All Things Maddyn Greenway Recruitment Thread (Class of 2026, Gophers Offered)

Would sure hope coach can land at least 1 of Maddyn/Tori, both would be ideal.

There is already a nice connection with the elder Greenway as to a bank. Unload it!

Providence and Crosby play in state semis assuming they both win their quarterfinals

49/12/8 5 steals 18-21 FT in state quarters win
How is that Willow Thiel? 41 pts and 20 rebounds for Perham. Didn't get to watch the game. See she is committed to Crookston. Size, athletic, and can shoot?

How is that Willow Thiel? 41 pts and 20 rebounds for Perham. Didn't get to watch the game. See she is committed to Crookston. Size, athletic, and can shoot?
Just saw box score idk. Took them until halfway through second to get the logos and teams correct

Here is my plea to Ms. Greenway.

Continue to grow as a player and continue to break records and then continue to do that at MN.

• You are a household name and will fill the stands
  • Your family is grounded here and growing deep roots
  • Your dad has developed great business here and is supporting the Gophers
  • You have younger siblings that are following you and you would be able to continue to see them grow in person
  • Your parents would need to travel less and continue to support all of you
  • Iowa coach is closer to retirement
  • You can help make MN must watch TV!

No pressure just food for thought.

Continue to grow as a player and continue to break records and then continue to do that at MN.

• You have younger siblings that are following you and you would be able to continue to see them grow in person

Amen Maxy!!

Think the next Lindsey Whalen of MN.

Nice try.

So this probably doesn’t mean anything, but at least she has not switched to AIA. I’ve heard there are a few Minnesota girls going there. So far Maddyn is sticking with NT

I think people need to pump the brakes on the Gray Duck NIL angle. They make a beer for the Illinois NIL collective. They make one that benefits the Bradley Braves basketball team. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch. They're trying to get market share via fandom. They do more for the Gophers for sure, but it's not like they're turning down other schools or opportunities if it means they make money because they're so dedicated to the Gophers.

I think people need to pump the brakes on the Gray Duck NIL angle. They make a beer for the Illinois NIL collective. They make one that benefits the Bradley Braves basketball team. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch. They're trying to get market share via fandom. They do more for the Gophers for sure, but it's not like they're turning down other schools or opportunities if it means they make money because they're so dedicated to the Gophers.
They do the same in ND for NDSU as well.

Agreed. Gray Duck is a business, they are here to make money. Their partnership with the U helps drive sales - that's it. It's great it helps feed the pockets of a few Gophers, but Greenway isn't in the board rooms trying to figure out how to keep Braun/Christie/Darius Taylor on campus.

Go Gophers!!

Lame thought we were special

Yeah, this is spot on. I have heard him on the radio more than once sounding a bit sheepish about the whole "Hawkeye turned Gopher booster" angle. He still bleeds black and gold and generally dislikes the Gophers. I expect that his old Iowa teammates give him a lot of shit about being one of the public faces of the Minnesota NIL efforts.

So this probably doesn’t mean anything, but at least she has not switched to AIA. I’ve heard there are a few Minnesota girls going there. So far Maddyn is sticking with NT
help with the acronyms please

help with the acronyms please
AIA= All Iowa Attack
NT=North Tartan

AAU clubs that play their top teams on the Nike EYBL circuit.

For anyone who is curious, Aaliyah Crump, Chloe Johnson, and Ari Peterson are all playing for AIA this year instead of North Tartan. Driving all the way to Ames, Iowa for practice rather than stay with an in-state club. FWIW, one of Crump's USAB teammates is also playing for AIA even though she's from Missouri.

AIA= All Iowa Attack
NT=North Tartan

For anyone who is curious, Aaliyah Crump, Chloe Johnson, and Ari Peterson are all playing for AIA this year instead of North Tartan. Driving all the way to Ames, Iowa for practice rather than stay with an in-state club. FWIW, one of Crump's USAB teammates is also playing for AIA even though she's from Missouri.
Why is that?

And
AIA= All Iowa Attack
NT=North Tartan

Maya Wilson

Yeah, this is spot on. I have heard him on the radio more than once sounding a bit sheepish about the whole "Hawkeye turned Gopher booster" angle. He still bleeds black and gold and generally dislikes the Gophers. I expect that his old Iowa teammates give him a lot of shit about being one of the public faces of the Minnesota NIL efforts.
You can confirm with certainty he generally dislikes the Gophers? You heard that from who?

And

Maya Wilson
My daughter played for North Tartan with the who’s who of Minnesota basketball. We were on center court in Chicago with every big name coach in the country there. Is Tartan somehow not good enough now? It was one of the best programs in the country with players such as Paige Bueckers on the team until she jumped ship with a coach. I don’t get it, but I’m a few years out. Why would one drive all the way down to Ames?

You can confirm with certainty he generally dislikes the Gophers? You heard that from who?
Certainty? Do you mean have I hacked his cell phone, subjected him to hypnosis or administered sodium pentothal? No, I don't have that level of certainty. But he's been a public figure in Minnesota for more than 15 years and he's been a regular in the media for most of that time. He's spouted the typical Iowa superiority stuff you'd expect to hear when the subject is broached. He has toned it down quite a bit in the last few years as he's now doing business here and marketing products to this community, but he still gets a dig in from time to time.

It's not a big deal, he and his wife are proud Hawkeyes. I am not suggesting that he'd try to prevent his daughters from going to school here if that is what they wanted, I am just pushing back against the suggestion that his NIL business ties to the U are evidence that he's shifted his allegiances.

My daughter played for North Tartan with the who’s who of Minnesota basketball. We were on center court in Chicago with every big name coach in the country there. Is Tartan somehow not good enough now? It was one of the best programs in the country with players such as Paige Bueckers on the team until she jumped ship with a coach. I don’t get it, but I’m a few years out. Why would one drive all the way down to Ames?
I don’t get it either. NT and AIA have always been very comparable. Never one much better than the other. It just worries me for recruiting that these kids are already getting it in their head they need to leave the state. That is why I am glad Greenway is staying with NT.

Why is that?
I'm not in loop...the only thing I did hear is the AIA coach is well respected. Coaching matters.
That and there does seem to be a trend for the top players to want to play together.
And I would imagine there is a $ incentive of some type with AIA ... even just the tournaments they get in, how they travel, where they stay etc.

Top Bottom