All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

He got a crystal ball from a reliable analyst. Perhaps that is why CBJ went down to New York, so he could give his last pitch.

He got a crystal ball from a reliable analyst. Perhaps that is why CBJ went down to New York, so he could give his last pitch.

Unless that analyst speaks to each player...or someone in their "bubbles" before making a prediction....then all this means is that this guy is good at guessing.

Pierre might very well be gone....but let's be honest....predictions aren't commitments.

Unless that analyst speaks to each player...or someone in their "bubbles" before making a prediction....then all this means is that this guy is good at guessing.

Pierre might very well be gone....but let's be honest....predictions aren't commitments.
This is very true

I think I just wrongly thought he was a strong MN lean

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitu...and-Lutheran-253540/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Now has two balls for Providence.

First guy "guesses" at a rate of 29 out of 31 for class of 2022 so far, other guy "guesses" at a rate of 33 out of 34 for class of 2022 so far.

You really think they are guessing?

They've been told off-the-record that Pierre has selected Providence, and is just waiting for the announcement video to make it public - is my guess.

They don't put their balls out there until it's a done deal, is how these guys operate.

They've been told off-the-record that Pierre has selected Providence, and is just waiting for the announcement video to make it public - is my guess.

They don't put their balls out there until it's a done deal, is how these guys operate.
I don’t know a ton about this, however, I do recall it was acceptable to switch. Including up to commitment day. Which is why the stats are always so good.

If I recall correctly, a poster on here actually showed it happening.

Statistically speaking the chances of both being wrong based on the stated sample history is 0.187%. Let us move on to the next prospect.
I’m sure that number is based on what the predictions were at the time of the commitment. He could announce he’s committing somewhere in a week and they could change their predictions before then based on new intel/gut feelings. Idk where he’s going, but that stat doesn’t apply here.

I put my balls out there once before it was a done deal, and it didn't end well 😳

Would sacrifice not getting Pierre if that opens things up for Chatman in 2023.

Maybe they mixed up St Mary's and Minnesota? Probably happens

Well ... either something changed, or someone made a mistake.

This Aug 21 article https://247sports.com/Article/Four-...as-a-top-eight-and-visits-in-place-169445619/ from Bossi says:

Byrd has already been to Santa Clara officially and has spent a lot of time on the campus of Pacific where his father Calvin was an assistant coach. He’ll see Colorado State next week, San Diego State over Labor Day, Washington on September 18th and then Minnesota on the weekend of September 25th. He broke down each of his finalists.

While this Sept 21 article https://247sports.com/Article/Washi...ter-officially-visiting-Washington-171465527/ from Chris Fetters says:

The official visit was the third for Byrd, who will make his last official visit this coming weekend to Saint Mary's. Byrd has already been to San Diego State (September 3) and Colorado State (August 27). It sounds like Byrd plans on making his final decision before the end of October so he can sign with a school during the mid-year signing period.

Top Bottom