All Things COVID-19 College Football Impact

Uhhhhh, is it your contention that the lockdowns and restrictions since March have not caused significant psychological impacts to people around the country, particularly younger people, resulting in a variety of "unintended consequences" among the younger generation in particular? No increase at all in suicide, depression, alcohol and drug use, domestic violence, et al?

This should be good...

No, that's not my contention. As I said above, you can't paint everyone doing more drugs with an overdose/suicide brush - which is what your post implied. Just like there might be more people drinking, but that doesn't mean everyone turned into an alcoholic or has a drinking problem. Consumption might be up, but not all (or most) of consumption is that with negative results. You're just highlighting the negative outcome.

I know plenty of people who have experimented with ketamine and hallucinogens during this time and have found that it actually had a POSITIVE effect and greatly improved their mental state and outlook on the future. So...what about those outcomes?

You do understand that men have died playing fb and no one has ever said we should cancel the season or stop playing fb all together. But someone who played fb dies from complications from Covid and we should shut down the fb season.

so it’s ok to die playing fb? I’m just curious how you reconcile this.
Just the same. Old. Trash. Different day.

Contagious. Non-contagious.

You know what to do.

No, that's not my contention. As I said above, you can't paint everyone doing more drugs with an overdose/suicide brush - which is what your post implied. Just like there might be more people drinking, but that doesn't mean everyone turned into an alcoholic or has a drinking problem. Consumption might be up, but not all (or most) of consumption is that with negative results. You're just highlighting the negative outcome.
I think you might be missing my point. What I'm saying is, if the increases in deaths and illnesses via suicide, drug and alcohol, domestic violence, et al as a result of the lockdowns and restrictions, particularly for THIS age demographic, are quite a bit more than what has occurred from contracting COVID (hint; it's quite a bit more), that what the f'k are we really gaining with all the lockdowns and continued restrictions?

Looks like the rumors were false about Jamain Stephens dying from Covid. I know a lot of ppl on here are going to be disappointed.

Jamain Stephens' HS Falsely Claimed He Died of Covid
Ah ah ah, the headlines rushed to make a claim one way and you are rushing to make the opposite claim which is just as misleading.

The truth, as quoted in the article is:
Central Catholic, Stephens' high school in Pittsburgh, initially believed he died from COVID-19 complications, though it stated Wednesday it "mistakenly attributed his death without official confirmation on cause," per Brad Everett of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

There is a difference between "falsely claimed" and "mistakenly claimed". It has not been confirmed nor denied that his death was due to COVID complications. All we know at the moment is he had COVID at one point recently, and has now died due to an unknown cause.

I'm afraid this will only serve to strengthen the resolve of the "everyone should be playing this fall!" tribe.

That's how cults work. No matter what happens, it gets spun into "evidence" that supports what you want to be true.

They'll cook up some way to frame it as "if only their team had been playing this fall, maybe he would've gotten screened better and survived", or some other such made-up BS.
Lol...Jumped the gun again...Nice job dummy! ..You really are clueless .

Last edited:

The headline is "college football player dies" because that is what he was known as.

Now, if certain members of this board died, the headline would read

"Internet tough guy dies of covid-19 complications."
No it would read "Misinformed Internet tough guy dies..."

anyone have the backstory on “california university of pennsylvania” so i don’t have to google it?

another question. what is the total number of college football players in the country and what would be .04% of that number?

EDIT: the above post is slightly tongue in cheek cuz i dont really follow the whole corona virus story and i dont really care whether colleges play football this year. so dont quote me

another question. what is the total number of college football players in the country and what would be .04% of that number?

EDIT: the above post is slightly tongue in cheek cuz i dont really follow the whole corona virus story and i dont really care whether colleges play football this year. so dont quote me

If you include just D1 and D2, there are roughly 25,300 players. If you actually mean 4 percent, it would be 1,012 players. If you meant 0.4 percent, it's 101 players

Come now Pompous Elitist, you mean to tell me you already forgot about @GoldenRodents? They've been making this argument from the beginning! Don't worry though, I've pulled out the highlights to jog your memory (I've bolded the important bits of each quote for you too):

In conclusion: You can't play the "Nobody has ever said that." card when, in fact, the user that has been arguably one of the most vocal on this board about COVID has been making that exact argument on numerous occasions.

The comments earlier in this thread said people were saying it was “impossible”, “invincible”, “won’t die from this”. If the posters had said “almost impossible”, “probably won’t die from this” etc that would be a truer statement.

Golden rodents said close to zero, and probably underestimates risk so agreed on that. I think everyone realizes there is risk. Some are more comfortable with it than others, and different people have different beliefs on their actual risk that may not reflect reality as at least one recent poll has demonstrated. Fair enough. From earlier in the thread:

But I thought it was impossible...
Crickets from the peanut gallery

.Another straw man bravely chopped down.

The whole argument has been that young people really won't die from this - especially athletes. So what now?

Last edited:

I restate my firm conviction. The statewide lockdowns have ruined more lives than they have saved and they are an unproven historical innovation. If we had followed Sweden or the United States in 1957 and 1969 our graph would be like below...

Does a college football player die from influenza? Sure, Alcohol poisoning? Sure, COVID? almost zero chance.

1599706169343.png

Nobody has ever said that.
Give us a break.... you are mister "let them play the game", the risk is nil, you take risks in everything you do, etc... etc... If it was up to you all of your gladiators would be out there in every sport.

I think you might be missing my point. What I'm saying is, if the increases in deaths and illnesses via suicide, drug and alcohol, domestic violence, et al as a result of the lockdowns and restrictions, particularly for THIS age demographic, are quite a bit more than what has occurred from contracting COVID (hint; it's quite a bit more), that what the f'k are we really gaining with all the lockdowns and continued restrictions?
show us the data of cases directly linked to the restrictions...... or stop making shit up.

I restate my firm conviction. The statewide lockdowns have ruined more lives than they have saved and they are an unproven historical innovation. If we had followed Sweden or the United States in 1957 and 1969 our graph would be like below...

Does a college football player die from influenza? Sure, Alcohol poisoning? Sure, COVID? almost zero chance.

View attachment 9304
Your lack of knowledge is dangerous. But hey, let Darwin play through.....

UW-Madison is quarantining two dorms and suspending in-person instruction for two weeks. UW mens football and hockey also shutting down for two weeks, presumably due to positive Covid tests. Not sure UW could have played this upcoming weekend.

Give us a break.... you are mister "let them play the game", the risk is nil, you take risks in everything you do, etc... etc... If it was up to you all of your gladiators would be out there in every sport.

There is risk in everything you do, to varying degrees. Are you disputing this? I agree they can play relatively safely if proper testing (preferably daily) and daily life/practice precautions are in place. Is that reasonable?

show us the data of cases directly linked to the restrictions...... or stop making shit up.

Weren’t you arguing data isn’t necessary, just the other day? Right, that was because you supported the false claim.

There is risk in everything you do, to varying degrees. Are you disputing this? I agree they can play relatively safely if proper testing (preferably daily) and daily life/practice precautions are in place. Is that reasonable?

Seems to work for the NBA, MLS/European soccer, and MLB (mostly). Not sure it will work as well in the less controlled environment of college football. We are about to find out.

When did this country become the United States of Pansy Assed People?

Democrats will run around rioting and tossing molatov cocktails while breaking every distancing rule they created and then turn around and panic that a kid playing football may die from Covid19. The hypocrisy is rich.

As of yesterday, if I'm not mistaken; approximately 26,000+ college students have tested positive across the country and not one single reported hospitalization to this point.

Pretty impressive odds. You're more likely to wrap your car around a tree on the way to campus than get significantly ill from the virus

I know. All these dipshits whining about not having college football games to watch. Disgusting. You'd think they might have listened to the experts so we would have had a game this Saturday. But, no! They're either too vain or too insecure of their toughness to wear a frick'n mask.

Democrats will run around rioting and tossing molatov cocktails while breaking every distancing rule they created and then turn around and panic that a kid playing football may die from Covid19. The hypocrisy is rich.

Ask Trump; he'll have an answer for you.

Does data even matter anymore lol?

Attachments

• 53F2CE0F-C2FF-4A9B-B77D-85C7BF4F2D23.jpeg
    53F2CE0F-C2FF-4A9B-B77D-85C7BF4F2D23.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 13

As of yesterday, if I'm not mistaken; approximately 26,000+ college students have tested positive across the country and not one single reported hospitalization to this point.

Pretty impressive odds. You're more likely to wrap your car around a tree on the way to campus than get significantly ill from the virus

35 of 2400 (1.4%) Covid--positive 20-29 year olds in my county have been hospitalized. I do not think they distinguish students from non-students.

Top Bottom