All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

Was looking for free Gopher recruiting junkjust rab across multiple Stories on 247 about Ja Morant, assaulting High School kids. Including threatening with Firearms. In one his mother was the instigator and Ja was the finisher. Had a kid who plays at Oak Hill Academy hiding for an hour in a back room.

OKC Friday night. Time for Gobert to dominate and play like a star.

Howl Wolves!!

OKC is definitely a better matchup for the Wolves, but they are very young and could be dangerous because they're playing with house money.

Howl Wolves!!
I don't think he even needs to play like a star, just protect the rim and not punch teammates...I'm good with that.

The crowd reaction should be a treat.

ESPN experts predictions so far

Hawks vs Heat - All 17 experts picked the Heat. The Hawks won

Bulls vs. Raptors - 11 picked the Raptors 6 picked the Bulls. The Bulls won

Wolves vs. Lakers - All 17 picked the Lakers. They won in O.T.

Pelicans vs OKC - 11 picked the Pelicans 5 picked OKC. OKC won.

They rest of the 1st round picks is at the links. Bet at your own risk.

Last edited:

ESPN experts predictions so far

Hawks vs Heat - All 17 experts picked the Heat. The Hawks won

Bulls vs. Raptors - 11 picked the Raptors 6 picked the Bulls. The Bulls won

Wolves vs. Lakers - All 17 picked the Lakers. They won in O.T.

Pelicans vs OKC - 11 picked the Pelicans 5 picked OKC. OKC won.

They rest of the 1st round picks is at the links. Bet at your own risk.

Interesting 3 of the winners were the Road team, the only Home team to win was extended to OT and did not cover.

I'm hoping it's a case of Law of Averages for the Wolves on Friday instead of Newton's Law of Objects in Motion Stay in Motion.

Howl Wolves!!
OKC is super quick. Rudy doesn't do so well against super quick teams. He would have come in handy against AD and LeBron.

Interesting 3 of the winners were the Road team, the only Home team to win was extended to OT and did not cover.

I'm hoping it's a case of Law of Averages for the Wolves on Friday instead of Newton's Law of Objects in Motion Stay in Motion.
OKC is super quick. Rudy doesn't do so well against super quick teams. He would have come in handy against AD and LeBron.

Who knows what the heck will happen. The Wolves beat OKC 3 out of 4 in the regular season but haven't played since December.

Here were Gobert's numbers:

23pts, 16 rebounds, 2 ast, 1 block, 1 turnover, 1 foul Wolves win 115-108

15pts, 15rb, 1 ast, 1blk, 1 to, 2 foul Wolves win 115- 106

6pts, 4rb, 0 blk, 0 to - Gobert ejected in the 2nd Qt when the score was 37-30 Wolves lose 135-128

Neither Gobert,Towns or Russell played in a 112-110 Wolves victory. McDaniels and Reid combined for 42pts, 14rb, 4 ast, 5 steals, 2 blocks and 6 turnovers

Speaking to reporters Thursday for the first time since the public fight, Gobert said he probably wouldn't have been healthy enough to play the Lakers anyway. He's aiming to return Friday when the Wolves host Oklahoma City in their last chance to make the playoffs, but there's no guarantee.

"Still pretty sore, still not moving like I would like to be able to move, but small progress every day," said Gobert, the three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year award winner..

The Wolves will be without at least one starter, Jaden McDaniels, because of a broken hand that occurred after he punched a wall in the tunnel near the bench out of frustration during the same game when Gobert struck Anderson in the upper chest. One of their top reserves, Naz Reid, is out with a broken wrist..

Gobert's back trouble had him listed as questionable for that game against New Orleans on Sunday when he lost his cool. Coach Chris Finch said he looked "a little tight" in practice Thursday.

"We'll keep working on it," Finch said.

Will Gobert play?

"I hope so. I really can't say," Finch said. "But we haven't ruled him out."

Speaking to reporters Thursday for the first time since the public fight, Gobert said he probably wouldn't have been healthy enough to play the Lakers anyway. He's aiming to return Friday when the Wolves host Oklahoma City in their last chance to make the playoffs, but there's no guarantee.

"Still pretty sore, still not moving like I would like to be able to move, but small progress every day," said Gobert, the three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year award winner..

The Wolves will be without at least one starter, Jaden McDaniels, because of a broken hand that occurred after he punched a wall in the tunnel near the bench out of frustration during the same game when Gobert struck Anderson in the upper chest. One of their top reserves, Naz Reid, is out with a broken wrist..

Gobert's back trouble had him listed as questionable for that game against New Orleans on Sunday when he lost his cool. Coach Chris Finch said he looked "a little tight" in practice Thursday.

"We'll keep working on it," Finch said.

Will Gobert play?

"I hope so. I really can't say," Finch said. "But we haven't ruled him out."

So he was hurt when Anderson was yapping at him?

Did SloMo not know this, or is he a box of rocks, too?

So he was hurt when Anderson was yapping at him?

Did SloMo not know this, or is he a box of rocks, too?

Oh Anderson knew he was hurt. Story goes that Gobert may have been too hurt to play but Anderson cajoled and persuaded Gobert to play because of how important the game was. Then when Gobert played badly, Anderson called him out, called him a "*&&*&%!!! bitch" and Gobert threw the punch at him.

Anderson had almost gotten away scot free except a reporter or two went into the locker room and got the story. Nationally though it's all about Gobert taking and missing that punch.

Last edited:

Not really pertaining to the Wolves specifically, but it seems silly there are no NBA games today.

