All Things Gophers in Spain Trip - Tweets, Articles and More!

Similar to what we had last year.

However, I feel McBrayer is in that mix somewhere, not sure if they see him as a SF more than a guard?

One name no one has mentioned and I don't recall in the recaps, Gilbert....

I get the vibe that Gilbert is the developmental player of the class. I think he'll be at the back end of the rotation with limited minutes.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Next to Gas?

Gas is going to play. He's really the only other option besides BK at Center. Buggs maybe could get minutes at the 5 against smaller teams in an emergency, but we are going to need Gas to contribute.

Real Canoe? Who's setting our pace in the focs'le? Goldy?

stroke! Stroke! Stroke!

Canoe canoe?

"The club was founded in 1930 via a merger of "Club Natación Atlético" & "Canoë Club." Mr Julián López became the club's first chairman.

Currently, the club hosts multiple sports facilities and teams. Though it began as a swim club, over the years the club has added a number of additional sports such diving, water polo, basketball, rugby and synchronized swimming. Other activities, including mountaineering, canoeing, rowing and skiing have also, at one point or another, formed part of the club's history."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Canoe_NC

That's exactly the game they needed to see if these guys can build some character and pull one out or learn from defeat.

I'd rather not lose to a Canoe Club. Semi-Joking.

Part of the process. You have to learn to swim before you can (beat) canoe I guess. No, I want to win them all, but a good lesson in an exhibition game isn't always a bad thing. I hope they pull out a win though.

Part of the process. You have to learn to swim before you can (beat) canoe I guess. No, I want to win them all, but a good lesson in an exhibition game isn't always a bad thing. I hope they pull out a win though.

Oh I totally agree. We don't even know the minute breakdown for the players either. Pitino started two Frosh, and for all we know he could be playing the walk-ons more.

Here's the trophy we win.

31302t.jpg

I'm glad they had to come from behind for one of them at least.

Might be an interesting year coming up - more depth and speed.

I know these games mean nothing, but winning four has to be better than losing four...

I'd bet that the minutes were spread around on this trip more than they will be during the regular season. So analyzing stats are probably not the most productive thing to do. My take away from this is that we won 4 games and in a close game, unlike last year, we didn't fall apart.

Yup

I think we agree. I am hoping for a couple of the frosh to have Andre Hollins type first years. Hollins average 8.7 points per game but was averaging about 5 points per game until about the 20th game of the year. Then he got the opportunity for more playing time and had great success. We have three young guys that have that potential this year in Murphy, McBrayer and Dorsey and they will all get playing time from the very start- because they have to. There is going to be inconsistency and that is going to lose them a few games they should win early. Overall I am more concerned about interior defense and rebounding than scoring. I think scoring comes naturally from Pitinos offense because it is a little freer and quicker allowing more instinctive play- easier for a frosh to function in, not to mention the points off turnovers.

I'd agree with your analysis...lol...just more worried about scoring when we have to...but we do have potential multiple options...so we'll see if we get an end of game go to guy.

I know these games mean nothing, but winning four has to be better than losing four...

I'd agree with that. lol Nice to come from behind to win even if it is against Canoe or maybe especially because it is. I would think we have a much better idea what to improve upon before the season begins after experiencing this trip. Hopefully, nobody pouts because they didn't play enough or don't see themselves as a part of the group going forward because they didn't score enough or play their favorite position or whatever. We don't need more roster turnover. Other than that concern, hopeful we surprise people this year.

"The club was founded in 1930 via a merger of "Club Natación Atlético" & "Canoë Club." Mr Julián López became the club's first chairman. Currently, the club hosts multiple sports facilities and teams. Though it began as a swim club, over the years the club has added a number of additional sports such diving, water polo, basketball, rugby and synchronized swimming. Other activities, including mountaineering, canoeing, rowing and skiing have also, at one point or another, formed part of the club's history." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Canoe_NC

Reusse would be proud of this type of diversification.

Top Bottom