All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

You are correct.

The only way they gain is to trade him.
Yes, even if we let DLo walk, we would not have any cap space to sign anyone. It would bring relief to the owners (not having to pay him) but it would not mean we could sign anyone else.

The only way to extract any value is to trade him which might mean resigning him and hoping that he can flash enough in a couple of months where another sucker would trade for him.

Yes, even if we let DLo walk, we would not have any cap space to sign anyone. It would bring relief to the owners (not having to pay him) but it would not mean we could sign anyone else.

The only way to extract any value is to trade him which might mean resigning him and hoping that he can flash enough in a couple of months where another sucker would trade for him.
As a GM or owner, I wouldnt take that risk of signing him and then hope to trade him. Im either trading him now or letting that contract and bird rights expire

As a GM or owner, I wouldnt take that risk of signing him and then hope to trade him. Im either trading him now or letting that contract and bird rights expire
Yeah, I agree. I was leaning more towards gambling on him because we only have this window but that just seems like a lost cause at this point.

Miami (22-20) beat OKC (18-23) in a very close game last night, 112-111.

Miami was 39% from the field, OKC was 48%. Miami took 79 shots to 91 for the Thunder. Rebounds were 41-44. Miami made 1 more 3pt shot. Turnovers were 18-19. OKC even had 27 assists to Miami's 18.

How the hell did Miami win?

OKC had 21 Free Throws to Miami's 40! And Miami hit every one of them. They even won the game when Butler was fouled making a layup with 12 seconds left.

Didn't realize what thugs the Thunder were.😆

Last edited:

This must be the same team from last year. Constantly orbiting around .500 haha

Detroit 65 - Minnesota 64 at the half.

No Towns, McLaughlin or Anderson. Prince is playing on a bad ankle and Anthony Edwards played 10 minutes and is now out for the game.

Unreal..

No Towns, McLaughlin or Anderson. Prince is playing on a bad ankle and Anthony Edwards played 10 minutes and is now out for the game.

Unreal..
What's unreal is the defensive effort.

As usual, it simply does not exist. They go by every wolf on the floor. It does not matter who.

I don't know why, but I'm laughing tonight at the effort.

Blow it up!

Unreal..

The surprise tonight would have been the Wolves having to play so many stiffs and won the game, not lost it.

It wasn't a lack of desire, or not caring, or whatever cliche is trotted out. Most of the guys that played tonight are just no damn good.

They give up a lot of bench strength in the trade for Gobert. That was apparent again tonight. They desperately need Anderson and Edwards to control the ball. Neither Gobert or Russell cost them the game tonight. It was that damnable bench.

McDaniels and Rivers started. They don't deserve to and they each got 29 minutes! Again tonight, Rivers traveled, argued about it and got another technical when it was a 2 point game in the 3rd Quarter. Nearly every time Rivers gets on the court for more than a couple of minutes he shows why he's been bounced from 6 other NBA teams.

Tonight Ryan, Forbes and Knight got playing time. Understandable they should only see the floor in a blowout. Except every 4-5 games, you can put Nowell in that bunch too. IMO they now longer belong in the league. Certainly not in a 8 or 9 man rotation.

Last edited:

Detroit on the back end of a back-to-back, after getting thoroughly dismantled by the 76ers and you get your teeth kicked in for the last 3 quarters. Shameful.

The surprise tonight would have been the Wolves having to play so many stiffs and won the game, not lost it.

It wasn't a lack of desire, or not caring, or no defense or whatever cliche is trotted out. Most of the guys that played tonight are just no damn good.

They give up a lot of bench strength in the trade for Gobert. That was apparent again tonight. They desperately need Anderson and Edwards to control the ball. Neither Gobert or Russell cost them the game tonight. It was that damnable bench.

McDaniels and Rivers started. They don't deserve to and they each got 29 minutes! Again tonight, Rivers traveled, argued about it and got another technical when it was a 2 point game in the 3rd Quarter. Nearly every time Rivers gets on the court for more than a couple of minutes he shows why he's been bounced from 6 other NBA teams.

Tonight Ryan, Forbes and Knight got playing time. Understandable they should only see the floor in a blowout. Except every 4-5 games, you can put Nowell in that bunch too. IMO they now longer belong in the league. Certainly not in a 8 or 9 man rotation.
What do you mean McDaniels started and didn't deserve, too? He starts every single game.

