All Things Class of 2025 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Agreed, Donley has the kind of quickness and ball skills that will translate to the next level if he continues to develop. He's a fun kid to watch. Wilson is a good ball player and very well-rounded, but it may be tough for him to match up physically. I haven't seen Wooley from Orono play enough to have an opinion, but it's pretty slim pickings for that class.
Donley is terrible… if comparing him to D1 players. Short with no skill-set. NAIA player.

Per Marcus:

For the second time this offseason, Gophers basketball coach Ben Johnson and his staff hosted four-star Kentucky forward E.J. Walker on an unofficial visit.

The 6-8, 220-pound junior at Lloyd Memorial (Ky.) spent last weekend with the Gophers, which included attending the Eastern Michigan football win Saturday.

"I had a good visit," Walker told the Star Tribune. "The football game was a lot of fun. Enjoyed watching practice as well."

After receiving a scholarship offer from the Gophers in October, Walker and his family followed Johnson's program and visited the U for the first time in early June. They were able to spend more time with the staff and players on the second trip to Minnesota recently.

"I got to know [assistant coach Dave] Thorson more and took a tour of the campus," Walker said. "I also hung out with the players this time."

The aspect that most stood out for Walker about the Gophers is Johnson and his staff. That includes assistant Jason Kemp, who flew to Kentucky to see Walker's high school workout this week.

"They're real big on relationships

and family atmosphere," Walker said earlier. "I like what Coach Johnson does with his hybrid [power forward] position."

Go Gophers!!

Johnson-Arigu of Totino-Grace will announce today, he might go to Iowa. Looks the Gophers did not offer or pursue. Grove who will sing with the Gophers had surgery this summer and did not play.

Did you watch him? You must be a D1 guy. AAU is overrated. When has he ever dominated a high school game?
Plus if he’s that guy there no need to transfer. Left Osseo to be part of that TG hype machine

Did you watch him? You must be a D1 guy. AAU is overrated. When has he ever dominated a high school game?
I watched all the Minnesota teams who played nationally. None of the teams impressed but Isaiah def had a good summer. Dominated a HS school game isn’t a great measuring stick & I’ve seen him do that last year as well

By "honored", he meant "FLABBERGASTED!!!".
He is being recruited by Purdue and a couple other Power 5s (Minnesota, Marquette, Notre Dame, Providence, Northwestern, URI, and Colorado. Have been very consistent) this is one of the tweets on his page

He is being recruited by Purdue and a couple other Power 5s (Minnesota, Marquette, Notre Dame, Providence, Northwestern, URI, and Colorado. Have been very consistent) this is one of the tweets on his page
My bad!
I shouldn't believe everything posted on this website.

Source?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">‘25 Barrett Loer of <a href="https://twitter.com/sgboyshoops?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@sgboyshoops</a> has updated us in his recruitment.<br><br>Colorado<br>Xavier<br>Purdue <br>Minnesota <br>Northwestern<br><br>Minnesota, Marquette, Notre Dame, Providence, Northwestern, URI, and Colorado. Have been very consistent he tells us. <a href="https://twitter.com/LoerBarrett?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@LoerBarrett</a></p>&mdash; 365 Recruits (@365_Recruits) <a href="">September 1, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">‘25 Barrett Loer of <a href="https://twitter.com/sgboyshoops?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@sgboyshoops</a> has updated us in his recruitment.<br><br>Colorado<br>Xavier<br>Purdue <br>Minnesota <br>Northwestern<br><br>Minnesota, Marquette, Notre Dame, Providence, Northwestern, URI, and Colorado. Have been very consistent he tells us. <a href="https://twitter.com/LoerBarrett?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@LoerBarrett</a></p>&mdash; 365 Recruits (@365_Recruits) <a href="">September 1, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
So the source is Loer himself?

Sure, sounds legit.

So the source is Loer himself?

Sure, sounds legit.
Being recruited by doesn't mean offered yet, sometimes you want to be the first big boy in line. Sounds to me like he's been increasing his profile and we wanted to be first in line.

Being recruited by doesn't mean offered yet, sometimes you want to be the first big boy in line. Sounds to me like he's been increasing his profile and we wanted to be first in line.
But you can't get offered unless you are a good player. College teams don't offer scholarships to stiffs, because the stiff may accept the offer.

O star with offers from Rhode Island, Albany and Bryant.

Yeesh

0 stars is likely (at least possibly) concerning, but I wouldn't have the same criticism of comparing the other offers. Could prove beneficial to be the first offer over other Power 5's. We've all complained about being late to the offer game on other recruits.

0 stars is likely (at least possibly) concerning, but I wouldn't have the same criticism of comparing the other offers. Could prove beneficial to be the first offer over other Power 5's. We've all complained about being late to the offer game on other recruits.
Yeah, possibly. It's not the most likely scenario, but possible.

FWIW - all of his offers have been since 9/13 - with the last being from Seina, which is of course, a legit mid-major. He could be in the nascent stages of his P5 trajectory. All his offers and the timeline for them are listed in his 247 profile.

Top Bottom