All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

Does that take one of the options off the table for Jarvis? I think Wichita State just has two scholarships available for 2015 (at least for now) and has filled them both.

I believe Landry was their first commit for 2015. I think they still have one spot open, might be wrong.

Nwadanko visits tomorrow! Do we have stalkers ready to see if he is all smiles or not?

Nwadanko visits tomorrow! Do we have stalkers ready to see if he is all smiles or not?

I'll be crawling around Dinkeytown with my infrared spotting scope.

Let's hope for good weather and no stabbings!

Grimes would make more sense than Jarvis IMO. Dorsey, McBrayer, Mason and McNeil would provide the team with adequate guard play. A big wing like Grimes is more of a priority. Alex gets the last scholarship unless the coaches are not optimistic he wants to be a Gopher in which case Nwankwo would be a solid choice. Unlikely that Buggs leaves to open a 5th spot.

Grimes is rated at .9041 on 247 for what that is worth. McBrayer is rated .87 in comparison.

Looks like Jarvis is a 91. I'd rather take him than Grimes. It sounds like McBrayer could legitimately grow to 6'6 or 6'7 and become that lanky wing for us. Even if he doesn't, he is athletic and long enough to play the 3 for us. So I already consider him more of a wing. Grimes would be somewhat redundant, which normally wouldn't be a big issue, but in this instance I'd rather take the local standout player from a school with a history of producing lots of D-1 talent.

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, there is a better chance than not the we'll take 5 in this class. A scholarship almost always opens up.

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, there is a better chance than not the we'll take 5 in this class. A scholarship almost always opens up.

Don't disagree with you at all, but isn't it more likely the fifth scholarship wouldn't be available until the spring and all the names that we are throwing around would be signed in November? It seems (unlikely?) to me that we would sign five in November and have that cloud hanging over the team all year? Or am I completely naive?

Grimes supposedly can play the 4 too, so if we were to miss out on Illikainen he would likely become more of a priority.

Grimes supposedly can play the 4 too, so if we were to miss out on Illikainen he would likely become more of a priority.

I wouldn't call Grimes a wing. Not at all. 4. Could play 5 and 3, but a 4 who makes his $ inside is the way to go for him.

Never believe when someone says "uuhhh, duh... so and so isn't going to commit until the spring".. sometimes it's turns out that way, but very often it's not. Nonetheless, some writers like to just regurgitate what they are told vs. put any thought into things.

Not tech savy, but Jarvis just tweeted "Not worth waiting". I don't normally read into tweets, but this one's certainly interesting....!

Not tech savy, but Jarvis just tweeted "Not worth waiting". I don't normally read into tweets, but this one's certainly interesting....!

More likely has to do with a long line at a burger joint than anything regarding recruiting.

What is dinkytown?

Not knowing who this poster was before I thought this was sarcasm. Deserves an answer now.

Dinkytown is what we refer to the "village" that boarders the Northwest portion of campus. Its where the majority of students live that are off campus. Good Bars/restaurants and other attractions.

What is dinkytown?

This folks, is Jonathan N. who is on his official visit to the University today! Jonathan, if you get a chance, have a burger at Annie's in Dinkytown along with a malt. Also have a Big Ten sub sandwich in Stadium Village off of their thousand year old broiler! Both are very delicous and staples to the U campus! Enjoy your visit!

If the MN kids want to drag their feet on committing, I'd be more than happy to load our roster with the east coast kids like of Dorsey, McBrayer and Nwankwo! Let's throw Clarke in there too.

If the MN kids want to drag their feet on committing, I'd be more than happy to load our roster with the east coast kids like of Dorsey, McBrayer and Nwankwo! Let's throw Clarke in there too.

Love how you use our roster. Looking forward for you being on our team.

Love how you use our roster. Looking forward for you being on our team.

PTalberg said:
It would be kind of funny/unfortunate if we get Dorsey and Clarke and Maryland gets Alex and Jarvis

PTalberg said:
We could possibly go with a Illikainen, Martin/King, Konate lineup

PTalberg said:
That also might be good for us. Don't forget he is a past gopher. I still feel Papa Coffey will want his son to follow in his steps.

PTalberg said:
Anim would most likely SF or SG where those skills are needed. Saying that I still hope we offer him and I agree that he could hold a bench...

Love how you say "we" and "us" like you're on the Gopher's staff. :)

+1

Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems like the east coast kids, particularly the NYC kids, are much tougher mentally and usually physically. I would love to have a steady pipeline of east coast kids.

This folks, is Jonathan N. who is on his official visit to the University today! Jonathan, if you get a chance, have a burger at Annie's in Dinkytown along with a malt. Also have a Big Ten sub sandwich in Stadium Village off of their thousand year old broiler! Both are very delicous and staples to the U campus! Enjoy your visit!

He may want to save room because I'm betting there's a reservation tonight at Fogo de Chao....yummmmmmmy.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks Gold! :D Apparently someone, who will go unnamed, is a bit of a hypocrite.

Don't see how its hypocritical. I'm not saying its bad to use "we" "us". I'm just noting that if you speak like like that you care about the team and have heart into the team.

Marquette is racking up a hell of a 2015 recruiting class, they just got a top 50-60 SG out of Florida. It's absolutely stunning when you consider they lost their "great" coach and in-state rival, Wisconsin, went to the final four. This has to be a frustrating recruiting class for UW fans, so far.

Top Bottom