All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

Yes, no Reid, McDaniels or Anderson. So when they lose tonight, blame Towns?
No, bring him back again.

And try all the slow feet out there and see if it clicks. I'm sure it will.

If there was any way to get Mikal Bridges for KAT, that would be my ideal scenario. It's doubtful but KAT is from the Jersey area so maybe that would appeal to the Nets.

Anyone know if wolves will be on or blacked out on NBA tv tonight?

Thanks, from your friendly YouTubeTV user.

If there was any way to get Mikal Bridges for KAT, that would be my ideal scenario. It's doubtful but KAT is from the Jersey area so maybe that would appeal to the Nets.
Perfect match with Ant.

That would be too good to be true.

Bridges is a top defender. So we'd get a perimeter defender who can put the ball on the floor and score.

No way Brooklyn would do that in my opinion.

Were the TNT games blacked out?
no, they never are. But NBA tv, yes in the regular season.

I tried using the google machine for tonights game, but couldnt find an answer

I would rather watch it with my 10 year old daughter at home since shes so into it and its an earlier game time for once, but if not, thinking about meeting some friends at the bar.

Edwards got 36. Added 7 RB, 5 AST and 3 steals too.

Towns had 27 and 7. Gobert? 18, 10 and 3.

Wolves had way more free throws too! 35 to 13. Turnovers were a wash.

Why was the final score Denver 120 - Minnesota 109?

They got out shot (57 to 46%) and out rebounded (40-32) big time, and without Reid & McDaniels that bench, including Anderson, was putrid.

Minnesota's bench got 10 points total. Denver's had 29.
Love was only in his 6th year in the league, considered a top 5 player in the NBA, on the last year of his deal, and considered the missing link to pair with LeBron and Kyrie to win a NBA championship, which they did. It turns out this article overrated him, but that was the consensus around the league at that time, which is very different than Towns today. https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/grade-the-trade-the-kevin-love-andrew-wiggins-blockbuster/

Towns is none of those things, he has 5 years left on his contract, and after he's paid 36 million next year, that'll bump up to 50, 54, 58, and 62 million per year for the final four years. Even if we took back a shorter term max deal, it would give the Wolves significantly more cap flexibility than that atrocity.

Towns is a good offensive player, but that's it. He's not a superstar, and he's not a missing link to an NBA title contender, although he could be a nice role player on one. If they are able to move him, the return they get will be closer to what they got for Wiggins than it was for Love, and it would be worth it.

I think Boston will have to do something, as if they can’t get over the hump with their current roster - they risk wasting a talent like Tatum.

no, they never are. But NBA tv, yes in the regular season.

I tried using the google machine for tonights game, but couldnt find an answer

I would rather watch it with my 10 year old daughter at home since shes so into it and its an earlier game time for once, but if not, thinking about meeting some friends at the bar.
Found my answer. It is indeed blacked out. According to this article, Altitude Sports waived its exclusive regional rights so that the game will be available on NBA tv in Denver. Those bastards at Ballys could have done the same thing

After being down by 13 with 8:33 to go in the 4th, the Atlanta Hawks came back and beat the Celtics 119-117. Series is now at 3-2 Celtics.

Wolves are 3-16 from 3 with many great looks.

Ant gets hit on every drive. Nuggets have 17 free throws to the Wolves 4.

Wolves down 48-47 at the half. All the stats were pretty even. Except for Free Throws.

Wolves outscored Denver 32-18 in the paint and 26 of their 42 shots were from within the 3 pt circle. Denver is also, smartly, dropping guys to the basket. Where 2-3 of them can hack away at any Wolve who drives the lane.

And yet Denver shot 17 Free Throws to Minnesota's 4.

Last edited:

Ant block there was filthier than filthy

Try and get this lead to 7-10 after 3 and I think they really have a chance.

It’s always the refs fault right? At least KAT decided to show up in the 3rd quarter

That would be idiotic. So would ignoring the stats or the game itself. Wolves with a heavy advantage in shots and points, in the paint and a heavy disadvantage in Free Throws? You know better than that.

Moore either wasn't watching or was pandering to haters.

Denver should still win. No reason to help them.

That would be idiotic. So would ignoring the stats or the game itself. Wolves with a heavy advantage in shots and points, in the paint and a heavy disadvantage in Free Throws? You know better than that.

Moore either wasn't watching or was pandering to haters.

Denver should still win.

Been that way all year. KAT not showing up in the playoffs is not new to this year.

Rebound the fucking ball and make a fucking open 3.

Only reason this game is close.

6/26 from 3 is simply not going to do it.

Single handedly losing them the game.

Gobert letting Aaron Gordon get multiple offensive rebounds against him in crunch time. Annoying.

Top Bottom