All Things Class of 2025 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

coolhandgopher

Reaction score
Call me a cock-eyed optimist, but perhaps we can be in the mix for someone on this list in a couple years. And yes, if you didn't already know and were wondering, #1 and #24 on the list are the twin sons of Carlos Boozer. I'm pulling for Calipari to hire him onto his staff, so they stay away from Durham :).

IMG_9350.JPG

I know nothing about him but I'm hoping we land Maper Maker just so I can say his name over and over.
A bunch of his highlights went viral a couple of years ago because he was 7' at like 12 years old. There was a funny video where he is playing against other typical middle schoolers and you hear a parent unironically yell "defense" from the stands right before he throws down a monster dunk.

A bunch of his highlights went viral a couple of years ago because he was 7' at like 12 years old. There was a funny video where he is playing against other typical middle schoolers and you hear a parent unironically yell "defense" from the stands right before he throws down a monster dunk.
I remember that now.

Just looked him up. He is the younger brother of Makur Maker who was recently a 5 star recruit that committed to Howard but hardly played before getting hurt. Now playing in Australia. And cousin of Thon Maker who was the 10th overall NBA pick back in 2016.

#18's name is B.J. so Ben already has the lead on him.

I understand how the recruiting game works.

But the notion of 'targeting' 14 and 15-year-old kids still seems a little odd to me. I wish there was a way to allow kids to be kids, without turning them into commodities. But, in the age of NIL, I guess that horse has left the barn for good.

But the notion of 'targeting' 14 and 15-year-old kids still seems a little odd to me. I wish there was a way to allow kids to be kids, without turning them into commodities. But, in the age of NIL, I guess that horse has left the barn for good.
People have been offering sophomores well before NIL 😂 Al Nolen committed here after his sophmore season. Sophomore year is when most coaches start recruiting kids. We can’t blame NIL for everything

2025 is closer in the mirror than it appears

Anyone know if Chase Thompson (Trenton’s brother) will be a target for the gophers? I know nothing about the kid but a coworker has seen him and says he is better than Treyton and bigger (6’10”, 250).

Last edited:

Anyone know if Chase Thompson (Trenton’s brother) will be a target for the gophers? I know nothing about the kid but a coworker has seen him and says he is better than Treyton and bigger (6’10”, 250).
Chase starts at QB for the football team so I doubt he's 6'10". A few places list him at 6'7" and around 200 pounds. Obviously still young so could continue to grow.

Top Bottom