All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

How do you know this?

You would have had Clem on the list for Minnesota back in the day for running a clean program.

How do you know?
Clem cheated. Started when he got James admitted. How do i know on UVA and UW and Nova ? It would take a book. Would not matter, jealous fans will just think anyone better than their coach or their program is cheating. People believe what they want. Could care less if people want to think Bennett cheats. They would be laughed at by coaches , they all know.He will not sit by that shoe scum, talk to them or recruit any players or parents interested. Prove otherwise or simply think what you want. Best if we block each other, too much time wasted, nothing gained for anyone. Just results in name calling. What remains is those guys run clean, just like our guy but those guys win titles.

Clem cheated. Started when he got James admitted. How do i know on UVA and UW and Nova ? It would take a book. Would not matter, jealous fans will just think anyone better than their coach or their program is cheating. People believe what they want. Could care less if people want to think Bennett cheats. They would be laughed at by coaches , they all know.He will not sit by that shoe scum, talk to them or recruit any players or parents interested. Prove otherwise or simply think what you want. Best if we block each other, too much time wasted, nothing gained for anyone. Just results in name calling. What remains is those guys run clean, just like our guy but those guys win titles.

Clem did cheat, but before you found out, you thought he ran a clean program.

Dam, you play dumb with the best of them.

There is the insult ! Actually those of us in the game would not have touched James with his high school(s) record. Your either a cheater or your not. Will not call you a name and as i said, think what you want. Your free to think Bennett,Gard, Wright cheat, you would be laughed at by anyone around the game. Please block me, i just blocked you. Everyone on the board wins.

There is the insult ! Actually those of us in the game would not have touched James with his high school(s) record. Your either a cheater or your not. Will not call you a name and as i said, think what you want. Your free to think Bennett,Gard, Wright cheat, you would be laughed at by anyone around the game. Please block me, i just blocked you. Everyone on the board wins.

So you did know Clem was a cheat ahead of time because he got Courtney James.

That's some fine revisionist history.

Please quote where I said Bennett, Gard, or Wright cheat. Thanks

Oh wait, I'm blocked. LMAO

Honestly, the way he continuously spews the same holier than thou rhetoric reminds me of Clem. Almost every interview Clem gave he would somehow sneak in there that he was proud of his players because of what great men and students they were, all the while knowing they were cheating.

Minnesota, UW, UVA, Villanova,Stanford, Purdue, Davidson, Texas Tech. Everyone that covers college hoops know that , even the shoe scum about UVA.
And what is the definition of clean?

I bet in the last 3-4 years, at least one of those programs has taken a kid who get paid by someone, even if the coach had no knowledge of it. It's too rampant. Shoe companies and rep agencies, it's literally nothing to throw five figures at some kid. It costs them peanuts, and could pay of huge if it results in a super star who can have his own shoe, or will choose their agency to rep them as a pro.

What remains is those guys run clean, just like our guy
The dad cheated to high heaven.

Louisville is what it is because Adidas gave cash to players and told them to sign with Louisville.

But the son was like "you know what dad, you're wrong! I'm gonna show you! I'll do it the right way!"
Sounds like something out of a children's book.

Certainly part of it but there are players and families that think the Gophers are poorly coached. Do people honestly think that recruits do not look at that record measured against the other coaches offering. There are players and parents who are very basketball savvy that see him as mediocre.

So Roy Williams is a good coach? Or did he just cheat and pay his way to greatness. Because I can't think of 2 programs that do more shady stuff than Kansas and UNC.

How about coach hairpiece at Duke? Or the guy at Kentucky? Those are the programs we are losing most of our best kids to. Not Virigina, etc.

Do I think Pitino is a fantastic coach? NO, but I do think he is serviceable and if he was able to offer 10-20K per recruit, tell them they don't need to go to class, etc I'm certain he'd have a handful of sweet sixteens or better in his trophy case by now.

Minnesota, UW, UVA, Villanova,Stanford, Purdue, Davidson, Texas Tech. Everyone that covers college hoops know that , even the shoe scum about UVA.