Also, this same Detroit team ran the wolves out of Target center two weeks ago with all the players.

I'm a little confused on the take here.

Minutes played........DLO 37 minutes, McDaniels 29 minutes, Edwards 24 minutes, Gobert 32 minutes..............................that's 4 of the starters on the floor for at least half the game.......Detroit shot 60% from the field. The backups blow, but so did that starting lineup. 135 points to the friggin Pistons. With Anderson out there they could have probably held them to 58%

DLO is the worst point guard defender in the league. and unfortunately, most nights, Ant has very little interest in defense, also. It all starts with perimeter defense. We have none.

We tried to build the franchise around Towns........who can't defend.

Now it looks like Ant is who they want to build around.......he can defend, but just doesn't really care or want, too.

It's quite the predicament.

Last edited:

I'm a little confused on the take here.

Minutes played........DLO 37 minutes, McDaniels 29 minutes, Edwards 24 minutes, Gobert 32 minutes..............................that's 4 of the starters on the floor for at least half the game.......Detroit shot 60% from the field. The backups blow, but so did that starting lineup. 135 points to the friggin Pistons. With Anderson out there they could have probably held them to 58%

Confused? Yeah I can see that.

You saw no difference between the starters and the bench? Particularly last night? Now that's a bad take.

While you were perusing the box score too bad you didn't see the +/-

The Bench

Prince, granted playing on a bad ankle for most of his minutes ( -21)
Nowell ( -15)
Reid ( -16)
Knight (-7)
Forbes (even)
Ryan (-1)

The Starters

Russell (-3)
Gobert (even)
Edwards (-1)
Rivers (-4)
McDaniels (-17)

Yet you blame the starters for the blow-out and the loss. My favorite part is your take on McDaniels. A guy you've hated most of the year. Yes, he's started and with the full crew of starters he's okay. Covering for missing starters? Not so much.

The Wolves found some stability with Anderson handling the ball rather than Russell and with Prince providing defense and toughness. Anderson didn't play and Prince played most of the game on a bad ankle. Edwards to his credit, tried to play through that bad hip. Though maybe he shouldn't have.

No Towns, no Anderson, no McLaughlin, Prince playing on a bad ankle, Edwards playing hurt and Forbes starting? And people thought they should blow the Pistons out 'cuz they had a better record? Take a look at the box score from their other loss to the Pistons. It was the benches that decided that game too.

Why? Because their bench is awful. That's why Finch has played them so many damn minutes. He doesn't trust the bench. No one else should either.

Same people who honestly thought that the Gobert trade wouldn't work because they gave away too much talent and that Towns and Gobert can't play together seem shocked that they aren't playing well when their starters go down.

Why?

They are, at most 8-9 players deep. If Rivers is starting or playing more than 8-10 minutes and more than 1 of their projected starting 6 are out?

They are gonna look bad, because they will be.

Look on the bright side. When they lose a whole bunch of people on here come out to play.

Last edited:

^^^^^^^^. You just posted all of the starters, who played at least half the game, as having a negative +/-

The bench blew chunks, but your 4 starters all were negative, against the Detroit pistons.

Twice in two weeks is one hell of a feat against the team with the worst record in the league.

And this one line kills me........No Towns, no Anderson, no McLaughlin, Prince playing on a bad ankle, Edwards playing hurt and Forbes starting?

Towns, McLaughlin, and Ant don't play defense. Prince is ok at it and Anderson is a good defender. And Ant is making me laugh, when he is struggling, his hip is bothering him. When he gets the ball on the offensive end, he sure seems to be fine.

Oh, and I'm not a McDaniels fan, but you made it sound like he was starting when he normally doesn't. He's started all year. And they brag up his defensive magic. Think about that, the wolves play him for his great defense. Baffling to say the least.

Last edited:

You just posted all of the starters, who played at least half the game, as having a negative +/-

The bench blew chunks, but your 4 starters all were negative, against the Detroit pistons.

Twice in two weeks is one hell of a feat against the team with the worst record in the league.

Gobert was even and Edwards on a bad hip was (-1) and you think the bench is great.

