All Things Isaac Asuma Recruitment Thread (Class of 2024, Minnesota's Top In-State Target)

Maybe it's me being your resident wet blanket but I just watched his junior year highlights and...don't know if I see any highlights, and lots of these were against terrible competition.

You would think that he would have better highlights against the low level of competition...just saying. Based on the video, he does not have elite speed or even great athleticism
I know what you're saying.....I mean c'mon.

All that video shows is:
1. He plays defense
2. He hits the open man
3. He handles the ball and is very smooth (he's 6'3" and a junior in high school)
4. He finishes in contact, often with his left hand.
5. He makes open jump shots.

Geez.....where are the highlights??? Where are the 360 dunks? Where are the behind the back passes? Where is he talking trash and screaming "and ONE"

He's clearly a bust.

What a predictable troll you are - so sad and all alone in this 🌎.

The evaluators who actually work for sites disagree with you and I think I’ll roll with them.

Obviously 🙄, if he committed to the Tommy Boyz and per 247, they offered, you’d be yodeling non stop Hosannas until Easter.
I'd say the same thing if he was a Tommy commit. He isn't quick. PGs need to be quick. And if he is going to play SG, he lacks that killer instinct based on all the videos.

I felt that way about Roddy. Believe he was at a Gophers game during the week he committed.

I think Asuma commits and can be a nice piece to build around for a few years. Maybe not instant impact but he should be a solid 4 year guy. Hopefully all of them here.

I know it's putting alot of pressure on the kid, but for Ben's sake, Asuma needs to be "instant impact." Especially with the lack of success CBJ has had in the transfer portal recruiting the PG position.

again, have only seen him play a couple games on TV, but I will offer this thought.

sometimes, players with a lot of athletic ability may not "look" like they're running hard because they're just smoother than other players. I saw Trey Lance (1st round NFL draft pick) play a lot of HS basketball. He never looked like he was running hard - but he always beat the other guy down the court. really good athletes can look effortless at times. I see some of that in Asuma. He looks like he's gliding, but he beats the other guy to the hoop.

I'd say the same thing if he was a Tommy commit. He isn't quick. PGs need to be quick. And if he is going to play SG, he lacks that killer instinct based on all the videos.
Cherry will be at the state tournament. maybe he can prove you wrong then

In the middle of a very long day. Did Asuma commit?

at 8:33pm, there is about 5 minutes left to play in the Cherry-Rock Ridge game. I'm told Rock Ridge has a center named Mongo who is tough in the paint.

Seriously, the announcement is supposed to come after the game. so a few minutes from "now," give or take.

at 8:33pm, there is about 5 minutes left to play in the Cherry-Rock Ridge game. I'm told Rock Ridge has a center named Mongo who is tough in the paint.

Seriously, the announcement is supposed to come after the game. so a few minutes from "now," give or take.
I've lived here my entire life. Never heard of Rock Ridge High School, but I assume there has to be a couple Johnsons on the team.

It’s just a schlick. I get it…

Last edited:

From everything I've heard, the kid just seems to have the "it" factor too......great student, leader and humble. Love the way he handled the announcement. No big fanfare. No press conference. No multiple hats sitting on a table, taunting each team and their fans. Looking forward to his career as a Gopher.

Top Bottom