All Things Gophers Basketball Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread

It appears that MN has its head on straight and is no longer recruiting the same kids as WI. Gotta go the Baylor route and embarrass those schools who think it is 1957. See Gonzaga 2020
Usually ignore your takes since they're often troll posts but actually agree with this. Baylor's style of recruiting is something I can get with.

Lots of wing players on the team that can guard 1-4 and aggressive backcourts that can shoot the ball and get after it on defense. 8-9 kid rotation position-less basketball.

Am I crazy for thinking that all this celebration for some 3 stars is a bit.... Over the top? Pitino was bringing in 3-4 stars every year. Who cares where they're from... We're still missing on the key prospects in the state.

Secondly, all the fans of the program are celebrating Johnson's hire because of these signings. Let's hold off a bit until, you know, he starts coaching.

Idk, just seems like he's getting celebrated for some pretty minor achievements before the real challenges begin.
It’s okay to criticize and not okay to praise? Got it.

Usually ignore your takes since they're often troll posts but actually agree with this. Baylor's style of recruiting is something I can get with.

Lots of wing players on the team that can guard 1-4 and aggressive backcourts that can shoot the ball and get after it on defense. 8-9 kid rotation position-less basketball.
I agree with your take 100% but that isn't what Spaulding is referring to.

Pierre broke down each option with 247Sports.

Florida: “They offered my freshman year, they're in a great conference (SEC) and I know a couple guys that went there. I've seen guys like Tre Mann go there evolve over time as a player which stands out. They just really let their guards go so that's cool.”

Xavier: “I talk with the coaches and they express how they need a point guard. They have a bunch of talented guys but need somebody who can be the head of the team and be ready to go on day one.”

“Coach Dante Jackson and Travis Steele are recruiting me and they're great guys. When I talk with them on zoom they're energetic and seem like they are very interested and want me there. They're good people and I want to see more when I go on my visit.”

Minnesota: “I speak with them everyday. Both Marcus Jenkins and Ben Johnson. Their message has been that there is opportunity there. They have a guard there now who's a senior. They got three guys committed in the class and I have the opportunity to play right away in one of the best conferences in college basketball. They feel like I can thrive there.”

Providence: “The history of guards is great over there. Coach Jeff Battle is my lead recruiter and he's coached guys like Chris Paul, Jeff Teague and Ish Smith and a bunch of NBA guys so he knows what it takes to get to the next level.”

Go Gophers!!

Yeah I realized that a little too late. It's all good though, still stand by what I said.
Yeah, I actually agree 100% with what you wrote. I think we'll see that style a bit next year (whether or not it's by choice or not, IDK).

Me too! (I know JOJ just said yes a couple of days ago, but sure wish he was going to be there also with Carrington and Payne.)

I wish I was going to be there with those guys too....unfortunately we have an open house at our school tonight....

I dont really have a reason but I really want Nolan Winter! I suppose combination of legacy recruit, versatile big, and I don't want Wisc to get him ha

I kind of think we have a good shot with him....and I would love him also....

Florida: “They offered my freshman year, they're in a great conference (SEC) and I know a couple guys that went there. I've seen guys like Tre Mann go there evolve over time as a player which stands out. They just really let their guards go so that's cool.”

Xavier: “I talk with the coaches and they express how they need a point guard. They have a bunch of talented guys but need somebody who can be the head of the team and be ready to go on day one.”

“Coach Dante Jackson and Travis Steele are recruiting me and they're great guys. When I talk with them on zoom they're energetic and seem like they are very interested and want me there. They're good people and I want to see more when I go on my visit.”

Minnesota: “I speak with them everyday. Both Marcus Jenkins and Ben Johnson. Their message has been that there is opportunity there. They have a guard there now who's a senior. They got three guys committed in the class and I have the opportunity to play right away in one of the best conferences in college basketball. They feel like I can thrive there.”

Providence: “The history of guards is great over there. Coach Jeff Battle is my lead recruiter and he's coached guys like Chris Paul, Jeff Teague and Ish Smith and a bunch of NBA guys so he knows what it takes to get to the next level.”

Go Gophers!!
From this write-up, I'm wondering if his Florida offer is still commitable/active? Freshman year is lifetimes ago in recruiting and I don't see him talk about his conversations with the coaches like he does in other answers.

Go Gophers!!
Thanks for posting, Bleed.

I'm interested to see what the recruits thought about the game last night. I know they all say the visit was great, but that crowd last night didn't disappoint and the game wasn't embarrassing by any means (well maybe for the refs)

Not an expert. That's why I'm on here listening to you guys (obviously questionable judgment)!
I also follow free info on 247--and I am aware that things can change in a hurry and the labels they use are lagging indicators.
However, Providence already has a committed PG in his JP's class and 247 has him categorized as 'Scout Look' by ALL THREE other schools he mentions--whereas 247 says that Minnesota has him zeroed in as a 'Top Target'.
Additionally, among the other four schools about which Ryan Dunn feels 'Warm'ly, two already have a committed SF and 247 suggests that ALL FOUR are giving him merely a 'Scout Look'. Like Jayden Pierre, we have Ryan Dunn as a 'Top Target'.
I do my best to shy away from optimism for fear of crushing disappointment... but...

GET 'EM BEN!!! GET 'EM; GET 'EM; GET 'EM!!!

As i posted earlier, Dunn is in play. Those close to him say UVA can have him but it appears they have moved on as they have filled wings with Mckeely and Bond. OSU is a threat.
Lots of retweets of Jayden Pierre. Any connection there between the two?

Top Bottom