All Things Gophers at North Carolina Road Game Thread (Tips for Flights, Hotels, Bars, Restaurants, Game Tickets & More)

The Minnesota East River Flats Chapter of Tailgaters (commonly known as MERFCOT) will be at the Manning Lot at 8:00am. We'll have a full tailgate setup (Minnesota tent, Blackstone, etc) with breakfast and lunch. Expecting 40-50, so swing on by! We'll have some extra food for both meals until gone (french toast breakfast, taco feed for lunch are the current plans). Cash is king, and BYOB!

We also have seven extra tickets available in our group, so if you have any extra people that don't have tickets, let me know! We are adjacent to the Gopher section. $55 OBO, with the tailgate!

Last edited:

It's been years since I've been to North Carolina, but the Chapel Hill campus is beautiful as is the Duke campus. If you're just bouncing around, they are worth a walk-through.

Great food down there as well.

I'm going to the game this weekend and wondering if anyone knows the spots to hit. Restaurants, attractions, landmarks, bars, etc.
I haven't been to Chapel Hill many times, but He's Not Here (named for Michael Jordan) is fun and Top of the Hill has good food. Campus is beautiful.

A lot of maroon and gold at the airport today.
I'm flying in late tomorrow, coming from WA though so no idea if I'll see any Maroon and Gold on the way out.

Beavcoon in the Room!
Beavcoon and kin heading to Franklin Street
To a restaurant on Top of The Hill.
Stop on by for that's where we'll meet.
- Beavcoon

Beavcoon in the Room!
Beavcoon and kin heading to Franklin Street
To a restaurant on Top of The Hill.
Stop on by for that's where we'll meet.
- Beavcoon
A chance to meet Beavcoon in person? That's very tempting....

The Minnesota East River Flats Chapter of Tailgaters (commonly known as MERFCOT) will be at the Manning Lot at 8:00am. We'll have a full tailgate setup (Minnesota tent, Blackstone, etc) with breakfast and lunch. Expecting 40-50, so swing on by! We'll have some extra food for both meals until gone (french toast breakfast, taco feed for lunch are the current plans). Cash is king, and BYOB!

We also have seven extra tickets available in our group, so if you have any extra people that don't have tickets, let me know! We are adjacent to the Gopher section. $55 OBO, with the tailgate!
I’m in the Manning Lot. Where are you?

Nice meeting you folks! I was introduced to "Stepper" and she was was a gracious hostess. Wish that the game had been better. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom