All Things Minnesota Wild 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

A dumba dagger there woulda been fun. Great play.

I disagree. The two “thug” plays by the Wild were both called. Playing physical in hockey is not “thug.” Dirty cheap shots away from the play on the other team’s superstar are the definition of thug. The strategy is to send a message that we are not going to be pushed around like we have in the past years. That’s why we signed Reeves. Foligno is having a great game. Both of those guys can play as well as hit.

You can disagree, no problem. But the fact is the Wild made it clear that's how they want to play the series. I hope the Wild win, or at least make it a 7-game brawling physical series

You can disagree, no problem. But the fact is the Wild made it clear that's how they want to play the series. I hope the Wild win, or at least make it a 7-game brawling physical series

Correct, there is a difference between physical and cowardly cheap shots with your stick as a weapon.

Suter is more than welcome to throw his body around and knock guys off the puck. Hes too much of a pussy to do that though.

Idk if I can handle 4-7 games of this.

All i takes is one bounce but tough to see how we win this one.

We cant get any pressure. Anytime it looks like we have something we either miss fire a pass or shoot a puck directly into our own players.

Team is gassed

All i takes is one bounce but tough to see how we win this one.

We cant get any pressure. Anytime it looks like we have something we either miss fire a pass or shoot a puck directly into our own players.

Team is gassed

Ok!! One bounce!!!

Fucking huge. Hartman gritty

Nyquist played so well too.

Oh. And Gustavsson, Gustavsson’s stick handle and Gustavsson’s posts…….

What a win!!!! Gus was HUGE in the OTs!!

Wow what a game.

Gooo Wild!!

Also great play by Faber earlier going all out on that deflection.

I can’t imagine being a Dallas fan and being at that game to see it end like that. I’m very much enjoying the thought though.

Game 2 stick with Gusto in the net after playing close to 100 minutes or rotate with the Flower?

I could see it either way, especially with a W already in the back pocket before heading back to St Paul.

Suter does more to help the Wild now than he ever did in a Minnesota uniform. One of the most overrated players ever.

Game 2 stick with Gusto in the net after playing close to 100 minutes or rotate with the Flower?

I could see it either way, especially with a W already in the back pocket before heading back to St Paul.

You 100% stick with your best goalie.

Hes got a day off. Hes fine.

A credentialed media member public ally calling for an opposing teams player to be targeted and hurt is something else. I know the term journalist has been dragged through the mud, but how can a newspaper editor print something like this. What ever happened to no cheering in the press box and writing an objective game story.

A credentialed media member public ally calling for an opposing teams player to be targeted and hurt is something else. I know the term journalist has been dragged through the mud, but how can a newspaper editor print something like this. What ever happened to no cheering in the press box and writing an objective game story.

No doubt, this isn't a good look. I mean, Dumba's a piece of shit, not a shock to anyone, but this is uncalled for from anyone, much less a beat writer (or whatever this Star-Telegram guy claims to be).

Reaves and Foligno won't be going after Suter, they will give Robertson a couple nice shots and let Suter know they will keep it up if he doesn't lay off Kiril

Reaves and Foligno won't be going after Suter, they will give Robertson a couple nice shots and let Suter know they will keep it up if he doesn't lay off Kiril
I actually thought of that too. Robertson has already been blasted a couple times - legally - maybe that's what led to the Suter cheap shots. Anyway, you could be right. But I think someone would just love to light up Suter, honestly.

I didn't make it to the end of the game. gave up the ghost after the 1st OT.

on replay, the Dumba hit was late, but it was shoulder-to-shoulder. the Dallas player landed awkwardly - unfortunate, but I've seen a lot worse.

If the entire series is going to be this physical, then it becomes a question of attrition. Who gets hurt and who has to miss games? whichever team survives the series could wind up limping into round 2. Also makes it tricky for the Wild with JEEk - do you risk bringing him back if there's a chance he gets nailed and aggravates the injury?

Don’t hurt Suter, we want that incompetent clown on the ice. There’s a reason why his teams have never done anything in the postseason.

Home ice disadvantage? Lower-seeded road team won 6 of 8 Game 1’s.

Home ice disadvantage? Lower-seeded road team won 6 of 8 Game 1’s.

hockey is different than all other sports in that respect. even for the best teams, there is a random factor. a puck takes a funny bounce off the boards - a stick breaks at the wrong time - a guy throws the puck at the net and hits some guy in the ass for a weird ricochet.

if you're close, you always have a chance.

now, if one team is clearly better by a significant factor, that takes some of the random element out of play. but if two teams are fairly even, I don't think home ice means very much.

a hot goaltender trumps home ice every time in my book.

Top Bottom