All Things Joshua Ola-Joseph Recruitment Thread (Class of 2022; Osseo HS; Gophers Offered)

This guys list says he is likely not coming to the u. If he does select the u I will not post in the bball thread til 2022.
Alright u win ,6-
This guys list says he is likely not coming to the u. If he does select the u I will not post in the bball thread til 2022.
alright. See you in 2022

Josh Ola-Joseph eager to play for Gophers after leaving Minnesota for senior year​

Of the three Minnesota natives who signed with Ben Johnson and the Gophers men's basketball team in November, Joshua Ola-Joseph was the least visible last season.

Ola-Joseph transferred last year from Osseo to Prolific Prep (Calif.) and eventually AZ Compass Prep in Chandler, Ariz.

Pharrel Payne and Braeden Carrington had big senior seasons locally for Park of Cottage Grove and Park Center, respectively. Meanwhile, Ola-Joseph found it harder to get consistent playing time but grew tougher at one of the nation's top prep schools.

"I definitely learned a lot of lessons," the springy 6-7, 215-pound senior said. "I felt like I could've competed at a high level, but I wasn't always able to show it. … it taught me how to have tougher skin."

Johnson talked to Ola-Joseph about his challenging season away from home. They both have high expectations for the freshmen when the Gophers start practice next month.

"Ben is a real cool guy," Ola-Joseph said. "I talked to him about my situation. He was very straight forward. I told him I'm ready to come in and show what I'm capable of and give him all I've got. Produce at a high level as a freshman."

Carrington, a combo guard, and Payne, a 6-9 post, are likely to have more defined roles as freshmen. Ola-Joseph and California native Jaden Henley, also 6-7, could end up playing and defending several positions with their size, athleticism, and versatility.

"We have a really talented class," Ola-Joseph said about the U's 2022 high school recruits. "As the summer goes and we put on weight and get stronger and stronger, it's going to be even more of a dangerous combo."

There probably won't be a consistent 15-20 minutes a game for all of the freshmen, especially with the roster mostly upperclassmen. But one thing Ola-Joseph learned at prep school is being ready to contribute when he's called upon.

"I'll still find a way to fight through it and play with certain guys and with different lineups," Ola-Joseph said. "Figure out my role. Just have tougher skin and be more flexible."

Go Gophers!!

He could surprise. Like his defensive potential because of his athleticism Maybe be a a guy who will get loose balls, run the floor and get fast break and rebound buckets. Everyone seems so sure he won’t play but really we as fans have little idea.
He was really good last summer. He will be a wild card

He could surprise. Like his defensive potential because of his athleticism Maybe be a a guy who will get loose balls, run the floor and get fast break and rebound buckets. Everyone seems so sure he won’t play but really we as fans have little idea.
Yup I'm really curious to see him play this year. Sometimes when people say that about a guy like Rodney Williams it works out pretty well, and sometimes when they say it about a Jarvis Omersa it means they are not skilled enough to play in the B10.

I like that he talked about growing a tougher skin. How you respond to failure and being humbled can vary so much and can define a player (or just people in general).

Honestly I'm so excited to see how these different players improve and show out for the Gophers this year.

Yup I'm really curious to see him play this year. Sometimes when people say that about a guy like Rodney Williams it works out pretty well, and sometimes when they say it about a Jarvis Omersa it means they are not skilled enough to play in the B10.

I like that he talked about growing a tougher skin. How you respond to failure and being humbled can vary so much and can define a player (or just people in general).

Honestly I'm so excited to see how these different players improve and show out for the Gophers this year.
He at least works harder than Jarvis and isn't as reliant on his athleticism. I agree it was refreshing to hear him talk about growing and having some tough skin. The adversity will only continue to help the young man.

And 6’ 7” now. Going back to the start of this thread he was listed at 6’6”

Miles II - more athletic version, probably not as good a 🕺

The difference is neither were THAT skilled but Rodney Williams Jr is a top 2-3% athlete
Omursa is a top 10-15% athlete

Omursa not in the same league athletically as Rodney Williams. Body control = athleticism

Top Bottom