All Things COVID-19 College Football Impact

Yeah, I didn’t say I believe it. If he’s lying, or if someone is just feeding him bad info, he’ll be remembered for this for the rest of his life.

:rolleyes: Denver and KC are immediately adjacent to Nebraska, and of course are where a lot of Lincoln alumni go to find jobs.

That does not mean in any way that they have a large national (as Ogee falsely said) fanbase.

but you said no one outside the state of Nebraska cared or followed them. I gave you two examples
to disprove your statement. There is a reason Forbes and other publications list them as one of the more valuable programs in the country and it isn’t just because of the small population in the state of Nebraska. If nothing else their addition to be the Big Ten made the Big Ten Network a more attractive package for those markets, with Denver being one of the fastest growing cities in the country. They also have a huge alumni network in a Phoenix and Southern California as well.

Last edited:

well I have 17 years of experience in product development, diagnostics, training, and clinical trials regarding heart failure for a large medical device company. What is your experience?
So in other words, you work for one of the cardio med device companies in town (couple major players, at least). Sounds like as a project manager.

That in no way qualifies you as an expert on myocarditis caused by covid19. I’m also not an expert and never claimed to be one.

So in other words, you work for one of the cardio med device companies in town (couple major players, at least). Sounds like as a project manager.

That in no way qualifies you as an expert on myocarditis caused by covid19. I’m also not an expert and never claimed to be one.

not a project manager, and never said I was an expert but I’m not the one saying a cardiologist is unqualified to discuss and evaluate clinical
data on myocarditis. I’m pretty confident that I know more than you on cardiac disease states though. You insinuated you knew more than me and others, you clearly don’t. I’m guessing you don’t even know how to read or interpret a clincial
study.

Last edited:

Lashing out? The only ones doing that is BLM and Antifa and ruining thousands of honest, hard working peoples lives, dreams and future.

Fear? The Lefties have been fearful of Trump even before he was sworn in and haven’t stopped shaking. Don’t confuse fear with strength and resolve. I want my freedom as much as anyone and will oppose any Leftie who threatens that right.
Have you noticed there's a "Bayfieldgopher" and a "Bayfield Gopher"? Wonder how many people think you're the same person.

Would you agree that the best thing that every child could have is a mother and a father in the household? This is not only proven, it is discussed by almost every single parenting professional you can think of. Why would we not want to promote and uplift fathers and mothers of all races to be great parents and be in the home? Be great people? Be great parents. It is the single most important job there is. By saying that a nuclear family is not important it gives an excuse to those mothers and fathers who opt out of their responsibility and not being the person their child or children need.
Not exactly. I would say the best thing a child can have is a parent or parents that love them and are able to provide all the care they need.

That could be a mother and a father, it could be two father's, if could be two mother's, it could be a single father, it could be a single mother, etc. The important part is the love and that the child's needs are met. There is plenty of proof that children can grow up in single parent households and have all their needs met, and plenty of proof that same-gender parents are no better or worse than mixed-gemder parents as well.

All BLM is advocating for is the removal of the requirement of a nuclear, i.e. it is no longer considered the standard or best option. That doesn't mean they want to break up existing families, that's absurd! Just that there are resources available to make sure ever kid's needs are met, regardless of what your family looks like.

It's not like every single parent household is due to one parent deserting their family. There are a great many who have lost their parent to an illness, or a car accident, or while deployed in the military, etc. Sometimes a parent is abusive, and it's in the best interest for the other parent to take the children and leave. What BLM is advocating for is resources so that that doesn't spell disaster for the kids. Neighborhood carpools or after school community programs so single parents can work the required hours needed to support their family. Summer community programs for the same reason, etc.

Have you been around TCF Bank Stadium and surrounds lately? Its like no-mans land. Trump cares about the little guy, his job or lack of, and local business that are closed or struggling to stay open.

Where is Joe with all this?

Trump cares about one thing, himself

Go back and re-read your first paragraph. Do your homework and don't take CNN and all the rest of the anti-Trump media word.

You are the one that said that Righties have been rioting, not me.

You keep on talking about fear. I think you are confusing that with resolve, strength, determination, doing what is right to protect our hard fought liberties. Things that Americans have done since the founding of our country.

"Doing what is right"

And your voting for Trump.... ROTFLMAO he would throw you in a lion pit if it got him reelected....

Also when has a president EVER had numerous people who worked in his administration, appointed by him come out and say they are not voting for him? Maybe they know more about him than you do?

"Doing what is right"

And your voting for Trump.... ROTFLMAO he would throw you in a lion pit if it got him reelected....

Also when has a president EVER had numerous people who worked in his administration, appointed by him come out and say they are not voting for him? Maybe they know more about him than you do?

Here's some more helpful information about all those "anarchists" that are in the process of destroying America.

Carry on...

ACLED data - summer protests 2020

I would also like to know who supports burning down buildings in our great state. Who does? Who supports violence? Who supports hate. At what point do we need to stop with that and be human beings towards each other. Put common sense back on the table. And live by the principals that God himself guides us to do. And if you believe in another higher power believe in what they expect.
You should read Ben Sasse book, "Them."

Totally failed? No. There are cracks in the facade and an increasing loss of trust.

In 2020 (and high profile enough to get into the general public sphere):
Surgisphere debacle and retraction - important?
The German JAMA myocarditis study riddled with errors?
Epidemiological models.

