All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Logic and reason demands it. I am bound by logic and reason.

Sure.

I think the two most likely scenarios are:
1. His top school has asked him to wait because they think they can do better
2. He's really indecisive, as a lot kids are, and realized he was dragging it out too long, so he set an arbitrary deadline to force his own hand.

Both scenarios are very realistic despite your obsession with the idea of them negotiating money.

I have it on good authority (very close friend of the family) that Kerwin is on round 4,324,962 of Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

I'm told that when he breaks 5M rounds, he will be ready to announce.

Seems like this is debunked, though? Obviously isn't Minn asking.

Who would Arizona or UNC be waiting on, at this point?

2. He's really indecisive, as a lot kids are, and realized he was dragging it out too long, so he set an arbitrary deadline to force his own hand.
So call it off, announce tonight. Literally nothing will change between tonight and Saturday.

Seems like this is debunked, though? Obviously isn't Minn asking.

How would that possibly be debunked? Teams can't talk about recruits until they sign. Maybe UNC or Arizona knows a player they like is thinking about transferring there and will decide by the 25th? Or maybe one of their players is thinking about entering the draft and is waiting until then to decide? Who knows.

So call it off, announce tonight. Literally nothing will change between tonight and Saturday.

"If he's setting an arbitrary deadline, then he should just go by MY arbitrary deadline!"

Maybe UNC or Arizona knows a player they like is thinking about transferring there and will decide by the 25th?
People would know the transfer was in the portal and considering UNC or Arizona. That’s not a secret. Everyone knows and shares everything when it’s two major programs like that.

People would know the transfer was in the portal and considering UNC or Arizona. That’s not a secret.

Players enter the portal at all different times. There will probably be a player that enters tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that. UNC and Arizona may want to wait to see if another big time transfer becomes available before allowing a commitment from Walton. Or, again, maybe Walton just hasn't decided.

I look forward to hearing your conspiracy theories regarding why some players wait longer to enter the portal.

Everyone knows and shares everything when it’s two major programs like that.

I promise you Roy Williams and Sean Miller know things about their recruiting situation that isn't public knowledge.

Players enter the portal at all different times. There will probably be a player that enters tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that. UNC and Arizona may want to wait to see if another big time transfer becomes available before allowing a commitment from Walton. Or, again, maybe Walton just hasn't decided.
Schools are not allowed to contact athletes at other schools before they are in the portal. So why would UNC or Arizona request Walton to wait until such a specific date? It would make sense, if they knew that so and so at the U of XYZ was going to enter the portal on Apr 23rd. But they are forbidden from knowing that ....

And just stop it with the laughable BS that Kerwin is pacing back and forth in his room right now, unable to make a decision after months of agonizing.

Schools are not allowed to contact athletes at other schools before they are in the portal. So why would UNC or Arizona request Walton to wait until such a specific date?

I don't know. Maybe they got word indirectly from someone who knows a player. Or maybe they didn't set the date. Maybe they kept Walton waiting indefinitely and he got sick of them stringing him along, so he set a date and told them if they aren't ready to accept his commitment by then, he's going somewhere else.

Maybe the 25th is his birthday or has some other significance to him.

Who knows. No point in obsessing over it. The point is there are plenty of possibilities that don't involve money. I'm not going to respond anymore though as you're already too wrapped up in your conspiracies to see things any other way.

I don't know. Maybe they got word indirectly from someone who knows a player. Or maybe they didn't set the date. Maybe they kept Walton waiting indefinitely and he got sick of them stringing him along, so he set a date and told them if they aren't ready to accept his commitment by then, he's going somewhere else.

Maybe the 25th is his birthday or has some other significance to him.

Who knows. No point in obsessing over it. The point is there are plenty of possibilities that don't involve money. I'm not going to respond anymore though as you're already too wrapped up in your conspiracies to see things any other way.
Listed 8-10 things that can still be a factor.

Sure.

I think the two most likely scenarios are:

Both scenarios are very realistic despite your obsession with the idea of them negotiating money.

With absolutely no insight into it, I think number 2 is quite likely. Decisions are hard, especially when you're a 17-18 year old kid who's never had to make a major life decision before. Sometimes setting an arbitrary deadline out in the future allows yourself to think that you still have time to "think about it" while forcing yourself to make a decision eventually.

With absolutely no insight into it, I think number 2 is quite likely. Decisions are hard, especially when you're a 17-18 year old kid who's never had to make a major life decision before. Sometimes setting an arbitrary deadline out in the future allows yourself to think that you still have time to "think about it" while forcing yourself to make a decision eventually.
Perhaps he loves the great academics at Georgetown and Vandy, the NBA backgrounds of those coaches. Simply no way to tell.

