All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

Target Christian Reeves 3 Star Center and Ranked 243 in this class is deciding tonight.

and interestingly enough....Duke picked up a cystal ball from him today.....

Target Christian Reeves 3 Star Center and Ranked 243 in this class is deciding tonight.

and interestingly enough....Duke picked up a cystal ball from him today.....
Puke! I hope that Christian had an opportunity to watch the win at Mich.

Puke! I hope that Christian had an opportunity to watch the win at Mich.
2 rivals guys saying Duke as well....would be a really odd fit all around....Duke already has 2 5-star centers signed for this class....that top 2 centers in the class by the way. And will surely reload with more 5 stars next year

2 rivals guys saying Duke as well....would be a really odd fit all around....Duke already has 2 5-star centers signed for this class....that top 2 centers in the class by the way. And will surely reload with more 5 stars next year
As builtbadger would remind us... players select a school based on a variety of factors. Let's hope that some of these factors favor the Gophers. I hate losing players to Duke. My first memory of this was Chris Carrawell back in the mid 90s. I thought Clem had him!

He announces right at tip off of the Gopher game.....I'm not so sure that's a good thing. We would be a really nice fit.....

banchero will go pro, so duke will have at least one more scholarship available. But, that means they'll have filipowski, williams, lively and maybe reeves for the 4 and 5.

Schreyer may be taking a page out of the Gopher playbook by picking up guys that will be in the program 4-5 years whose experience can tutor and supplement younger more talented players. Ben isn't the first coach to adapt a "get old" strategy. San Diego State under Dutcher did it as well, and it coincided with their nationally successful run. This guy fits perfectly into a solid four year program player who will be very valuable as a junior, even if he doesn't see the floor his first two years.

Schreyer may be taking a page out of the Gopher playbook by picking up guys that will be in the program 4-5 years whose experience can tutor and supplement younger more talented players. Ben isn't the first coach to adapt a "get old" strategy. San Diego State under Dutcher did it as well, and it coincided with their nationally successful run. This guy fits perfectly into a solid four year program player who will be very valuable as a junior, even if he doesn't see the floor his first two years.
And he will be at Duke in three years if he doesn't see the floor the first two, I kind of doubt it in this age.

He was going to be more of a developmental depth player if anything, wasn't he? I don't think this is a major recruiting blow or anything. It is a little wild that it seemed to be Minnesota, South Carolina, and a smattering of mid-majors who were interested, and all of a sudden Duke comes in.

That's fine. I want players that want to be here. If he wants playing time he can come here. If he wants to be a cheerleader he can go to duke. He picked a cheerleader. We can and will get better. Why do I want a guy who wants to go to duke to sit on the bench. Were better than this.

Hes red shirting and sounds like he is good friends with a 5* kid going there the following year. Makes sense

lol this isnt a page out of the Gophers playbook....most every school but the bluebloods are looking for 4-5 year guys...

im not blaming the kid for going to Duke.....because its Duke....of course its his decision....you know something was up as soon as he announced he was signing right out of the blue....he did not want this scholly to go away

Hard to understand the decision making in a lot of cases, Theo John leaves Marquette to play 15 minutes and average 3.8 Pts a game at Duke. Basically a journeyman at the college level. Even if Duke ends up winning the Title I don't see how that is as satisfying.

Hard to understand the decision making in a lot of cases, Theo John leaves Marquette to play 15 minutes and average 3.8 Pts a game at Duke. Basically a journeyman at the college level. Even if Duke ends up winning the Title I don't see how that is as satisfying.
Personally, I've always thought it was far more satisfying to be part of a championship team (sports, business, or otherwise) than to be the star of something not as great. I think most athletes who've won a championship will tell you it was better than individual awards they've won.

Having said that, if Duke doesn't do well, he may regret his decision a little, unless he just had his heart set on playing at Duke or in the ACC.

Personally, I've always thought it was far more satisfying to be part of a championship team (sports, business, or otherwise) than to be the star of something not as great. I think most athletes who've won a championship will tell you it was better than individual awards they've won.

Having said that, if Duke doesn't do well, he may regret his decision a little, unless he just had his heart set on playing at Duke or in the ACC.
I think that would be the case if you're part of the process. If he was a bench player who grew with the program, I get it. If you're a grad transfer, I have a hard time believing that is satisfying.

In this era- he doesn't have to regret it for long. He just transfers. In the world of free agency he can shoot the moon as an insurance policy recruit for Duke and if he can't compete there for minutes, he goes elsewhere. Duke is now free to recruit the high end guys for the one and done and the next tier guys just in case... It's not good for college basketball, but it is the state of the game.

Even if you're not a starter, you're pushing the starters in practice, getting them better and getting them ready.

Rowan Brumbaugh just decommited from NW. I want to say we were among the first to offer before he blew up? We weren't in the final 6 and I'm assuming some of the heavy hitters are in on him but thought it was interesting

Top Bottom