All Things Kyle Washington Thread - UPDATED (9/23): Commits to North Carolina State

Here was my post 2 weeks ago that the member in the quote I quoted right above was responding to. "Kyle most likely isn't coming to Minnesota... He shows no sincere interest in the U of M, unlike Rashad Vaughn who you can tell shows legitimate interest in Minnesota."
(On page 6)

Sometimes I'm wrong, most the time I'm right. Basically I'm good at reading deep in between the lines.

Please sir, teach us to be an analytical guru like you are. I can't imagine how wonderful it must feel to be certified as a genius based solely off of your ability to predict where a player won't end up playing college basketball.

Please sir, teach us to be an analytical guru like you are. I can't imagine how wonderful it must feel to be certified as a genius based solely off of your ability to predict where a player won't end up playing college basketball.
Oh, it's excellent not being as clueless as some people on here! Not all, not even most, but a good amount of people on here are. I can tell you right now, Tyus isn't coming here, now get over it everybody.... Rashad has a good chance though IMO. Not expecting you guys to care either...

I can tell you right now, Tyus isn't coming here, now get over it everybody.... QUOTE]

True, it is unlikely that a top 10 recruit would want to deal with the drama of the stare and being pulled because he tried to create something without taking enough air out of the ball for a dude with a mohawk who would be lucky to be getting minutes at Auggie Tech

Oh, it's excellent not being as clueless as some people on here! Not all, not even most, but a good amount of people on here are. I can tell you right now, Tyus isn't coming here, now get over it everybody.... Rashad has a good chance though IMO. Not expecting you guys to care either...

You're not special, get over yourself.

Kyle has trimmed his list to Marquette, OSU, Washington, Baylor, ISU, NC State, and Louisville.
Via NY2LAsports

I have a hard time believing Baylor will have room for Kyle Washington after the events of the past few days. First they get a commit from a 2013 PF from Houston, then another one today from a 5-star PF Leron Black in the 2014 class from Memphis. As an aside, it's hard to imagine some shenanigans not being involved with Baylor and the 5-star from Memphis. Sounds like a textbook case of something illegal to me - Baylor, a school that never wins championships of any kind (but whose coach was voted essentially on par with Calipari in the biggest perceived cheater vote), earns a commitment from a 5-star soon-to-be-junior from a city over 500 miles away, when nobody else in the top-30 of his class had committed? Hard to believe that wasn't anything extra involved for Baylor to land the verbal from Black.

I have a hard time believing Baylor will have room for Kyle Washington after the events of the past few days. First they get a commit from a 2013 PF from Houston, then another one today from a 5-star PF Leron Black in the 2014 class from Memphis. As an aside, it's hard to imagine some shenanigans not being involved with Baylor and the 5-star from Memphis. Sounds like a textbook case of something illegal to me - Baylor, a school that never wins championships of any kind (but whose coach was voted essentially on par with Calipari in the biggest perceived cheater vote), earns a commitment from a 5-star soon-to-be-junior from a city over 500 miles away, when nobody else in the top-30 of his class had committed? Hard to believe that wasn't anything extra involved for Baylor to land the verbal from Black.

He was one of Andre Hollins' teammates in high school, it seems like we never went after him that hard though, or he just said fairly early on that he wasn't interested.

Being pessimistic is not the same as being prophetic. Yes, most top talents will not come to MN currently. Although Tubby has turned out a lot of professionals, the attention a player gets playing in a national championship is a lot more than playing in the final of the NIT. It's going to be an uphill battle for us to get a lot of recruits, and we won't get most of them. So yes, if you say we won't get most top recruits we go after, you will be right more often than not. That doesn't mean you can read deep between lines or that you have some supernatural perception. You are simply playing the odds. Fans giving up on recruits worsens our chances, however. If none of us talk about Tyus or get excited about him, his interest is going to be even less. With no state fan love on top of our other problems, our small chance of getting him goes to zero. So the fact that Tyus probably won't come here is not a reason to "get over it," and it doesn't make you any better at reading between lines than most of us on here.

He was one of Andre Hollins' teammates in high school, it seems like we never went after him that hard though, or he just said fairly early on that he wasn't interested.

We were actually one of the first schools to offer him.

We were actually one of the first schools to offer him.

Ok, I felt like we had offered him, and I remember hearing a little bit of talk about him a little after Dre committed to the Gophers, but I just hadn't heard very much at all about him since probably a good few months before the beginning of the 2011-12 season, so I just got the feeling that he had maybe just written Minnesota off early in the process. I just remember some rumblings about Dre's teammates Adonis Thomas (whom Dre may end up seeing again in the Bahama's in a couple months) and Leron Black and that the Minnesota staff should go after them, but I think Thomas committed to Memphis shortly after Dre committed here. It just seems like I haven't heard any talk of Gopher coaches meeting with Black or going to watch him in a year and a half or more, and I don't think Chris Monter ever did a Gopherhole interview with him either.

I agree. I definitely think there's something going on at Baylor.

Is there room?

Kyle has eliminated Baylor from cons,ideration (probably mutual, considering Baylor's recent get).

He's set up official visits to NC State, Washington, Ohio State and Iowa State. Louisville is also expected to have an official as well set up soon. Apparently, no Marquette.

I guess we'd have to agree on how that's measured at season's end, but I would definitely take that bet. I think Iowa State could be a top 10 team this year.....emphasis on "could". I definitely think they'll crack the top 20 and I'd guess they'll be a 5-7 seed.
Wow, that is one eclectic list.

If we didn't even make that list, then it's pretty clear his MN ties aren't what everyone assumed and he never gave serious consideration to coming back here. It makes a little more sense now that others are reporting that his family is moving east and so, in addition to not living here for several years, he'll have no family left here.

P.S. Why are we still making veiled references to Trevor Mbakwe? Sheesh. Dude's going to be all big ten if he doesn't get hurt. And to the newbie posters who think ISU is going to be a better team than Minnesota, I'll take that bet.

I guess we'd have to agree on how that's measured at season's end, but I would definitely take that bet. I think Iowa State could be a top 10 team this year.....emphasis on "could". I definitely think they'll crack the top 20 and I'd guess they'll be a 5-7 seed.

Pass the pipe, man. Iowa State is not going to be a top 10 team this year, unless Marcus Fizer has some eligibility left. I'd say they are a borderline top 25 team at best.

Washington commits to North Carolina State.

I read that his family had moved. Did they move to North Carolina? His decision would be a surprise otherwise.

People need to stop

... titling threads like that for non-Gopher commits.

People need to stop

... titling threads like that for non-Gopher commits.

Agreed, especially when we have threads completely dedicated to said player and when it has already been known for at least a month that he wasn't even considering us.

Agreed, especially when we have threads completely dedicated to said player and when it has already been known for at least a month that he wasn't even considering us.

Agreed, double especially when he is two days late on the commitment news.

Sorry guys, I didn't know I was so late with the news. I just saw it for the first time yesterday. I didn't know it was already in the All Things Kyle Washington thread.

Sorry guys, I didn't know I was so late with the news. I just saw it for the first time yesterday. I didn't know it was already in the All Things Kyle Washington thread.

Ignore the haters, PG10!!! They'd rather have the big man with the parody highlight video than Washington

Altho I did not see Washington play last year, I have my doubts about him . He and his D1 teammates Zierden, Lumpkin and Dunn could not beat a plodding Shelby Moats and his scrappy but diminutive Waconia team in the 2011 sectionals. He then shows his loyalty and bails on his Benilde team to further his own ambitions when that team could have easily won the state title last year.

I noticed this guy playing for Cincy today and thought I remembered him. He's still playing 5.5 years after the last comment in his dedicated thread.

Top Bottom