All Things Braeden Carrington Recruitment Thread (Class of 2022; Gophers Offered)

mkAz

Reaction score
Excellent, now he needs to get to work recruiting! Great addition!

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I'm guessing he gets a ranking very soon on 247 now that he has committed.

SanDiegoGopherFan

Reaction score
I'm guessing he gets a ranking very soon on 247 now that he has committed.
That’s what I’m thinking. Gopher hole piece mentioned they felt he’s at least the 6th best player in the state. Which would make him a solid 3 star? Maybe low 3.

umn99

Reaction score
Never any doubt! Great news for Braeden and his family as well as Ben and his staff! Being the first recruit for this class is pretty special.

Cayman

Reaction score
i feel this thread would be a lot longer if he chosen to go elsewhere
I agree, but as someone who’s been very much espousing that it’s early and there’s no reason to panic, part of that was based on the idea that Minnesota was a heavy favorite for Carrington and Payne and it was likely just a matter of time until they committed. Losing Carrington might have been the single biggest semi-legitimate reason to panic so far for this recruiting cycle, even though we still seem to have interest from other quality guards from out of state. It would have also lent credibility to the idea that if your top targets haven’t committed by now, then they must not really be interested.

Losing King and Heide felt more like losing to a top 15 Michigan State in East Lansing, where losing Carrington might have been closer to losing to Nebraska at home.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking. Gopher hole piece mentioned they felt he’s at least the 6th best player in the state. Which would make him a solid 3 star? Maybe low 3.
This is a remarkably deep class, I try not to be too much of a Kool Aid drinker, but I think he will be a high 3 and possibly 4 star (even if he is the 6th rated recruit in the state).

NWMetroGopherFan

Reaction score
Didn't he take an offical to Colorado? He can't commit to Colorado while being on a visit here...
He was scheduled to go to Colorado in a few weeks. I know he had also considered visiting Florida. That's obviously changed now with today's news. I expect Payne isn't far behind to join him.

Obi-Wan Okogie

Reaction score
If young Mr. Carrington can be the first domino in great Minnesota players staying home and his Gohper teams do some real damage and see real success, he will be a Minnesota legend for life. If we turn this program around, the first group of Young Men who usher in that era will never be forgotten. A chance to create a real legacy.

bga1

Reaction score
If young Mr. Carrington can be the first domino in great Minnesota players staying home and his Gohper teams do some real damage and see real success, he will be a Minnesota legend for life. If we turn this program around, the first group of Young Men who usher in that era will never be forgotten. A chance to create a real legacy.
This is true! Melvin Newbern, Willie Burton, Richard Coffey and Jim Shickenjanski were the core that turned it around for Clem and we have not forgotten them. Imagine had they been locals! Kevin Lynch did join them a class later and is similarly remembered.

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
GopherHole Q&A: Carrington Details Gophers Commitment and Pride for Minnesota!

Gopher Hole: You committed to Minnesota. What was the main reason that you decided that homestate school was the right fit for you?

Braeden Carrington: It was nothing like any other school. From the head coach to every assistant coach, they were always showing the same amount of love. Not every school was doing that, so to me, it was just special that every coach was showing me the same type of love that the head coach was. It’s the hometown school, so that just added onto the decision and when I walked into Williams Arena on my visit Tuesday and I thought “This is beautiful and I could see myself playing here for however many years, 4, 2, whatever.

GopherHole: You are the first high school player to commit to new head coach Ben Johnson. Is that a special feeling knowing that you are the first commit that he got?

Braeden Carrington: They have been saying that they want to build around me and I’m like the foundation for high school players. If they see me come in, they might think Ben Johnson can really win here, really start a good team and have a good future here.”

GopherHole: You are also the first Minnesota commit from the state as well. Does that make it even more special since Coach Johnson has made getting the top local players to stay home a priority?

Braeden Carrington: Yes. He definitely made me a priority. It’s nice knowing that he is really trying to focus on getting Minnesota kids. Once he can lock down a few, he can go outstate and try to get more. It just shows that he really loves the state and he is starting to show love and giving back to his old team. It’s nice because you have the whole city behind your back. I had fans texting me, so it’s nice knowing that everybody thinks it’s a good decision too, not just me.

Full Q&A here: https://gopherhole.com/carrington-details-gophers-commitment-and-pride-for-minnesota/

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
No mention that he was recruited by Tre. I cannot imagine how Izzo would feel about his recruit working for the U.

MVGopherfan

Reaction score
Tre and Braeden would be a nice backcourt for a couple of years at least

Top Bottom