All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

several gophers pursuits (dunn, byrd, pierre) not signed along with several local players (ahjany, prince, kendall, DJ)

if you're 100% committed, wouldn't you have signed the NLI? not signed = still in play?

Is that important? I just watched his highlight video and he didn't miss a single shot.

/s I feel like shooting is one thing that never really "develops".
Did you ever watch Eric Harris when he arrived at the U? One of the ugliest jump shots i've ever seen....in the end, he become a threat offensively, and became the point guard to lead us to the final four.

Did you ever watch Eric Harris when he arrived at the U? One of the ugliest jump shots i've ever seen....in the end, he become a threat offensively, and became the point guard to lead us to the final four.
I did and those Gopher teams were what made me into a fan -- but I was in middle school and definitely did not notice that development.

My enduring memory from those teams was Bobby Jackson (wow he was special to middle school me), Sam Jacobson, Quincy Lewis, Trevor Winter, John Thomas, and Courtney James.

Last edited:

several gophers pursuits (dunn, byrd, pierre) not signed along with several local players (ahjany, prince, kendall, DJ)

if you're 100% committed, wouldn't you have signed the NLI? not signed = still in play?

Sounds to me like they are waiting for a better offer, I doubt any of them end up where they have commited to, spring signing I would guess.

Is that important? I just watched his highlight video and he didn't miss a single shot.

/s I feel like shooting is one thing that never really "develops".
You should see my highlight video! I dont miss a shot either. How many highlight videos do you see where they miss 8 out of 10 lol

Where are you seeing this? Pierre signed with Providence:

Ah
Where are you seeing this? Pierre signed with Providence:

ahhh, I was going by data in 247sports. looks like 247 isn’t up to date

Watched Nnaji for a half against Orono. Bunch of boards, couple dunks and 3 pointers. Sloppy half by both teams. To be expected in the first game.
Hopkins does give minutes to a 5'10" 8th grader, Jayden Moore
Heard that Hopkins won by about 20

Last edited:

Watched Nnaji for a half against Orono. Bunch of boards, couple dunks and 3 pointers. Sloppy half by both teams. To be expected in the first game.
Is Elvis still uncommitted? If yes, why? Grades? Holding out for better offers? Want to see if Ben is as good a coach as he was hoping?
Txs.

Last edited:

Why isn’t Pharrel Payne playing? He has missed Park’s first two games.

inquiring minds want to know,

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Minnesota Recruiting Guests expected for tonight&#39;s Minnesota vs Michigan State game..<br><br>Pharrel Payne of Park of CG<br>Braeden Carrington of Park Center<br>Nolan Winter of Lakeville North<br>Jack Robison of Lakeville North <a href="https://t.co/OsAFU3iJf8">pic.twitter.com/OsAFU3iJf8</a></p>&mdash; Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="">December 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Moore an early gopher target

Very cool. Does this happen often? Guys going to committed players HS games? Also....is there a reason why RJ didn't mention Battle?
im sure a number of reasons....maybe battle hadnt been there yet....maybe he was but RJ didnt notice him....maybe he was taking a s!!t....wouldnt read anything into that

Top Bottom