What is the status of peer review? Funding sources, allocation? Quality? In 2020.
Nothing’s perfect, that doesn’t mean it’s broke. All great and important issues that have been long-standing areas of improvement. The scientific community is extremely self-aware of these issues... sounds kinda like an anti science talking point to be honest...

It’s interesting how I agreed with you but you tried to pick a fight with me, sorry I don’t agree with you 100% on things.

Last edited:

Giant following in California, way more fans in Florida than we have.
....prove it.

Lincoln doesn't have any more living alumni than any other Big Ten public school.

And casual fans don't follow crappy teams, like Huskers football.

Last edited:

Actually ... I'm glad you keep bringing these BS tweets to us. They've been proven as frauds, one after the other.

So it is good to keep tabs on the shat that is floating in the Twitter pool.

but you said no one outside the state of Nebraska cared or followed them. I gave you two examples
to disprove your statement. There is a reason Forbes and other publications list them as one of the more valuable programs in the country and it isn’t just because of the small population in the state of Nebraska. If nothing else their addition to be the Big Ten made the Big Ten Network a more attractive package for those markets, with Denver being one of the fastest growing cities in the country. They also have a huge alumni network in a Phoenix and Southern California as well.
You did disprove my statement. I went too extreme. So thanks for keeping me in check.

Actually, if it could be shown that a majority of cable systems in the Denver and KC areas now carry the Big Ten Network on the main channel tier (same tier as ESPN -- not a special "sports pack"), due to demands from Husker (football) fans, then that would significantly invalidate the argument that Nebraska's low state population didn't add many cable subscribers to BTN.

My suspicion though, is that it isn't true. My understanding is that the BTN has only had success in negotiating its way onto the main tier of cable systems in states that have a Big Ten school. Obviously, Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri do not. It's about 100mi from KC to Nebraska state line, 185mi to Omaha, and Denver is obviously on the other side of the state (about 185mi to the state border on I-76).

It has to be on the main tier, not a "sports pack", because that's how the BTN makes its money. They charge the cable system a fee for every subscriber who subscribers to that tier of channels with BTN on it. Obviously then, a sports pack will have far fewer subscribers, and yet is a way for the cable system to tell its customers "we offer BTN, if you want to pay an extra $10/mo to us".

I doubt Lincoln has more living alumni than any Big Ten public school. And would be interested in the numbers, but guessing they have more alumni in Texas and in the Central and Eastern time zones than they do out west. They don't consider themselves a western school. My point being: I would guess every Big Ten school has a fair amount of alumni in the big western markets, as people just naturally gravitate out there for jobs, lifestyle, etc.

Regardless, thanks for the discussion. This stuff interests me.

not a project manager, and never said I was an expert but I’m not the one saying a cardiologist is unqualified to discuss and evaluate clinical
data on myocarditis. I’m pretty confident that I know more than you on cardiac disease states though. You insinuated you knew more than me and others, you clearly don’t. I’m guessing you don’t even know how to read or interpret a clincial
study.
I'm certain you possess much more overall knowledge on cardiac disease states than I do. And almost surely Ackerman possesses more than both of us put together.

But the discussion at hand has nothing to do with (evaluating) clinical data. The clinical setting is where Ackerman is qualified as an expert, since he is a cardiologist.

My point is that we're discussing potentially brand new scientific aspects of a brand new disease. There is extremely limited clinical data, if any at all. Ackerman does not have a scientific background in virology. Heart inflammation caused by a genetic defect could be entirely different than when it is caused by a virus. And doctors aren't experts in scientific, research topics, just from their medical training. Medical training only teaches you which medicines or therapies to prescribe. It has nothing to do with scientific research.

I'm not sure how to make these points more clear. They're correct, factually.

People need to start preparing themselves for this very likely reality ....

https://www.startribune.com/what-will-you-do-if-november-brings-crisis-and-chaos/572321792/

On the evening of Nov. 3, Americans settle nervously in front of their screens to await elections results. In the early hours Donald Trump seems to be having an excellent night. Counting the votes cast at polling places, Trump is winning Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan.

Those states don’t even begin processing mail-in ballots until Election Day, yet Trump quickly declares victory. So do many other Republican candidates. The media complains that it’s premature, but Trumpworld is ecstatic.

Democrats know that as many as 40% of the ballots are mail-in and still being counted, and those votes are likely to be overwhelmingly for Joe Biden, but they can’t control the emotions of that night. It’s a gut punch.

As the mail-in ballots are tallied, the Trump leads erode. But the situation is genuinely unclear. Trump is on the warpath, raging about fraud.

Within weeks there are lawsuits and challenges everywhere. It’s like Florida in 2000, but the chaos is happening in many states at once. Ballots are getting tossed because of problems with signatures, or not getting tossed, amid national frenzy.

Trump says he won’t let Democrats steal the election and declares himself reelected. It’s an outrage, but as when he used the White House for a campaign prop during his convention, who’s going to stop him?

A certain kind of Republican takes to the streets to enforce Trump’s version of events. According to research done by Larry Bartels of Vanderbilt, 50% of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents believe “the traditional American way of life is disappearing so fast that we may have to use force to save it.” Nearly as many believe, that “A time will come when patriotic Americans have to take the law into their own hands.”

The left is in the streets, too. On the fringe of the left there are those who want to overthrow the racist, cisgendered, patriarchal neoliberal oligarchy. This is their chance at mayhem, too, and they seize it with sometimes violent passion.

Reactions: MRJ

Top Bottom