All Things Eric Curry Update Thread

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
Thought he deserved his own thread. This would be a HUGE get! Would love to have Hurt, Coffey, and Curry already locked up going into the spring recruiting period.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Preach, Amir!

Hard to see him going to ISU with Hoiberg out. Think Gophers have a realistic shot here, especially with Coffey locked up now.

Man it would be incredible to get Curry and Coffey in the same week. Those two + Hurt would really be a great trio.

I did see Curry his mom and the entire coaching staff at the Commons Hotel the weekend of the TCU game. Practically ran right into Pitino before I knew who it was. He looked like he was having a good time. This would be an awesome class and an exciting future for Gopher Basketball.

Could see him choose to stay home, but I'm hopeful.

He isn't from Arkansas. He moved down their a couple of years ago from the Memphis area. Also, there is a good chance his mom and little sister moves to be closer to Eric wherever he chooses to go. That is according to Ryan James.

need to break out an Iverson "practice" rant right about now

"Now in basketball, Eric Curry with an official visit. Is that accurate?"

"Yea. He and his mom visited this weekend. He's a 6-8, 6-9, 210 pound power forward from Little Rock Christian Academy, and had a really good visit. He will make his decision sometime time week. He will decide from Arkansas, Minnesota or Iowa State. And talking to him. The things you hear about Arkansas Basketball, the practice facility is always brought up and that's something that really blew him away. He's looking for a good coaching staff that he feels comfortable with and I think Arkansas provides that, but we will see later this week about his decision."

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/spor...eral-big-recruits-razorback-recruiting-report

Preach, Amir!

. Are Coffey and he good friends, and someone also posted Minn landing Coffey improves our chances? How is that so?

I did see Curry his mom and the entire coaching staff at the Commons Hotel the weekend of the TCU game. Practically ran right into Pitino before I knew who it was. He looked like he was having a good time. This would be an awesome class and an exciting future for Gopher Basketball.

I was there that morning too and it looked like the Currys and Coffeys were enjoying themselves. Clearly the food was good enough for Amir.

I thought there was more to the friendship than them just visiting together. Didn't they at least play at camps together or something? I thought they've known each other for a while. Maybe I'm just making that up. Anyone know?

He would be a huge get! and close out the remaining scholarships nicely!

Curry's Mom LOVED-LOVED-LOVED the visit to the U! She was even tweeting Gopher related stuff while they were on the ISU visit. One thing to keep in mind. Momma Curry is going to move to wherever Eric plays hoops. Momma is a nurse & said she loved all the career opportunity's for her in the TC. Just guessing, but I imagine the health care field isn't as robust in Fayetteville, Ark?

The more I talk with people locally the more confident I am in saying that Curry will be picking Minnesota tomorrow

The more I talk with people locally the more confident I am in saying that Curry will be picking Minnesota tomorrow

Hope you're right.

Is he doing a press con or something? Time? Anyone know, or is it already on here somewhere. What day is today? Where am I?

Don't shoot me if I'm wrong, but according to an Arkansas writer for Scout, the decision could come out today.

per the STrib:

“I’m hoping Eric Curry joins the Gopher family,” he said.

Coffey, and the rest of the intrigued basketball community, won’t have to wait long to find out.

Curry, a 6-7 forward from Arkansas, who just happens to be a good friend of Coffey’s, is planning to announce his college decision on Wednesday. He’ll be choosing from Minnesota, Iowa State and Arkansas (Curry also has offers from Alabama, Oklahoma State, SMU and VCU), but Coffey is more than a little biased.

The two Midwestern prospects met a little over a year ago, when they roomed one door down from each other at the Nike Elite 100 camp in St. Louis. They hit it off almost immediately and a new friendship was born.

“We just always saw each other that whole week and just became good friends,” Coffey said. “Since then, we’ve been texting every week.”

http://www.startribune.com/coffey-r...698121/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Could this actually be a Gophers package deal, our version of the Tyus/Jah bromance or the Trent/Carter hot tub party? That would be a wonderfully refreshing change!

per the STrib:

“I’m hoping Eric Curry joins the Gopher family,” he said.

Coffey, and the rest of the intrigued basketball community, won’t have to wait long to find out.

Curry, a 6-7 forward from Arkansas, who just happens to be a good friend of Coffey’s, is planning to announce his college decision on Wednesday. He’ll be choosing from Minnesota, Iowa State and Arkansas (Curry also has offers from Alabama, Oklahoma State, SMU and VCU), but Coffey is more than a little biased.

The two Midwestern prospects met a little over a year ago, when they roomed one door down from each other at the Nike Elite 100 camp in St. Louis. They hit it off almost immediately and a new friendship was born.

“We just always saw each other that whole week and just became good friends,” Coffey said. “Since then, we’ve been texting every week.”

http://www.startribune.com/coffey-r...698121/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

Could this actually be a Gophers package deal, our version of the Tyus/Jah bromance or the Trent/Carter hot tub party? That would be a wonderfully refreshing change!

Well technically we still haven't lost out on the Tub Club of Carter and Trent. :)

Top Bottom