How many recruits have we lost to any of those programs? UW maybe. I can't think of any other top kids that chose any of those schools though. They all mostly win with high character program guys. It's a fact that the best talent in the nation gets funneled to the schools that lie, cheat, steal, pay, etc.

MN doesn’t have a ton of high recruits who have handlers.

His staff has gotten on kids early now and has for the last couple years. They were early on a majority of kids that were seniors this year. I say winning is really the only way. I think the other way is to not cater. Screw D1MN if they don’t want to advise to send kids here. Plenty of other fish in the see

My point is that he needs to get involved with our local AAU programs. Do clinics for them, show up, be around the place. Make it known that the University of Minnesota is invested in the development of basketball in our state and if you are good and play for such and such a program, Minnesota wants YOU!

So Roy Williams is a good coach? Or did he just cheat and pay his way to greatness. Because I can't think of 2 programs that do more shady stuff than Kansas and UNC.

How about coach hairpiece at Duke? Or the guy at Kentucky? Those are the programs we are losing most of our best kids to. Not Virigina, etc.

Do I think Pitino is a fantastic coach? NO, but I do think he is serviceable and if he was able to offer 10-20K per recruit, tell them they don't need to go to class, etc I'm certain he'd have a handful of sweet sixteens or better in his trophy case by now.
I wasn't aware Kentucky was stealing all of our recruits. I think they have the #1 recruiting class coming in with three 5 stars, three 4 stars, and two transfers - none of them are from Minnesota.

Shouldn't we be more concerned with programs like Marquette and Baylor somehow getting our best in-state talent?

I wasn't aware Kentucky was stealing all of our recruits. I think they have the #1 recruiting class coming in with three 5 stars, three 4 stars, and two transfers - none of them are from Minnesota.

Shouldn't we be more concerned with programs like Marquette and Baylor somehow getting our best in-state talent?
I used them as examples of massive cheaters that get all the best players throughout the nation.

For sure programs like Marquette and Baylor purging guys from our state hurts. To me, those programs are at best on par with Minnesota and probably worse based on conference alone.

My point is that he needs to get involved with our local AAU programs. Do clinics for them, show up, be around the place. Make it known that the University of Minnesota is invested in the development of basketball in our state and if you are good and play for such and such a program, Minnesota wants YOU!

Can they run clinics for specific organizations? I think that may be a violation honestly.

I don't disagree about the relationship part, but I do throw one more thing and part of this is some of my negative view towards one particular organization, but to me it seems like they don't want the relationship. I find them to be very petty, but sadly they are getting a ton of high level Minnesota kids. Say what you will about Pulley, but I know that they coach and develop kids over there. I think D1 for all the high level kids they've had, always underachieve on the circuit. If I'm Richard I tell them to go eat dirt if they continue to not be an advocate for the positives the U bring. I make bigger in roads with HS coaches and AAU organizations that don't play games

I used them as examples of massive cheaters that get all the best players throughout the nation.

For sure programs like Marquette and Baylor purging guys from our state hurts. To me, those programs are at best on par with Minnesota and probably worse based on conference alone.
To me those programs have had far more success than we have.

It's as if you have no clue I've wanted Pitino gone for a long time.

Dain Dainja had academic concerns, that’s why we backed off of him.

Doogie said there were rumblings going on which may or may not be legitimate. Anything going on with this recruit changing his mind?

According to local players and families and coaches, he is gone. Gave a great interview on Heels site listing all of his reasons, highlighted by the chance to win a national title at what he called a legendary program. Are people thinking he may still come here ? We have people on this board who are done with him !

According to local players and families and coaches, he is gone. Gave a great interview on Heels site listing all of his reasons, highlighted by the chance to win a national title at what he called a legendary program. Are people thinking he may still come here ? We have people on this board who are done with him !

only fair to wonder if not plugged into local circles. RJ did his best to keep this thread alive by suggesting someone may want to come back home.

Top Bottom