiice. Love the nod to history with the stripe down the middle. Wish we'd see them in a game.

Could not agree more Gopher07. That white helmet is great...would love to see it opening night in Vegas.

That's a sweet helmet....An alternate like that would be nice. It has a nice combination of old school with the white and the stripe and new school/branding with the M. Would be nice at home with the maroon jerseys and white pants and well as the road whites.

Golden Gopher Gridiron:
The equipment room is sorting the white uniforms. The season is almost here!

zzzzzzzzz.jpg

ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 18 12.56.jpg

Looks like we will be rockin the all black cleats this year...I liked the maroon/white combo of years past but this will look good with the black on the facemask

Black cleats are bad a$$, This was one of my big hopes for the new uniforms.

Traded some communication with the gopher FB equipment guys. @GopherFBEquip...but no plans to unveil a Gold helmet to go with the Gold shirt and pants.

I'll keep pushing for it. :)

The patch for GT51 is simple and visible (similar to #71 back under Mason). I like it.

GM

P.S. this stinks...but I can't remember the name of the young DL that suffered that terrible tragedy. #71

Traded some communication with the gopher FB equipment guys. @GopherFBEquip...but no plans to unveil a Gold helmet to go with the Gold shirt and pants.

I'll keep pushing for it. :)

The patch for GT51 is simple and visible (similar to #71 back under Mason). I like it.

GM

P.S. this stinks...but can remember the name of the young DL that suffered that terrible tragedy. #71

***Brandon Hall*** R.I.P.

Gotta love those new Jerseys and Helmets!! - Looks like a lot of the intro is shot in the locker room. Like the dark room with dark jerseys and the lighting - Hope they come up with something cool for the intro that gets everybody going!

Gotta love those new Jerseys and Helmets!! - Looks like a lot of the intro is shot in the locker room. Like the dark room with dark jerseys and the lighting - Hope they come up with something cool for the intro that gets everybody going!

I'm with you Parski these Uniforms are the total package. They just look so Bad A**, they look mean, they look clean, we look dressed to impress now hopefully we can perform and attract recruits!

Lots of guys tweetering pics of their new unis today, must be fitting them for the team.

AzKH0CRCAAAd3t8.jpg:large

AzKH_AOCYAE4mnA.jpg:large

AzJ-LcfCAAAF6ez.jpg:large

Top Bottom