All Things Movie/Documentary Reviews/Recommendations Thread

A new Alone has started and damn did they put them in a dangerous spot this time. They are by the arctic circle where grizzlies, black bears and wolves run wild. I have watched them all and this one is by far the toughest
The tinder box creation was pretty incredible.

No doubt. I’ve never seen anyone do that in all the Alone series
I've watched other survivalist shows that use parts of punky termite nests for traveling spark. This guy actually created the carrying pouch for the tinder, too. Pretty cool.

I've watched other survivalist shows that use parts of punky termite nests for traveling spark. This guy actually created the carrying pouch for the tinder, too. Pretty cool.
If he gets enough food before darkness and winter set in I like his chances

We just watched it about a week ago. You’re so right, absolutely infuriating.
Infuriating perhaps, but I did find it pretty entertaining because I did not know the story and I didn't cheat and look it up ahead of time. I learned about everything as it unfolded in the documentary. I'm a sucker for true crime pieces.

If this is the one I'm thinking of, and I think it is, they didn't do anything at all (the cops or the film makers) to tie up the loose end of the 2nd and 3rd guys who participated in the abduction. That would be my only nitpick, unless I missed it?

Watched Furiosa. It was okay. Thought the previous one with Charilze Theron and Tom Hardy was better.
I liked it. I read some terrible reviews before we went to the theater, and I don't get what these critics were looking for. It had everything it needed imo.

Infuriating perhaps, but I did find it pretty entertaining because I did not know the story and I didn't cheat and look it up ahead of time. I learned about everything as it unfolded in the documentary. I'm a sucker for true crime pieces.

If this is the one I'm thinking of, and I think it is, they didn't do anything at all (the cops or the film makers) to tie up the loose end of the 2nd and 3rd guys who participated in the abduction. That would be my only nitpick, unless I missed it?
The couple claims he didn't do it by himself, but Muller is the only guy they ever arrested. If I remember correctly, it is believed that Muller played recordings while she was captured so it seemed like it was more than one person there but authorities believe it was only him. They messed up the investigation pretty badly so who knows. Could just be another thing they're missing.

Top Bottom