All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

Yes big time. Gets after it on D and a competitor. Good athlete some size. I would take him maybe he becomes a good backup point guard for 4 years… nothing wrong with that. I know he has been to UST a couple times.

Yes big time. Gets after it on D and a competitor. Good athlete some size. I would take him maybe he becomes a good backup point guard for 4 years… nothing wrong with that. I know he has been to UST a couple times.
Over Dodd?

I love Dodd. He can score plays unselfish he is a good player. I am surprised he does not have more offers. Dodd is crafty and can finish. Tough choice!
Dodd is a good player but his shot is broken. Needs a total adjustment. Wilson’s shot looks like he could become a consistent shooter… I would take my chances with Wilson over Dodd as it pertains to a developmental guard in the Big Ten. But if I want someone to run my team at UST or NDSU I’d take Dodd.

Dodd is a good player but his shot is broken. Needs a total adjustment. Wilson’s shot looks like he could become a consistent shooter… I would take my chances with Wilson over Dodd as it pertains to a developmental guard in the Big Ten. But if I want someone to run my team at UST or NDSU I’d take Dodd.
I completely agree with this assessment of these two. I think there is a better chance Wilson turns into a productive guard in the Big Ten. As others have said, he defends, he's tough, and he seems to look like he can shoot.

Dodd is intriguing though. I think he is a more explosive athlete, he seems to be a pest (more active) and the PG position just seems to come more natural to him. I think I'd gamble on Dodd, especially because no one expects us to be good for a couple of years.

If you have shooting issues as a guard you better be able to run a team and lead.

I mean, if you can't trust NorthPolarhoops to give an unbiased assessment, who can you trust?? ;)
Willie's biggest issue is he's been the same player since the 10th grade. However, his high school coach turned out D1 and Gopher players left and right when he was at Patrick Henry, so I know he's had good coaching. I would be okay with taking him, if he understands what his role is and that he may turn into a productive player off the bench as an upperclassmen, but we have to get a transfer PG in the spring to go with it.

Willie's biggest issue is he's been the same player since the 10th grade. However, his high school coach turned out D1 and Gopher players left and right when he was at Patrick Henry, so I know he's had good coaching. I would be okay with taking him, if he understands what his role is and that he may turn into a productive player off the bench as an upperclassmen, but we have to get a transfer PG in the spring to go with it.
But he's one of the most unrated players!

He's so unrated ... he's unrated!

;)

unless he truly blows up, but I don’t think that’ll happen

That dude is really not that good idk why we would offer him
If you haven’t ignored Spaulding yet then you would understand he has a real soft spot for him. Has pushed the same post many times in multiple threads.

Hopefully gophers continue their success, cant hurt for the spring recruiting period

per Shooter:

The University of St. Thomas 2022 men’s basketball recruiting class is No. 54 among all Division I programs by the credible Rivals.com rankings. Tied with the Tommies at No. 54? The Gophers.

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

The University of St. Thomas 2022 men’s basketball recruiting class is No. 54 among all Division I programs by the credible Rivals.com rankings. Tied with the Tommies at No. 54? The Gophers.

Go Gophers!!
Tells you all you need to know about the recruiting ranking sites.

Tells you all you need to know about the recruiting ranking sites.
Rivals officially went in shitter when Bossi left, no reason to pay attention to them anymore. Tommies have a nice class with Lee, Blue and Bjorke, but it's maybe a top 100 class at best. Lee and Blue were overrated early and never developed into the high major guys they were suppose too, but kudos to the Tommies for building those relationships and being the fall back option.

Top Bottom