All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

I tend to agree. If he is I don't think we do. Only as strong as your weakest link.

Is your assessment of him purely because he doesn't rebound as much?

EDIT: You know, I've had this argument on the board too much. This is suposed to be about recruiting and here we are arguing about this again. Mods please delete the last page of arguments they don't deserve to stay up in this thread. Sorry I'm done defending a good stretch 4.

I honestly don't know why there isn't more optimism about 2015-16. Pitino took a team without a scoring guard, without a true physical center, without a shooting guard, and without a power forward and beat Michigan State while losing by 1-2 points in a half dozen games.
Next year, with Dorsey and Nwankwo and McBrayer and (hopefully) one more forward signing, the Gophers could have all of those. If Konate and Diedhou and Buggs at least rebound effectively, the team has a quicker, stronger, more balanced lineup that should be good for 3-4 more BIG wins.

I'm cautiously optimistic about next season. If we can soldify the front court I think we'll be solid. I really don't have much worry at PG and the wings. We are about as strong and deep (albeit young) as we've ever been there. If we get Ellison and Boucher I'll be hoping for NCAA Tourney.

If King isn't a starter next year we for sure make the NCAA tournament.

With King and Morris on the court at the same time rebounding was non existent, both are sub par rebounders at the Big Ten level, I'm hoping there might be a better match next year, maybe Buggs will improve enough overall and playing with King could improve this drastically, Buggs isn't a great rebounder but is noticeably better than Morris.

King will not be the weakest link next year.

This is such a stupid conversation.

I honestly don't know why there isn't more optimism about 2015-16. Pitino took a team without a scoring guard, without a true physical center, without a shooting guard, and without a power forward and beat Michigan State while losing by 1-2 points in a half dozen games.
Next year, with Dorsey and Nwankwo and McBrayer and (hopefully) one more forward signing, the Gophers could have all of those. If Konate and Diedhou and Buggs at least rebound effectively, the team has a quicker, stronger, more balanced lineup that should be good for 3-4 more BIG wins.

wat

So what's gone on recently? The past couple of pages have been about Joey King being the weakest link...

So what's gone on recently? The past couple of pages have been about Joey King being the weakest link...

I think April 10 is the date any players that declare for the draft would have to pull out to stay eligible. After that the needs of the blue bloods will be known and commits will start to occur. Players could still declare after the 10th but they would be immediately ineligible if they do that.

Things should start to heat up by the end of the week.

Try to get this back on track as I looked through the last page and didn't see a post related to 2015 recruiting. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Coach McHale is the assistant who has been recruiting Malik Ellison. I am not sure how much of an effect it will have if McHale gets the Eastern Kentucky job but it's something to keep an eye on. The good news is that Pitino himself was on the last visit to Ellison. Also, Ellison is currently in Florida having watched his sister play in the women's final four for Maryland.

Good news on Mychal Mulder is that he's not committed to Creighton yet. A lot of JUCO's commit to the first school they visit and it seems like Mulder is going to take some more time. Bad news on Mulder is that he visited Louisville and doesn't have a visit scheduled to Minnesota. Obviously, Louisville has to be very attractive as it's fairly rare for a program like that to have an opening for a JUCO to come in and start right away.

Trey Lewis to Louisville probably ends up helping us with Mychal Mulder.

Hopefully Papa Pitino does his best to steer Mulder here. I haven't been too hopeful in regard to Mulder, but he would be an excellent signing.

I'm dying for some new recruiting news. Anxious to know what we do with the last 3 scholarships.

I'm dying for some new recruiting news. Anxious to know what we do with the last 3 scholarships.

I'm guessing we'll have to wait until the dead period is over to start hearing more news. Dead period through April 9th I think.

Maybe this was already known, but Boucher has narrowed his list from 15 to 6:

Erickson said Boucher has narrowed his choices to six schools, Wyoming, Texas Christian, Texas Tech, Oregon State, Washington State and Minnesota. Boucher has visited Texas Christian and was poised to decide which schools he wishes to make official visits to after cutting his semi-final consideration list from 15 schools.

http://www.codyenterprise.com/news/sports/article_a32425fe-dc8d-11e4-a69d-5f92503037e0.html

If those are the teams we're competing with, I have to say I like our chances

If those are the teams we're competing with, I have to say I like our chances

Don't sleep on TCU. They got a visit and they have been on him longer than us. That said, I like our chances if we can getva visit.

Russo wouldn't do much for me. I'd rather take a transfer that has to sit out a year like Cunningham or bank the scholarship for next year than take a 4 who might not be an upgrade over King. With King/Buggs/Diedhiou on the roster, we either need a real upgrade or to use the scholarship elsewhere.

Russo wouldn't do much for me. I'd rather take a transfer that has to sit out a year like Cunningham or bank the scholarship for next year than take a 4 who might not be an upgrade over King. With King/Buggs/Diedhiou on the roster, we either need a real upgrade or to use the scholarship elsewhere.

+1

If Russo brings grit and can grab boards I say bring him in. Rather gave Boucher but Russo can fill a void that we truly lack right now

If Russo brings grit and can grab boards I say bring him in. Rather gave Boucher but Russo can fill a void that we truly lack right now

So you vote to put another finger in the dike. King will play big minutes, Gaston needs minutes, and Buggs can provide minutes at the 3&4. We need difference makers, not warm bodies. In the article Montor wrote in February, he didn't have one offer.

Top Bottom