Even as a troll you gotta try WAY harder than that.:ROFLMAO:

My favorite parts were when we had four turnovers in five trips down the court. Rivers jumped in the air and pass it right to the Piston player. McDaniels tried to do a between-the-legs move next to the baseline and bounce it off his leg out of bounds. Then...D-Lo literally passed it right to a defender. Ant topped it off by dribbling it into the hands of a defender.

My favorite parts were when we had four turnovers in five trips down the court. Rivers jumped in the air and pass it right to the Piston player. McDaniels tried to do a between-the-legs move next to the baseline and bounce it off his leg out of bounds. Then...D-Lo literally passed it right to a defender. Ant topped it off by dribbling it into the hands of a defender.

Those were your favorite parts?:D

Last edited:

Gobert was even and Edwards on a bad hip was (-1) and you think the bench is great.

Even as a troll you gotta try WAY harder than that.:ROFLMAO:
Yep, I said the bench was great.

Hilarious, even for you!

Post 764 is me saying the bench blew chunks. They normally do. Nowell chucking is about it.

Last edited:

Serious question. When you saw that starting line-up and then saw Prince limp off how did you think the game would end-up?
Who started?

What am I missing?

I thought Gobert, a starter......started

DLO, is a starter and started

Ant is a starter and started

McDaniels, a starter......started.

4 of the 5 who started are starters.

I'll have to rethink this. I really don't get what you are getting at in seeing the starting lineup. After winning 4 in a row and being embarrassed by the pistons a couple of weeks ago, I was expecting an easy and safe wins. If you weren't expecting a win last night, fold the franchise.

Last edited:

Serious question. When you saw that starting line-up and then saw Prince limp off how did you think the game would end-up?
I was expecting an easy and safe wins.

Here we go again - eye roll | Funny faces pictures, Funny faces, Robert ...

Wolves hold on to beat the Suns 121-116. Damion Lee who had 31 hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer for the final score.

Wolves host Cleveland Saturday. The Cavs feature Donovan Mitchell, Garland, Mobley, Allen, Love and now Ricky Rubio.

Hope they do but don't expect the Wolves to get back to .500 tomorrow night.

Every game, even wins, end up closer than they need to be. Had to have this one vs. Phoenix with no Booker and CP3, but it was a 4th quarter bumbling as opposed to the usual 3rd quarter clown show.

I turned it on in the fourth to watch them spend the whole quarter daring a Phoenix team with two starters to steal this one. The starters should have been sitting on the bench the last five minutes or so waiting for a really good Cleveland team tonight.

The WC standings are very bunched up. This team has the talent to go on a meaningful run and end up in the top four. They don't have the toughness. They are going to spend the rest of the season sliding up and down between 8th and 12th in the standings. Getting into the Play In will be tight.

Wolves hold on to beat the Suns 121-116. Damion Lee who had 31 hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer for the final score.

Wolves host Cleveland Saturday. The Cavs feature Donovan Mitchell, Garland, Mobley, Allen, Love and now Ricky Rubio.

Hope they do but don't expect the Wolves to get back to .500 tomorrow night.
I'm expecting them to get back to .500 tonight.

This is a home game against a good, not great team.

I'm expecting them to get back to .500 tonight.

This is a home game against a good, not great team.

The bookies disagree. Cleveland is a 3.5 or 4 pt favorite. Cleveland is 27-16. Only 3 teams in the NBA have more wins.

Wolves are 21-22. 15 teams have won more games than that.

Though it's a good move for you. If they lose you can come and whine about how "they should have won!" And if they win you can say "I called it!" ;)

The bookies disagree. Cleveland is a 3.5 or 4 pt favorite. Cleveland is 27-16. Only 3 teams in the NBA have more wins.

Wolves are 21-22. 15 teams have won more games than that.

Though it's a good move for you. If they lose you can come and whine about how "they should have won!" And if they win you can say "I called it!" ;)
Why watch? They can't win.

I don't know if you've ever noticed, but I whine when they look like dog shit. If they play hard and lose by 5, you won't hear anything out of me.

I might say DLO sucks, which would offend you, but outside of that, you'll hear nothing.

You hear from me when they give no effort and don't give a crap in the world about defense, then you will hear from me. That happens way too often.

Stop focusing so much on me. And oh, my gosh, we are 3 point dogs.

Top Bottom