All Things Gopher Baseball

So what do u hear from Minni baseball this Fall.

who looks good to you?!

You sound like a father of one of the kids that got cut. Welcome to the big list of players cut from a ball club. It's the nature of the game.
Not when you were told and promised things from a program that hasnt cut a player in 40 years.

Not when you were told and promised things from a program that hasnt cut a player in 40 years.
I saw it happen just like that at the high school level. A new coach came in and implemented cuts where none had ever been. Many kids...and parents were effected. You just have to live with it and move on.

I saw it happen just like that at the high school level. A new coach came in and implemented cuts where none had ever been. Many kids...and parents were effected. You just have to live with it and move on.

What happened to: Zack Elliot, Drake Davis, Will Anderson, Jamroziak, Gus Radel, and Bennett Theisen?

who graduated? who transferred?

I saw it fhappen just like that at the high school level. A new coach came in and implemented cuts where none had ever been. Many kids...and parents were effected. You just have to live with it and move on.
Will move on obviously but with 65 years of family bleeding maroon and gold, wont happen fast.

Will move on obviously but with 65 years of family bleeding maroon and gold, wont happen fast.
Understood. My kid dropped his glove after a cut that was purely political. It's hard, as a parent, to watch. 5 years later, he finally picked it up because of some former college buddies urging him on.

Any news on the 2022 schedule?
Would think the full schedule would be released soon. Believe they open at Florida Atlantic and then are in Florida the second week too facing the Twins in an exhibition and not sure who else.

Would think the full schedule would be released soon. Believe they open at Florida Atlantic and then are in Florida the second week too facing the Twins in an exhibition and not sure who else.
Rumor in Corvallis, OR is that they will be at Oregon State’s tournament in Surprise, AZ.

Rumor in Corvallis, OR is that they will be at Oregon State’s tournament in Surprise, AZ.
Hadn't heard that one. Notre Dame, Kansas, and West Virginia should be the challenge at U.S. Bank this year. Also pretty sure they were heading to Creighton for a series.

Anyone have insight into how this class stacks up?
Very good class. Between this class that is gonna be freshman this spring and the guys that just signed I expect a number to contribute early on. Beat out some pretty solid programs for a number of guys according to the article.

A few confirmed non-conf games (all home):

Mar 8: North Dakota State
Mar 11-13: Air Force
Apr 5: North Dakota State

I think Gopher will be good. We will know a lot after 2 weeks in Florida!!

They can’t be worse than last year. I think the conference will likely be won by Nebraska
Nebraska should be solid but they lost a lot. I think it could be a pretty wide open conference this year. Maryland is a team I could see towards the top. I believe the Gophers miss Maryland, Illinois, Ohio State, and Purdue in conference play this year so that sets up pretty nicely as well with 3 usually good teams in that group.

Top Bottom