All Things Kyle Washington Thread - UPDATED (9/23): Commits to North Carolina State

i wouldn't call this trimming a list >> "The schools on my narrowed down list are Baylor, Iowa State, Illinois, Louisville, Marquette, Minnesota, North Carolina State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Washington, and Wisconsin (all have offered)," said Washington. <<

Baylor, Louisville, Illinois, Ohio State, Marquette, Minnesota, NC State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Washington, Iowa State and Wisconsin.

i wouldn't call this trimming a list >> "The schools on my narrowed down list are Baylor, Iowa State, Illinois, Louisville, Marquette, Minnesota, North Carolina State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Washington, and Wisconsin (all have offered)," said Washington. <<

By trimming his list he might just mean that he's not going to take into consideration any new schools.

OSU has been offering several 6'7" or 6'8" SF/PF guys lately, and Washington was one of them. I think OSU's plan is to load up on the SG, SF and PF positions in 2013 (with 3-4 players in the class) and try to get the Okafor/Jones package in 2014.

Tweet from Marcus:

"Gophers target Kyle Washington will play at Brewster Academy this season, the same prep school that produced #Gophers big man Mo Walker."

Go Gophers!!

Tweet from Marcus:

"Gophers target Kyle Washington will play at Brewster Academy this season, the same prep school that produced #Gophers big man Mo Walker."

Go Gophers!!

That can't be a bad thing at all. I am sure Brewster has produced other D1 players to many schools, but having him attend a school the Gophers staff is at least somewhat comfortable with and vice versa is a positive in my opinion.

If we can sign Washington that'd be a huge get and a nice start to help with signing Vaughn, Tyus, and/or Travis in 2014.

Tweet: "@ISURecruitLists: Kyle Washington is setting up an official visit to #Cyclones per his coach via @TravisHines21"

Go Gophers!!

Iowa State coaching staff really helped Royce White to be showcased in the NCAA tournament by allowing him to show his ball handling skills. They have something to sell Washington because of the White success story. Tubby's staff obviously hasn't convinced him yet, or he would have already announced he was coming here. I keep logging on to Gopher hole hoping to see some recruiting success story about MN getting Washington, and the longer it lingers the lower our chances will be. Does Hoiberg have a track record of signing recruits during their visits, or will we be getting Washington back to MN to visit as well?

Hoiberg

Iowa State coaching staff really helped Royce White to be showcased in the NCAA tournament by allowing him to show his ball handling skills. They have something to sell Washington because of the White success story. Tubby's staff obviously hasn't convinced him yet, or he would have already announced he was coming here. I keep logging on to Gopher hole hoping to see some recruiting success story about MN getting Washington, and the longer it lingers the lower our chances will be. Does Hoiberg have a track record of signing recruits during their visits, or will we be getting Washington back to MN to visit as well?

Hoiberg's two 2013's (Matt Thomas and Monte Morris) committed before making official visits to Iowa State. Only unofficials for them.

About Washington's move to Brewster...Iowa State's staff also has connections there. Current SF Melvin Ejim (junior and soon to be 3rd year starter) and former player, Craig Brackins, attended Brewster. The man who recruited them both to Ames is Hoiberg's associate HC.

Just passing on information...

Hoiberg's two 2013's (Matt Thomas and Monte Morris) committed before making official visits to Iowa State. Only unofficials for them.

About Washington's move to Brewster...Iowa State's staff also has connections there. Current SF Melvin Ejim (junior and soon to be 3rd year starter) and former player, Craig Brackins, attended Brewster. The man who recruited them both to Ames is Hoiberg's associate HC.

Getting annoyed with Freddy.

Iowa sucks- applies to all of Iowa not just the Halkeyes.

The Gophers currently have a player from Brewster ... Does that count as a connection?

The gophers have a former football coach named Brewster, does that count too? Lol, but being serious, Mo Walker played at Brewster Academy.

Tweet from ISURecuitLists:

"2013 PF Kyle Washington will take an official visit to Baylor on Sept. 15 per his coach, #Cyclones have offered:"

Go Gophers!!

Tweet from ISURecuitLists:

"2013 PF Kyle Washington will take an official visit to Baylor on Sept. 15 per his coach, #Cyclones have offered:"

Go Gophers!!

That's not good for anyone, including Washington. Drew is a snake oil salesman.

Kyle most likely isn't coming to Minnesota... He shows no sincere interest in the U of M, unlike Rashad Vaughn who you can tell shows legitimate interest in Minnesota.

Kyle most likely isn't coming to Minnesota... He shows no sincere interest in the U of M, unlike Rashad Vaughn who you can tell shows legitimate interest in Minnesota.

How do you figure? Not saying I have any idea, but you imply that you actually do know something... Why do you feel like this?

That's not good for anyone, including Washington. Drew is a snake oil salesman.

Yep. Drew didn't get basically even with Calipari in the cheater vote for nothing. In fact, you could argue that Drew is worse because he's racking up top-10 recruits almost every year at a school that never got them before. I think what the CBS polls of the coaches told me more than anything was where the real cheating goes on is primarily with the top-10 recruits and some of the guys rated 10-20.

You have to wonder what Scott Drew did just to get top-50 recruits after the Dave Bliss scandal left the Baylor program in shambles - I know guys like Bob Knight and Rick Barnes were really PO'd at Drew's tactics in recruiting negatively against them. But these days players aren't thinking "maybe my teammate will murder me if I go there and afterward my coach will try to cover for the program by calling me a drug dealer." He's getting top-10 guys now and he wasn't able to do that for several years, so there has been some advancement in the talent he's been able to recruit. There's no question he and his staff do some very negative things in recruiting - telling players they will be deported if they don't commit to Baylor is below the belt, but I guess it's par for the course in Waco. I also remember reading another recruit's father talking about how other schools need to match what Baylor was "offering" in terms of a guaranteed starting position - who knows what else!

Getting annoyed with Freddy.

Iowa sucks- applies to all of Iowa not just the Halkeyes.

Then you probably won't enjoy this either, according to Dave Telep of ESPN these kids will be visiting ISU this Saturday:

Rashad Vaughn (2014)
Reid Travis (2014)
Andre Wallace (2014)
Jarvis Johnson (2015)
Henry Ellensen (2015)

Most of those guys have made multiple visits already, including Vaughn who is making at least his 4th trip to Ames.

Then you probably won't enjoy this either, according to Dave Telep of ESPN these kids will be visiting ISU this Saturday:

Rashad Vaughn (2014)
Reid Travis (2014)
Andre Wallace (2014)
Jarvis Johnson (2015)
Henry Ellensen (2015)

Most of those guys have made multiple visits already, including Vaughn who is making at least his 4th trip to Ames.

Outside of Wallace, none of those kids are going to ISU. Especially Vaughn.

Alright Captain, we'll remember you said that when one or two sign with the Gophers.

Vaughn is at almost every Gopher game that doesn't conflict with his playing schedule. He plays with current Gopher players on campus. And if you ever seem him outside of playing games you can usually catch him with some type of Gopher gear on. For every one time he's been to the ISU campus he's been on the UM campus 20 times. Tubby has a legitmate chance on Vaughn. Also, I know that Travis grew up basically on campus in SE Mpls. I have to assume the Gophers have a legit shot at him too.

You're right, 4 visits already is a clear sign of non interest.

These kids aren't ending up at Minnesota.
'

That's a hilarious statement, especially coming from an ISU fan..can you guys even win a battle for an Iowa kid against the Squaks?

Rashad Vaughn (2014)
Reid Travis (2014)
Andre Wallace (2014)
Jarvis Johnson (2015)
Henry Ellensen (2015)

OK, I'll bite ...

WHY?

Have you been to Ames? I know you're from there, but come on. Ames and Waco, TX are places you drive through. I've been to both and can't fathom why anyone would CHOOSE to live there.

Have you been to Ames? I know you're from there, but come on. Ames and Waco, TX are places you drive through. I've been to both and can't fathom why anyone would CHOOSE to live there.

I know, that's why they call it Wacko, Texas and Ames is more of the same!

Top Bottom