Schools are not allowed to contact athletes at other schools before they are in the portal. So why would UNC or Arizona request Walton to wait until such a specific date? It would make sense, if they knew that so and so at the U of XYZ was going to enter the portal on Apr 23rd. But they are forbidden from knowing that ....

And just stop it with the laughable BS that Kerwin is pacing back and forth in his room right now, unable to make a decision after months of agonizing.

Why? Because he’s an athlete he’s immune to the struggle of making a college decision like a typical high school kid? Yes, most athletes have to commit earlier if they want a scholarship, forcing their hand. However, May 1 is the deadline for any other kid.

There are multiple possibilities. He could very well go back and forth with his decision - that would not be atypical for a high school senior. He could know what he wants, yet is holding out just in case some other possibility presents itself last minute. He also may simply be waiting because he wants to make an announcement on his own timeline, not yours. He’s 17 or 18 - he will make the decision when he’s ready.

I do realize though that you know best, and all high school seniors make their college choices much earlier (of course, that shows your ability to see the world from only your experience and point of view).

I have this picture of Graduate assistants at Arizona, UNC, Minnesota and other colleges constantly hitting refresh on the transfer portal list. Their cell phones with the recruiting coordinator on speed dial and that guy with Kerwin on speed dial. In this mad cyclic loop to determine just where the young man will end up going to college being determined by multiple cogs in various systems so complex none of us could possibly understand or fathom.

Or it could come down to cash, cars, women, weather or simply where the young man wants to go.

At this point, I could care less. Go where ya want kiddo!!

UNC board saying they would know by now of Kerwin chose the Heels, Arizona board saying Pitino/staff are going all-in on the stay home angle. Reading between the lines it appears UNC and Arizona are losing confidence he'll go to either. It'll be an interesting 72 hours...

Ahhh, the announcement video has to be edited, those things don't make themselves.

This one seems to make the most sense to me. Getting proper licensing permission from the U of M to use their logo and game footage to use in the announcement video takes time. (This is not serious, before certain people absolutely lose their minds...though I do think finalizing a video does make sense and to release it on a weekend night probably is cool to a high school student, too)

I think he's waiting simply to drive some posters nuts. Probably logging on right now to see exactly how much more frustration he's created today as compared to yesterday. He's probably known for 3 months and is now just sitting back to see what crazy conspiracy theories we'll come up with today.

"THIS IS SO FUN! " "Having a blast watching these posters go ballistic, turn on each other, get angry, and generally go crazy because I won't announce a huge life decision until I decide I want to."

I wonder if the kid isn't sitting in his room right now, giggling his butt off over all the comments over the past 10 pages of this thread.

I think he's waiting simply to drive some posters nuts. Probably logging on right now to see exactly how much more frustration he's created today as compared to yesterday. He's probably known for 3 months and is now just sitting back to see what crazy conspiracy theories we'll come up with today.

"THIS IS SO FUN! " "Having a blast watching these posters go ballistic, turn on each other, get angry, and generally go crazy because I won't announce a huge life decision until I decide I want to."

I wonder if the kid isn't sitting in his room right now, giggling his butt off over all the comments over the past 10 pages of this thread.
To read what 10 people have to say. Pretty sure he gets his work in, sees his gal, spends time on social media sites where his friends are,music and gaming.

To read what 10 people have to say. Pretty sure he gets his work in, sees his gal, spends time on social media sites where his friends are,music and gaming.
guessing that realistically, he is probably completely unaware that this forum even exists and likely has never actually checked it out. Still, the picture in my head of the possibility was entertaining for me as I read through all the crazy comments.

Are we sure Walton wouldn't feel buyer's remorse and look to transfer next year?
Are we sure two years of Peterson wouldn't be the better option?
Are we sure one year of Kier wouldn't be the better option?
Are we sure Walton is actually good enough to make a difference next year?
Are we sure my home-from-college son ate all our chicken pot pies?

These are all questions that need answering.

Are u that gullible ?? Of course there talking to players on other teams. Just think once they allow 1 time transfers. Who will teams come after? U think we will be able to keep Carr? Inhen?

Are u that gullible ?? Of course there talking to players on other teams. Just think once they allow 1 time transfers. Who will teams come after? U think we will be able to keep Carr? Inhen?
Oh boy! Cant wait for mplsgopher to fire back on this one lol I'll hang up and listen to the answer!

Top Bottom