All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

to me, what really stands out is the difference between the starters and the first 5 off the bench.

when they have that group out there with Naz, JMac, Prince, Nowell, etc, they hustle, move the ball and look like a team.

and then the starters go back in and all the energy just vanishes.

but, Finch is in a tough spot. you shouldn't have to tell professional athletes to play hard and show some pride.

it's really sad.

to me, what really stands out is the difference between the starters and the first 5 off the bench.

when they have that group out there with Naz, JMac, Prince, Nowell, etc, they hustle, move the ball and look like a team.

and then the starters go back in and all the energy just vanishes.

but, Finch is in a tough spot. you shouldn't have to tell professional athletes to play hard and show some pride.

it's really sad.
Feel sad for me (and jamiche) as we pay to see this crap.

Cla
Feel sad for me (and jamiche) as we pay to see this crap.
So file a class action lawsuit... claiming they are taking money under false pretenses or suck it up and hope they turn the season around.

Get it together you two. There is a crisis at 700 1st avenue we need to fix
I would do it for free.

OK, maybe not free. My price is these wannabe new owners leave town (with Connelly) and Taylor sells the team to competent new owners who will keep the team here and run it properly.

Our PG play has been so bad this year that our stretch with SlowMo at the point was about as functional as we've looked on offense all year.

DLo, JMac, and Nowell are unplayable right now.

Move em or contract em. Then knock Target Center down and build something useful.

Shooter chimes in:

Some smart basketball people feel the Timberwolves should trade no-defense Karl-Anthony Towns for the four first-round draft picks they lost in the Gobert deal for a rotational player and build around Anthony Edwards.

The Knicks, by the way, currently own nine first-round draft picks through 2027.

Towns, 26, as part of his contract extension, will be paid $51 million for the 2024-25 season, $54 million the next season, $59 million for 2026-27 and _ get this _ $62.2 million for the 2027-28 season.

Howl Wolves!!

Shooter chimes in:

Some smart basketball people feel the Timberwolves should trade no-defense Karl-Anthony Towns for the four first-round draft picks they lost in the Gobert deal for a rotational player and build around Anthony Edwards.

The Knicks, by the way, currently own nine first-round draft picks through 2027.

Towns, 26, as part of his contract extension, will be paid $51 million for the 2024-25 season, $54 million the next season, $59 million for 2026-27 and _ get this _ $62.2 million for the 2027-28 season.

Howl Wolves!!
Throw in DLo for a guard and draft choices.

It's time. Trade Kat. This isn't working and won't.

Towns displayed his loser mentality when he lost to the badgers. Winners win.

Good DLo finally showed up last night and the Wolves win. Darius Garland though, wow.

It's no wonder Rosas traded up to try and get him, but never trade up unless you know you're going to get the player you want. That draft was such a massive blunder by the Rosas era.

Good DLo finally showed up last night and the Wolves win. Darius Garland though, wow.

It's no wonder Rosas traded up to try and get him, but never trade up unless you know you're going to get the player you want. That draft was such a massive blunder by the Rosas era.
Exactly. You don't trade up hoping to get your guy. You trade up and get your guy.

He screwed up, then compounded with a terrible pick.

Garland on this team and last year's team would be magical.

The w
Exactly. You don't trade up hoping to get your guy. You trade up and get your guy.

He screwed up, then compounded with a terrible pick.

Garland on this team and last year's team would be magical.
The worst pick!

I watched about half the game last night, including the excruciating fourth quarter. DLo played the kind of game he plays ever 2-3 weeks, so it doesn't mean anything beyond the moment or beyond that game. The wolves continued their really bad habit from last year of playing extreme iso ball when things get tight late in the game.

A win is a win. We'll take it, especially against a good team (even w/out Mitchell and Allen) on the road. Orlando is very beatable. Let's see if they can do it again on Wednesday.

Timberwolves with a blowout win in Orlando. toward the end of the game the Wolves bench got T up for TJ Lawson scoring his 1st nba points on a dunk.

"ORLANDO, Fla. -- — Anthony Edwards scored 35 points, Karl-Anthony Townsadded 30 and the Minnesota Timberwolves built a 27-point lead in the first half in a 126-108 victory over the Orlando Magic on Wednesday night.

Edwards and Towns had season scoring highs and the Timberwolves shot 52.3% in posting their biggest victory margin of the season..

Rudy Gobert, the NBA’s leading rebounder, had 16 points and eight rebounds to help Minnesota win back-to-back road games for the first time this season..

Orlando cut a 27-point second-half lead down to nine on a four-point play by Suggs early in the fourth quarter, but D'Angelo Russell scored nine of his 11 points to help Minnesota push its lead back up to 114-97 in the closing minutes.

“We showed grit and toughness in the second half, but you have to bring it for both halves. You can’t play 24 minutes of basketball,” Suggs said. “We have to bring it from the tip.”

The Magic played without rookie Paolo Banchero and center Wendell Carter Jr., their two leading rebounders and two of their top three scorers..

Wolves did their best to give away the game tonight in Philadelphia, and at one point had 7 turnovers and only 3 FGs in the 4th, but despite standing around on offense for every possession and despite complaining about every non-call, we held on and won our 3rd in a row.

Howl Wolves!!

Wolves did their best to give away the game tonight in Philadelphia, and at one point had 7 turnovers and only 3 FGs in the 4th, but despite standing around on offense for every possession and despite complaining about every non-call, we held on and won our 3rd in a row.

Howl Wolves!!

Wolves 112 76ers 109

I watched the last 6 minutes of the game. every player on the floor shat their pants. And Finch left them out there.

I'm sorry but this team has become the Late Mr. Lupner. They were born without a spine.

The wolves have done a better job of sharing the ball during this little winning streak. They've been lucky to play depleted teams but these are games that we have seen the wolves lose too many times to count. Any win on the road is a good win.

There is progress but they are still playing iso ball when games tighten up at the end. The late game shots have fallen during the last three wins but it's a really bad recipe for success. In spite of his deficiencies (can't shoot, gets bullied on defense), I'd rather have J-Mac than DLo on the floor late because he moves the ball and gets other players to cut and rotate rather than stand around and watch.

Good week with winnable games coming up.

I really like the uptempo style we have been playing the last two games. Even after the other teams made baskets! Getting the ball out of the basket and go, has definitely helped our offense get some easy baskets. However, not knowing how to deal with twenty point leads is disappointing. As Jamiche stated the iso game and shooting way too many threes when up by twenty is not smart basketball

Watched the whole game. Yep, that damn fourth quarter was awful. Though after the way the Gophers lost yesterday, will take any type of win.

Last edited:

Top Bottom