Why not kick off one or two of playoff series in which the matchups are already set up?

Oh Anderson knew he was hurt. Story goes that Gobert may have been too hurt to play but Anderson cajoled and persuaded Gobert to play because of how important the game was. Then when Gobert played badly, Anderson called him out, called him a "*&&*&%!!! bitch" and Gobert threw the punch at him.

Anderson had almost gotten away scot free except a reporter or two went into the locker room and got the story. Nationally though it's all about Gobert taking and missing that punch.
Gobert is a grown man though. Someone bullying him shouldnt persuade him.

And wheres the medical staff on this?

Finch HAS to extend his bench today and give NAW and Nowell more playing time. Even mix in some minott. Team was GASSED by middle of 4th qtr against lakers

Finch HAS to extend his bench today and give NAW and Nowell more playing time. Even mix in some minott. Team was GASSED by middle of 4th qtr against lakers
They're professional athletes who get to stand around the free throw line every other possession and get a TV timeout constantly. I agree they need breaks but in my opinion the NBA sits their stars for a rest too much as it is. No starter should play less than 40 minutes a game unless they're playing like sheet.

Gobert is a grown man though. Someone bullying him shouldnt persuade him.

And wheres the medical staff on this?

There was no "bullying" involved. Anderson just convinced Gobert to play, despite how he felt, because of how important the game was. Gobert must have been leaning that way in the first place since he played. Then for Anderson to call him out on the court for not playing well?

Haven't heard what the medical staff is saying. Got anything on that?

Last edited:

There was no "bullying" involved. Anderson just convinced Gobert to play, despite how he felt, because of how important the game was. Gobert must have been leaning that way in the first place since he played. Then for Anderson to call him out on the court for not playing well?

Haven't heard what the medical staff is saying. Got anything on that?
Well the way Anderson talks to him, I would assume he is bullying him

They're professional athletes who get to stand around the free throw line every other possession and get a TV timeout constantly. I agree they need breaks but in my opinion the NBA sits their stars for a rest too much as it is. No starter should play less than 40 minutes a game unless they're playing like sheet.
Totally agree. But for whatever reason, they were gassed. Gotta coach the current circumstances

Well the way Anderson talks to him, I would assume he is bullying him

Maybe a stretch. More likely it was the first time that Anderson actually tried to bully him. Certainly the first time that Anderson did it in public and that's why Gobert responded the way he did.

Micheal Jordan calls you out in public? You might have to not respond. Kyle Anderson does it? Probably not.

"Anderson said afterward that it wasn’t the first time he’s been swung on by a teammate over the years."

Gobert has been dealing with back spasms.

"He is still dealing with limitations from the back spasms that hampered him against New Orleans and said that he would not have been able to play in the Lakers game even if he was not suspended.

“I tried to be a superhero, but I couldn’t move,” Gobert said. “If I’m out there and I can’t move, I can’t be myself.” He is listed as questionable for the game with back spasms, but most expect Gobert to try to play with so much on the line..

As disappointed as the Wolves were in Gobert’s act, there was some concern as they debated how to handle it that Gobert would be viewed as the lone culprit in the confrontation, team sources told The Athletic. When they looked at the situation in full, according to sources who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, they knew Gobert had to be disciplined for his behavior. But there were also conversations behind the scenes about Anderson’s conduct toward a teammate who was trying to play through debilitating back spasms.

Ultimately, Anderson was not punished. But there have been numerous conversations with him about the situation. Finch said he considered the case closed and felt confident the team was locked in on beating the Thunder..

Finch was on with PA and he said something about how the coaching staff (before the fight) had been telling the players to hold each other accountable and call each other out. Sounds like Anderson was doing what they asked only he pushed it over the line a bit.

There's probably some sort of union rule against this, but I was kind of wondering at the end of the Laker game if it would have been possible for McDaniels to play as a defender. Throw him out there with a club and pester LeBron/Schoeder/whoever since they didn't play Minott or Moore.

Finch was on with PA and he said something about how the coaching staff (before the fight) had been telling the players to hold each other accountable and call each other out. Sounds like Anderson was doing what they asked only he pushed it over the line a bit.
Thanks for that.

Anderson admitting that he's been swung at by teammates in the past says that going over the line isn't a new experience for him.

interesting

There's probably some sort of union rule against this, but I was kind of wondering at the end of the Laker game if it would have been possible for McDaniels to play as a defender. Throw him out there with a club and pester LeBron/Schoeder/whoever since they didn't play Minott or Moore.
crossed my mind that he can still play defense

Gobert has been dealing with back spasms.

"He is still dealing with limitations from the back spasms that hampered him against New Orleans and said that he would not have been able to play in the Lakers game even if he was not suspended.

“I tried to be a superhero, but I couldn’t move,” Gobert said. “If I’m out there and I can’t move, I can’t be myself.” He is listed as questionable for the game with back spasms, but most expect Gobert to try to play with so much on the line..

As disappointed as the Wolves were in Gobert’s act, there was some concern as they debated how to handle it that Gobert would be viewed as the lone culprit in the confrontation, team sources told The Athletic. When they looked at the situation in full, according to sources who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, they knew Gobert had to be disciplined for his behavior. But there were also conversations behind the scenes about Anderson’s conduct toward a teammate who was trying to play through debilitating back spasms.

Ultimately, Anderson was not punished. But there have been numerous conversations with him about the situation. Finch said he considered the case closed and felt confident the team was locked in on beating the Thunder..

I believe he got suspended because he couldn't play and they wanted to rest him for tonight or first round

Top Bottom