All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

At one point I was really confident about him coming to MN, but now im getting nervous. He is such an important piece for this class. I really hope we get some good news soon.
Yep. While getting Dunn would have been great, getting a point guard of the quality of Pierre is the key to this class. That is the weakest link in our roster going forward, until we sign a good PG.

247 has Dunn officially committed to Virginia. Pierre is visiting Providence today; Byrd is visiting U of Washington today.
Can we make it to Monday still having a chance at either of our two remaining targets?
Byrd we have a very good shot if Nova doesn't get involved

Where is our bagman?? Send in The Norwegian!

wade-gustafson.png

"Now look -- heck 85 here is a good deal! It's the best deal you're gonna get, ya know!"

Crystal ball from a Travis Branham who has been pretty accurate with his predictions. Most of his predictions are followed by a commitment a day or 2 later 😥

Does anyone know how Byrd's visit to Washington went? Can't think we would be more attractive without a dynamic PG.

That would be a bummer. Has a bad feeling when he went through with the Providence visit.

At this point, if Pierre goes to Providence, I have to assume they sit on that lead guard spot until spring and work on the transfer portal. Really hate kicking the can down the road again though. Tough to have two classes in a row with no lead guard recruit but many of their back up options to Tre have committed to other schools.

Taison Chatman - Come on down. It’s truly all yours now.

Too late to try to get in on Desmond Claude? OV setup to Rutgers, Marquette, Xavier.

https://247sports.com/Article/Baske...s-Marquette-Xavier-Desmond-Claude--171058090/

While class of 2022 point guard Desmond Claude’s recruitment remains 100% open, he has three official visits set up to Marquette, Xavier, and Rutgers. As of right now Claude isn't ready to narrow down a list as other schools begin to enter the mix.

“I will probably make a list cut but as of right now I'm not cutting it yet,” he said. “We need to do more research and take visits. So far I've already taken visits to BU and BC early on and an unofficial to Rutgers. There's a couple schools who have reached out too like Georgia.”

“I might be making a decision around November or December .”

What's the odds of getting a recruit if he doesn't commit during a visit?

If Pierre already committed before Johnson made the flight to NY, that would be pretty messed up to have him come all the way there just to tell him you're going to Providence.
I doubt he has committed to Providence as of today. Ben going to NY to see him could have been planned with Pierre coming off his visit to Providence, or is a last ditch effort by Ben to get him to reconsider before officially committing.

This one stings a little bit if we miss. Really bad feeling about it since Branham is really accurate with his crystal balls.

It’s interesting because Pierre was so much more active on social media about the MN visit than he was with the Providence visit. I guess it just proves that you really just can’t put any stock into social media.

This one stings a little bit if we miss. Really bad feeling about it since Branham is really accurate with his crystal balls.

It’s interesting because Pierre was so much more active on social media about the MN visit than he was with the Providence visit. I guess it just proves that you really just can’t put any stock into social media.
Hope u enjoy the delicious irony of your comments.

Last edited:

well that would really stink....and frankly shock me

try to get back in the Claude race....
is it too late for Taison to reclassify 2 classes ahead? ha.....

I doubt he has committed to Providence as of today. Ben going to NY to see him could have been planned with Pierre coming off his visit to Providence, or is a last ditch effort by Ben to get him to reconsider before officially committing.
Bolded :(

I mean they have to try to get Claude now, right? He's practically begging for more schools than those three to come in last second, with those comments.

Wait....did he actually commit yet....or are people just assuming? 247 doesn't show anything.

Top Bottom