All Things Gophers at North Carolina Road Game Thread (Tips for Flights, Hotels, Bars, Restaurants, Game Tickets & More)

A childhood (Rochester kids) buddy and I are staying with a 3rd Rochester guy who lives walking distance from the stadium. No specifics yet but I am sure that we will be on Franklin Street and drinking both Friday and Sat nights. The more I read about UNC the more uneasy about the game I become. Everyone knows that their QB is supposed to be some hot stuff, so our defense will be in for a nasty test. I'm glad that this is not the 1st game of the season. Go Gophers!
We grew up in Big 9 country where every conference game was a test with maybe exception of Albert Lea. Same with Gophers and B1G. The defense will hold up enough and Carolinas defense is terrible.

Has anyone looked into best tailgate lots and if you need to buy in advance or not?

Has anyone looked into best tailgate lots and if you need to buy in advance or not?
You don't have to, but you can in some lots. Pre-pay is here and I don't think you need to give a license plate as someone mentioned earlier, but I could be wrong. I'm looking at the Manning lot as it's not too far from the stadium.

We’re in the Manning lot. We’re traveling by car from Seattle and don’t have any tailgate equipment with. We can bring food, beer and cheers.

We’re in the Manning lot. We’re traveling by car from Seattle and don’t have any tailgate equipment with. We can bring food, beer and cheers.
Oh my, that's commitment.

Oh my, that's commitment.
We made a nice trip out of it. Went to the Gopher opener vs Nebraska and the Minnesota State Fair, and visited friends family, then on to Gatlinburg TN and now we’re in Charlotte visiting. Next to Roanoke for hiking, then on to Chapel Hill.

Looking forward to a great day at the UNC game.

We will be in the Manning lot as well driving down from DC with my kids for their first college football experience (10, 8, and 6). I will be bringing my small grill, folding table, cooler, etc. It won't be a spectacular tailgate, but we welcome others to help make it ELITE. Last year we had a great time at Penn St for the White Out. I'll have my flags up! American on top, Row the Boat below it.IMG_1611.jpeg

We will be in the Manning lot as well driving down from DC with my kids for their first college football experience (10, 8, and 6). I will be bringing my small grill, folding table, cooler, etc. It won't be a spectacular tailgate, but we welcome others to help make it ELITE. Last year we had a great time at Penn St for the White Out. I'll have my flags up! American on top, Row the Boat below it.View attachment 26805
Looks like you’re all set for a fun tailgate. We’ll see you there!

any official u gatherings the u is putting on in chapel hill?

I waited to buy parking and Manning is full so we will have a group in the 440 lot on Rosemary, right off of Franklin.

I waited to buy parking and Manning is full so we will have a group in the 440 lot on Rosemary, right off of Franklin.
I have a reservation too in the 440 lot on Rosemary. The lot apparently opens at 8:00am EST. When is your group planning to arrive? Apparently they have attendants so i hope they don't oversell and a reservation is a true reservation.

I have a reservation too in the 440 lot on Rosemary. The lot apparently opens at 8:00am EST. When is your group planning to arrive? Apparently they have attendants so i hope they don't oversell and a reservation is a true reservation.
We should get there by noon and we got 2 spots. I feel confident they don't oversell with several lots showing as sold out.

Official Gopher Pregame Tailgate Party​

*Ticket prices are subject to change until added to the cart.
All applicable sales taxes included in the price of the ticket.

Join Gopher Athletics at the Official Pregame Tailgate Party prior to the Gopher Football matchup with North Carolina! Gopher Athletics is hosting an all-inclusive tailgate party outside Kenan Memorial Stadium at Gate 6. This event will include a traditional tailgate menu as well as an open bar (beer and wine). There will also be appearances by University VIP's as well as members of the University of Minnesota Spirit Squad!
Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
Time: 12:00pm-3:00pm ET
Location: Outside Kenan Memorial Stadium at Gate 6 (104 Stadium Dr., Chapel Hill, NC 27514) - located on the southwest side of the stadium

Go Gophers!!

We plan to golf on Friday.
We are golfing at the Preserve Jordan Lake on Friday during the two first 2 pm tee times if anyone want to join. Have a couple of spots open in each. If you haven't already booked feel free to join. Looks like a nice course, wide open tee times and reasonably priced.

Thursday- Golfing likely 36 at Grandover in Greensboro.

Im driving up from Charlotte with the family and I waited too long to buy my pass too. Where did you buy your pad from? I can find that 440 lot online, but I can’t see where I can pay for a spot, if there’s any left. Thanks

Im driving up from Charlotte with the family and I waited too long to buy my pass too. Where did you buy your pad from? I can find that 440 lot online, but I can’t see where I can pay for a spot, if there’s any left. Thanks
There are two 440 lots...440 North and 440 South. 440 North was still available when I purchased my reserved spot on 9/7/23. Its possible pre paid reservations are no longer being taken. I would call Park Mobile or UNC's Parking and Transportation area to confirm that spots are sold out at both the 440 North and 440 South locations. Its about a twenty minute walk to Kenn from either location..

Check out the Doris Duke Gardens while you are in town. They are pretty spectacular.

Official Gopher Pregame Tailgate Party​

*Ticket prices are subject to change until added to the cart.
All applicable sales taxes included in the price of the ticket.

Join Gopher Athletics at the Official Pregame Tailgate Party prior to the Gopher Football matchup with North Carolina! Gopher Athletics is hosting an all-inclusive tailgate party outside Kenan Memorial Stadium at Gate 6. This event will include a traditional tailgate menu as well as an open bar (beer and wine). There will also be appearances by University VIP's as well as members of the University of Minnesota Spirit Squad!
Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
Time: 12:00pm-3:00pm ET
Location: Outside Kenan Memorial Stadium at Gate 6 (104 Stadium Dr., Chapel Hill, NC 27514) - located on the southwest side of the stadium

Go Gophers!!
$125 per person. They're actively trying to keep rabble like my wife and me away from there.

This is the link for pre-pay and most is sold out - https://app.parkmobile.io/venues/kenan-memorial-stadium/events/183239. This has all parking information, there will be lots to pay when you arrive - https://move.unc.edu/events/football/.

I'm going to the game this weekend and wondering if anyone knows the spots to hit. Restaurants, attractions, landmarks, bars, etc.

After spending on Bloomington reserved airport parking for four days, round trip plane tickets, baggage fees, two nights in a hotel, meals/booze, and reserved UNC parking pass, you would think the the U could have afforded and booked a place like Brewsky's in Lincoln (last year's reception site for the Nebby game) in Chapel Hill. BUT $125/individual for a three hour gathering on the UNC side of Kenan is more in order.

I'm going to the game this weekend and wondering if anyone knows the spots to hit. Restaurants, attractions, landmarks, bars, etc.

I'll be in that area in October so will also be glad to hear what people have to say.

We will be in the Manning lot as well driving down from DC with my kids for their first college football experience (10, 8, and 6). I will be bringing my small grill, folding table, cooler, etc. It won't be a spectacular tailgate, but we welcome others to help make it ELITE. Last year we had a great time at Penn St for the White Out. I'll have my flags up! American on top, Row the Boat below it.View attachment 26805
We may have 9. What can we bring :)?

Top Bottom