All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

Hmm? Last time I said that you corrected me by saying that the NBA would never allow it because they wanted that sweet expansion money instead.
I said they aren't moving to Vegas or Seattle because those are the prime expansion markets. The league will get somewhere are $3B each from those markets for an expansion team. A "relocation fee" is probably a mere $500M.

My guess is that Lore and ARod would move the team to Nashville if the state/city won't build them a new arena. The city is growing like crazy and could easily support a third prof sports franchise.

Please don't say I want the team to move. You know better.

I said they aren't moving to Vegas or Seattle because those are the prime expansion markets. The league will get somewhere are $3B each from those markets for an expansion team. A "relocation fee" is probably a mere $500M.

My guess is that Lore and ARod would move the team to Nashville if the state/city won't build them a new arena. The city is growing like crazy and could easily support a third prof sports franchise.

In a post where you claim you didn't say something, you pretend that I said something I never did.

You know better.

Geesus..
Hmm? Last time I said that you corrected me by saying that the NBA would never allow it because they wanted that sweet expansion money instead.

Last edited:

Novel criticism. You could be right. Though most complaints about KAT have been that he's too much of a competitor. That he tries to do too much by himself. Not that he doesn't/won't compete.

If they can get a couple of above average shooters and 2-3 1st Round picks, then trade him.

Otherwise would like to see if they can figure out a way to play Towns and Gobert at the same time. Considering the lack of a training camp for Gobert and Towns injury we can complain or criticize but we have no idea if it will work or not.

So far all we really know about the Wolves is they have a bad bench, not many shooters or dependable ball handlers and if they are missing a starter or two, they usually lose.
Great response and it reminds me that posters in here know 100x more about the wolves than I do. Carry on!

I think a team moving to Nashville would be problematic with a franchise already in place in nearby Memphis. The Nashville arena isn't much newer than Target Center either.

My hunch is MLB will beat the NBA in being the 3rd pro franchise there.

The Minnesota Mystery

The Timberwolves may be the most confusing team of them all on this list because, well, we still don’t know if they’re any good when fully healthy.

On the Nov. 28 night when three-time All-Star Karl-Anthony Towns went down with a calf injury in a game against Washington, they fell to 10-11 and had yet to convince anyone that this Rudy Gobert-Towns pairing in the frontcourt was a good idea. Since then, with the Timberwolves going just 4-5 since swapping Russell for veteran Mike Conley in their attempt to add maturity and moxie to their locker room, they’ve gone 24-22 without Towns.

According to Timberwolves coach Chris Finch, Towns continues to progress in his recovery and is now doing “2-on-0 work with player development staff.” There is still no timetable for his return, however. This much we know, though: Anthony Edwards (24.7 points, 5.9 rebounds, 4.5 assists per game) has the look of a perennial All-Star. Beyond that, all sorts of unanswered questions remain.

What’s a brother gotta do to get a foul called. The way the game ended you would hav e thought this was still the big 3 nets and not the current nets.

Naz Reid is gonna get $160million contract.
Naz was f-----g brutal tonight outside of one play. Brutal on the offensive end and getting destroyed on the defensive end. He may have been worse against Philly. Not trending well at all.

I don't think this team is even going to make a play in game!

oh well

Last edited:

At this point, I'd almost prefer the Wolves standard team that wins 20 games a season. At least those teams had hope for the future.

Tonight at 6:30 in Atlanta. The Hawks have won their last 5 games against Minnesota.

MInnesota Timberwolves 34-34

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Austin RiversSGMar 12Day-To-DayRivers (back) is questionable for Monday's game against Atlanta.
Rudy GobertCMar 12Day-To-DayGobert (left ankle sprain) is questionable for Monday's matchup with the Hawks.
Jaylen NowellSGMar 12OutNowell (knee) has been ruled out for Monday's matchup against the Hawks.
Karl-Anthony TownsCMar 7OutCoach Chris Finch said Tuesday that Towns (calf) is still in the "final" stages of returning, and despite doing some basketball activities, remains without a clear timeline, Chris Hine of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.

Atlanta Hawks 34-34

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Bogdan BogdanovicSGMar 13Day-To-DayBogdanovic (back) was spotted going through shootaround, Kevin Chouinard of Hawks.com reports.

Last edited:

Wolves had a 20 point lead. The result of shooting 67% overall and 45.5% from 3.

They just got it back to 20 also.

Edit: 76-52 Minnesota at the half. Wolves ended-up shooting 62.5% overall and from the Free Throw line and 40% from 3.

Hawks shot 41.5% from the floor. Though they were only 1 for 12 from 3.

Last edited:

Wolves win 136-115. They shot 42.9% from 3 and 58.7% overall. The Hawks did not.:cool:

Six Wolves were in double figures. Lead by Edwards with 32. Anderson got his 2nd Triple Double of the season. The first time a Wolve has done that since both Love and Rubio did it in '13-'14.

They host the Celtics Wednesday night.

I was not expecting that. Hell of a win by the wolves. Did it with ease!

Tonight the Wolves (35-34) host the Celtics (47-22). The Celtics lost to the Houston Rockets (!) last night. Still, looking at the injury report a Minnesota win, let alone a close game, would be quite a surprise.

Boston Celtics

NAME, POSSTATUSDATE
Robert Williams III
C
OutMar 14
Payton Pritchard
PG
OutMar 14

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAME, POSSTATUSDATE
Rudy Gobert
C
DoubtfulMar 14
Naz Reid
C
DoubtfulMar 14
Austin Rivers
SG
DoubtfulMar 14
Jaylen Nowell
SG
DoubtfulMar 14
Karl-Anthony Towns
C
OutMar 15

Spread as of this morning was Boston -5. I'd bet my life savings on Boston covering that.

Spread as of this morning was Boston -5. I'd bet my life savings on Boston covering that.
I hope the wolves don't think that way.

Boston has lost 4 of 6, is playing like ass, and got beat by Houston last night. We are at home and we are fighting for our playoff lives.

No reason not to win this game.

Boston has lost 4 of 6, is playing like ass, and got beat by Houston last night. We are at home and we are fighting for our playoff lives.

One would think...but then there is the "curious case of the MN Timbrerwolves" this season where any game you expect them to show up they don't.

You looked at their records and then the injury report and thought "No reason not to win this game." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Even for a troll, you've gotta do better.

You looked at their records and then the injury report and thought "No reason not to win this game." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Even for a troll, you've gotta do better.
Are you going to watch? You already have this as a loss!

Do you want them to make the playoffs? If they get the sixth spot, they would be playing a team with a much better record.

You've got all the excuses ready. I can always count on your for that.

I believe the timberwolves are expecting a win. I'm on their side.

You and I had this same exact thing a while back and the wolves won. Let's do it again.

Last edited:

Top Bottom