All Things NCAA Transfers and NBA declaration

Harrell is returning for his junior year at Louisville. Damn. I would love to see him at the barn just because he's such a fun player, but I'm not looking forward to him posterizing our entire front court in November.

We better! Is it a guy from De that bombed out his last semester and didn't qualify for Stanford?;)

I wish! Haha. I'm still wondering who this 7-0 JUCO guy we are going after is though.

Whoa! Now there's a twist. There is still serious interest between said "potential commit" and Gophers, but I'm going to back down from the "it's definitely going to happen" proposition. We'll see where this is headed as the week goes on.

Whoa! Now there's a twist. There is still serious interest between said "potential commit" and Gophers, but I'm going to back down from the "it's definitely going to happen" proposition. We'll see where this is headed as the week goes on.

There go the sugar plums dancing in my head tonight. Thanks for nothing, GameDay. :p

What? I hate everyone! Come on..is this the 12 men on the field call!?

You jackass. Good thing I learned from the GuyFawkes Reid Travis incident to temper my enthusiasm about things like this. I saw it coming this time.

Justin Martin Right? He can't talk to teams until he finishes his coursework.

Martin would be a wonderful pick up. Id at least stumble into the street with my beer and watch Bad Gopher riot. Not quite enough for me to light a squad car on fire.

Martin would be a wonderful pick up. Id at least stumble into the street with my beer and watch Bad Gopher riot. Not quite enough for me to light a squad car on fire.

Okay, who is Justin Martin? Have not read anything about him.

He was one of the top scorers for Xavier this year and is transferring for his final year

Xavier last day of spring semester May 9, grades due shortly thereafter.

Problem is, lots of time between now and then for other teams to throw their name in the hat (through third party contacts, of course). That might already be the "twist."

6'6 wing from Xavier who averaged 12 & 5 last year and is supposed to graduate and be eligible right away.

Check out his game log during final half of season. He really was a player.

Who knows what the potential good news is..but martin will be a nice player. That said, he has to finish coursework first.

6'6 wing from Xavier who averaged 12 & 5 last year and is supposed to graduate and be eligible right away.

Thanks. Knew about a guy from Xavier and now I know his name. Three plus weeks is an eternity in the bloody world of spring recruiting. If we are/were talking about a commit soon, it would seem the guys in the know are talking about someone else.

Why do I keep letting my hopes get up

Too late for April fools. Not cool.

This is exactly why you don't take something to heart from someone who claims to be "in the know."

Careful you might turn into the second coming of Guy Fawkes :)

Is it possible that Duluth kid who got caught smoking cigs could be that 7footer? Otherwise not seeing what 7foot juco that could br out there, unless some really under the radar guy, which doesn't get me that excited

Sent from my LIFE PLAY using Tapatalk

Couldn't be Akolda Manyang unless we get an early committment for 2015. He has one more year of JUCO ball left.

Couldn't be Akolda Manyang unless we get an early committment for 2015. He has one more year of JUCO ball left.

I knew he was listed as 2015 just was not sure how juco worked, like if they had to stay there 2 years or if they can transfer after a year or something, so thanks for clearing that up

I knew he was listed as 2015 just was not sure how juco worked, like if they had to stay there 2 years or if they can transfer after a year or something, so thanks for clearing that up

I am assuming he didn't qualify academically for D1 out of high school. If he didn't he will have to graduate from Junior College with the acceptable credits in order to become D1 eligible. Their are situations where you can transfer after one year, but you would have to be an academic qualifier out of high school.

I am assuming he didn't qualify academically for D1 out of high school. If he didn't he will have to graduate from Junior College with the acceptable credits in order to become D1 eligible. Their are situations where you can transfer after one year, but you would have to be an academic qualifier out of high school.

OK that makes a lot of sense and clears up a lot of confusion on my part as to why there are players who only do 1 year, thanks!

Paul Carter came to the U after one year of JUCO

Pretty sure he redshirted his first year in Junior College, played his Freshman year of JUCO, then transfered to Minnesota and had three years left after graduating.

Marcus blog: Gophers recruiting: Division I transfer a potential landing spot with Pitino?

Pitino actually recruited Martin and got a commitment from him as an assistant on his father’s staff at Louisville in 2009. But Pitino left to become an assistant at Florida that year. And Martin, an Indianapolis native, eventually backed out of his commitment then because he said he didn’t give himself enough time to consider other options.

Interest exists between the Gophers and Martin. But it’s not a done deal. Minnesota’s coaches aren’t even allowed to contact him directly because he has not been officially released from Xavier. That won’t happen until he gets his undergraduate degree.

It makes sense for Minnesota to pursue another wing player with the departure of senior guard Austin Hollins, who was named tournament MVP after leading the Gophers to the NIT title. Junior college transfer Carlos Morris is expected to take over for Hollins. But Morris’ competition right now is limited to sophomore-to-be Daquein McNeil.

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...ransfer-a-potential-landing-spot-with-pitino/

Go Gophers!!

Marcus blog: Gophers recruiting: Division I transfer a potential landing spot with Pitino?

Pitino actually recruited Martin and got a commitment from him as an assistant on his father’s staff at Louisville in 2009. But Pitino left to become an assistant at Florida that year. And Martin, an Indianapolis native, eventually backed out of his commitment then because he said he didn’t give himself enough time to consider other options.

Interest exists between the Gophers and Martin. But it’s not a done deal. Minnesota’s coaches aren’t even allowed to contact him directly because he has not been officially released from Xavier. That won’t happen until he gets his undergraduate degree.

It makes sense for Minnesota to pursue another wing player with the departure of senior guard Austin Hollins, who was named tournament MVP after leading the Gophers to the NIT title. Junior college transfer Carlos Morris is expected to take over for Hollins. But Morris’ competition right now is limited to sophomore-to-be Daquein McNeil.

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...ransfer-a-potential-landing-spot-with-pitino/

Go Gophers!!

GameDay & Tommy blink twice at your screen if Martin is the big commitment coming.

GameDay & Tommy blink twice at your screen if Martin is the big commitment coming.

I hope its not, because I want another guy.... If we could clear the air on all this uncertainty of the roster I would feel a lot better.

I hope its not, because I want another guy.... If we could clear the air on all this uncertainty of the roster I would feel a lot better.

Who do you want?

I wish I would have never even heard this Martin news, now I'm going to be disappointed when he ends up somewhere like Indiana or Kansas.

Top Bottom