All Things Gophers at North Carolina Road Game Thread (Tips for Flights, Hotels, Bars, Restaurants, Game Tickets & More)

Just booked my flight and got tickets for me and a buddy in a lower level visitors section off SH. If anyone has the inside track on a reasonably priced round of golf on Sunday and wouldn't mind a couple Gopher fans joining you lemme know :)
We are golfing Thursday/Friday. Leaving on Sunday. Bummer.

I wrote Gopher Athletics this morning. They responded that mobile tickets will be used and ticket holders will receive an email approximately three weeks before the game. Also, Visitor seating on Visitor side is 100/101/102, 200/201/202, 210/211/212. On Carolina side, Visitor seating is 219/231.

Got mine from the U, so won't know until a couple weeks before, but assuming we will be in 100/101/102.
This is why I just bought from Seat Geek. Didn’t want to risk being in the top corner of the upper deck.

Did someone say something about a brewery?

This is why I just bought from Seat Geek. Didn’t want to risk being in the top corner of the upper deck.

Did someone say something about a brewery?
That was me on the breweries too...there's 3-4 just west/northwest of the campus along East Franklin (where all the bar/restaurants are) within walking distance to the stadium.

That was me on the breweries too...there's 3-4 just west/northwest of the campus along East Franklin (where all the bar/restaurants are) within walking distance to the stadium.
Sweet! Excited about this one and look fwd to hopefully meeting up with some GHers!

For those Gopherholers where $$$$ is no concern look up the Angus Barn restaurant in Raleigh for a Chapel Hill visit dinner. Raleigh's version of Manny's with a broader menu. Beautiful site too
That is one great restaurant!! I had two daughters living in the area for awhile; now only one. I and my bride will be there with family from Wake Forest and Ohio!

Who is making the trip to Chapel Hill for the UNC game?

Where is everyone staying? Is there a Gopher Tailgate planned?

Yes, TBD, no clue.

The alumni association usually does something for away games, but I don't know the details. I also don't remember if you have to pay to go to those or not. However, this is also dependent, I think, on how much alumni presence there is in a given city since I believe they lean on local alumni association chapters.

We will be at the SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, Tailgating in the Manning Lot.

Who is making the trip to Chapel Hill for the UNC game?

Where is everyone staying? Is there a Gopher Tailgate planned?
There is an All Things North Carolina Trip thread that probably needs to be bumped. However; Hyatt Suites in Chapel Hill for 5 of us and the other 4 are Mariott I think in Durham. Golfing Friday in the area. Heard about maybe some breweries/restaurants in the other thread which I had not considered before. May have to check out Manning Lot from the poster above.

That is one great restaurant!! I had two daughters living in the area for awhile; now only one. I and my bride will be there with family from Wake Forest and Ohio!
I have a reservation on Friday night before the game. Reservation made back in February.

Group of 6 going! Staying in Raleigh at the Stateview Hotel. Would love to meet up prior to the game at a pub

We’re driving in from Roanoke in the morning. Would love to find a Gopher tailgate.

I spoke to the UNC Parking people today. The Manning lot opens at 9:00am EST on game day. Pre-paid reserved parking requires the license # of the car entering the lot, so if a GHer is renting a car, like I am on the Friday mid day after landing at RDU, you need to register after you get the rental car's plate number. There is no assurance that a reserved spot will be available that close to the game. If people are driving in from VA, NC, SC, GA etc you can register starting yesterday using your state's plate # Also, non reserved public parking in the downtown area is on a first come first serve basis and requires a credit card. PP will not accept a debit card..

Was all excited to go to this game and instead the wife and I are going to take a trip to Iceland the following week so her vacation time off goes for that trip instead of going to NC for this game, which sadly in the long run I think is going to be a much more fulfilling trip. Hope everyone has a fantastic time :)

Staying In Raleigh the first night (Thursday) with wife and single son. Going to a BBQ spot with very good reviews. Next 2 nights in Chapel Hill at the Sheraton. Son and I love raw Oysters and this will be our focus day 2. Looking at E Frankiln St for pre game. City transportation looks great to and from the Stadium. Please PMW post a spot to meet are group would love to meet you!

Was all excited to go to this game and instead the wife and I are going to take a trip to Iceland the following week so her vacation time off goes for that trip instead of going to NC for this game, which sadly in the long run I think is going to be a much more fulfilling trip. Hope everyone has a fantastic time :)

1Was all excited to go to this game and instead the wife and I are going to take a trip to Iceland the following week so her vacation time off goes for that trip instead of going to NC for this game, which sadly in the long run I think is going to be a much more fulfilling trip. Hope everyone has a fantastic time :)
🇮🇸 is magical! You will love it! We were on the first plane of tourists allowed back into the country when Iceland was the first European country to reopen its borders in May 2021 post pandemic. One of the most beautiful landscapes i have ever seen! And the people are great! Very hospitable, welcoming and genuine with their love of sharing their homeland! And the weather in Iceland will be much more pleasant September 2 than in balmy Chapel Hill! Ha ha! And , of course, i am secretly hoping and Iceland visit will help comfortva Gopher loss!! Just teasing! Have a great trip!

We live outside of Raleigh and have some friends coming for the game. I'm not familiar with tailgating at UNC games but the 440 lot is also pre-pay and is off Franklin street. It's a longer walk to the game but it's closer to breweries, restaurants, etc. for before and after the game. Here's the link to purchase, in the details it says they open at 8 AM. https://app.parkmobile.io/venues/kenan-memorial-stadium/events/183239

A childhood (Rochester kids) buddy and I are staying with a 3rd Rochester guy who lives walking distance from the stadium. No specifics yet but I am sure that we will be on Franklin Street and drinking both Friday and Sat nights. The more I read about UNC the more uneasy about the game I become. Everyone knows that their QB is supposed to be some hot stuff, so our defense will be in for a nasty test. I'm glad that this is not the 1st game of the season. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom